You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
creativepanda
Full Member
Are you in stateJust got fin aid, does downstate give out scholarships usually?
creativepanda
Full Member
What’s it forIs anybody going to the virtual chat on Friday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck all... the games begin
creativepanda
Full Member
Good luck all... the games begin
let the hunger games beginGood luck all... the games begin
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!! LM 71, instate.
So happy for you!!Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!! LM 71, instate.
Wolverine123RR
Full Member
Congrats! When did you interview?Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!! LM 71, instate.
December!Congrats! When did you interview?
Yep and thank you! I sent one letter of intent around early Aprilcongrats! Did you send any Letter of interests or Intent, If so which one and when?/how many?
mdmdmd123123123
Full Member
Could u describe some of ur features as applicant? Like clinical hours, medical experiences, research, URM etc. Thanks and congrats!Yep and thank you! I sent one letter of intent around early April
4.0/510wow an acceptance before April 30? What is your actual stats?
Sure and thank you! Clinical hours is 1000+ with mix of volunteering and clinical work (scribing, etc). Did research during undergrad also and have community service hours, all in NYC. I am ORMCould u describe some of ur features as applicant? Like clinical hours, medical experiences, research, URM etc. Thanks and congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
creativepanda
Full Member
Science gpa?4.0/510
Congrats future doctor!Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!! LM 71, instate.
For both cumulative and science gpa yepScience gpa?
Ppl w As when did you hear back
dude😆Do you think more will get off the waitlist today?
As of 1:00 PM EST I am still on the Alternate List 🙄
Same 🥲 praying for As this week
creativepanda
Full Member
Me too bro, what time does downstate usually send out As lolAs of 1:00 PM EST I am still on the Alternate List 🙄
I just think I have to get off SDN...
creativepanda
Full Member
StayI just think I have to get off SDN...
Withdrawing, hoping it goes to one of you... this was the weirdest interview of my life btw. It went on for 2 hours and my interviewer kept talking about Hamas.
creativepanda
Full Member
When were you accepted
creativepanda
Full Member
Were you accepted today?Withdrawing, hoping it goes to one of you... this was the weirdest interview of my life btw. It went on for 2 hours and my interviewer kept talking about Hamas.
Well folks... maybe another day
Wait what??? What does that have to do with anything….Withdrawing, hoping it goes to one of you... this was the weirdest interview of my life btw. It went on for 2 hours and my interviewer kept talking about Hamas.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This has to be the slowest post PTE cycle for Downstate yet unless nobody on SDN 😂
creativepanda
Full Member
Yeah it’s crazy bro wthThis has to be the slowest post PTE cycle for Downstate yet unless nobody on SDN 😂
Or the class really is full 😳Yeah it’s crazy bro wth
There should be some more movement this month. A lot of my buddies have been hearing back from SUNYs this week.
Seems like every other SUNY has been moving except here
🥲🥲🥲stay strong peeps i think there will be a lot of movement soon, maybe everything is delayed due to FAFSA changes + delayed CTE. has anyone else received net id?
Last edited:
No net id for me
creativepanda
Full Member
I called downstate today and asked. They said there will start to be a lot of fluidity since it’s past April 30, so lots of people will continue to get off the waitlist
Awesome!!I called downstate today and asked. They said there will start to be a lot of fluidity since it’s past April 30, so lots of people will continue to get off the waitlist
qwerty6789
New Member
A at 2pm today, LM 77.8, interviewed 11/30, AL 3/18, IS, not URM, 4+ years EMS experience, sent two LOI’s, one beginning of April another earlier this week, no net id, I did send in a handful or pre matriculation stuff
bless you for all the added info lmaooooo
frrrr
creativepanda
Full Member
What did you include in the second LOI ? Do you think it helpedA at 2pm today, LM 77.8, interviewed 11/30, AL 3/18, IS, not URM, 4+ years EMS experience, sent two LOI’s, one beginning of April another earlier this week, no net id, I did send in a handful or pre matriculation stuff
creativepanda
Full Member
Finally people know what we want to hear 😂bless you for all the added info lmaooooo
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was mid March and got an invite. Seems like last tour days are next week. I would email admissionsHas anyone who interviewed end of March gotten invited to tour? They said we would but I haven’t gotten an invite
rep_kestrel
Full Member
did you email them about the LOI or just uploaded it to the portal?A at 2pm today, LM 77.8, interviewed 11/30, AL 3/18, IS, not URM, 4+ years EMS experience, sent two LOI’s, one beginning of April another earlier this week, no net id, I did send in a handful or pre matriculation stuff
Is this interest or intent letter?did you email them about the LOI or just uploaded it to the portal?
creativepanda
Full Member
What did downstate respond to your letter?Is this interest or intent letter?