2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well that ruined my weekend. Did anyone go to the virtual chat today? Did they say something similar?

They have consistently said the opposite, they said there would be well over 100 people coming off the WL, maybe double lol so idk where the other info is coming from
 
They have consistently said the opposite, they said there would be well over 100 people coming off the WL, maybe double lol so idk where the other info is coming from
Yeah you’re right, I called the school of medicine and they said there will be movement so idk where that other person is getting the info
 
There should def be movement yeah. There is good movement historically according to previous sdn threads post May 1st.
 
I’ve read through previous threads (several times because I’m crazy) and on SDN, May As have generally been a trickle, so I think we’ll all be ok. Don’t lose hope!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just don’t understand why Downstate seemingly waitlists every single interviewee… making hundreds of us hold onto hope for months when they *must* have a narrower idea of who they’ll realistically get to. I’m grateful to not be rejected, and I also wish it meant more at this point. :/ Out of curiosity, does anyone know of other schools that also do this?
 
I just don’t understand why Downstate seemingly waitlists every single interviewee… making hundreds of us hold onto hope for months when they *must* have a narrower idea of who they’ll realistically get to. I’m grateful to not be rejected, and I also wish it meant more at this point. :/ Out of curiosity, does anyone know of other schools that also do this?
Right!! I don’t understand why they couldn’t at least reject the people they know they don’t want😭
 
I just don’t understand why Downstate seemingly waitlists every single interviewee… making hundreds of us hold onto hope for months when they *must* have a narrower idea of who they’ll realistically get to. I’m grateful to not be rejected, and I also wish it meant more at this point. :/ Out of curiosity, does anyone know of other schools that also do this?
I would honestly rather be rejected than strung along. Let me focus on my accepted, lower ranked school and find living/roommates instead of holding out hoping I get accepted here.