2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else hear at the Q and A session from the dean of admissions that he was aiming to send out decisions early this year; I remember him saying the range would be last week of December to the second week of January? I've been checking my email non stop these past few weeks lol
 
Did anyone else hear at the Q and A session from the dean of admissions that he was aiming to send out decisions early this year; I remember him saying the range would be last week of December to the second week of January? I've been checking my email non stop these past few weeks lol
I also remember this and have been doing the same lol
 
I haven’t attended the Q & A yet but I heard February from my interviewer and Valentine’s Day from this thread. Historically I think Downstate usually releases February to late January if it’s earlier according to previous threads.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven’t attended the Q & A yet but I heard February from my interviewer and Valentine’s Day from this thread. Historically I think Downstate usually releases February to late January if it’s earlier according to previous threads.
I also heard this from previous years but the dean of admissions said that they were aiming to send out decisions early this year, somewhere from late december to mid jan, but who knows maybe he pranked us
 
I also heard this from previous years but the dean of admissions said that they were aiming to send out decisions early this year, somewhere from late december to mid jan, but who knows maybe he pranked us
When I called the admissions office back in early december I was told feb, hopefully we will hear something soon! Giving us false hope would be a very interesting prank lmao.
 
Wondering if anyone has sent a letter of interest or letter of intent to Downstate yet? Too early or just wait for first round of decisions?
 
I got an IS II back in December, and the only date available was March 20. I'm now seeing people getting interview invites later and being able to book dates in February...should I be concerned lol
 
I got an IS II back in December, and the only date available was March 20. I'm now seeing people getting interview invites later and being able to book dates in February...should I be concerned lol
That happened to me for a different school. It could be that other people got acceptances to other schools and dropped their downstate interview so now there's earlier dates opened up and the people who got invited after you are getting lucky.
 
did anyone submit more than two individual letters of rec? I've heard nothing since being complete on 7/7 and wondering if submitting more than 2 was a red flag?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone submit more than two individual letters of rec? I've heard nothing since being complete on 7/7 and wondering if submitting more than 2 was a red flag?
I feel like someone else also asked this earlier in the thread. I didn’t see anywhere on the portal that hints at more than two recs is a red flag. Wouldn’t stress over this too much for now since it’s already been submitted better to just wait and see.
 
did anyone submit more than two individual letters of rec? I've heard nothing since being complete on 7/7 and wondering if submitting more than 2 was a red flag?
I did - I've been out of college for a while but did still have my professor LORs as well as 2 employer letters and 1 physician letter, since I didn't have a committee letter
 
did anyone submit more than two individual letters of rec? I've heard nothing since being complete on 7/7 and wondering if submitting more than 2 was a red flag?
I originally submitted two from instructors. During my interview, the interviewer suggested I upload another from the physician I worked closely with as an MA. My undergrad institution does not write committee letters.
 
in today's info session they made it sound like A have started rolling out or are about to (specifically said starting now). They hope to send out all As/Rs by Feb - didn't write down whether mid/end of Feb and if you hear no info you will most likely end up on the WL in April. If there is anything wrong with what I said, please let me know!
 
in today's info session they made it sound like A have started rolling out or are about to (specifically said starting now). They hope to send out all As/Rs by Feb - didn't write down whether mid/end of Feb and if you hear no info you will most likely end up on the WL in April. If there is anything wrong with what I said, please let me know!
bruh what about those of us interviewing in March 🙁
 
in today's info session they made it sound like A have started rolling out or are about to (specifically said starting now). They hope to send out all As/Rs by Feb - didn't write down whether mid/end of Feb and if you hear no info you will most likely end up on the WL in April. If there is anything wrong with what I said, please let me know!
unsure if you know the answer to this based off of today's info session...but are they still sending out IIs?
 
bruh what about those of us interviewing in March 🙁
I think historically (looking at past threads) march interviews have been for WL spots but don't quote me on this. Regardless, I do think there is a lot of WL movement according to what they said today
unsure if you know the answer to this based off of today's info session...but are they still sending out IIs?
I'm not sure sorry!
 
in today's info session they made it sound like A have started rolling out or are about to (specifically said starting now). They hope to send out all As/Rs by Feb - didn't write down whether mid/end of Feb and if you hear no info you will most likely end up on the WL in April. If there is anything wrong with what I said, please let me know!
Agreed only thing is they said at the end they haven't started releasing Regular Decision A's yet but will start this month. And I assumed that if you don't hear back early then it means they're still reviewing so could be WL or A.
 
I never received a secondary from them and just got an email today that my application was considered incomplete? I emailed admissions to let them know I never received a secondary and asked if I could receive one and they just responded with the deadline has passed??? Did anyone else have a similar experience?
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone, I have a quick question about the student interview session, was yours on facetime or just a regular phone call? Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A few days/weeks after you interview, you should receive an email regarding a COM Virtual Chat that is essentially a virtual information session/Q&A. It’s typically held the month after you interview (i.e. if you interview in January, your session will be held February)
thanks!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad