You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS Pre-II R, is it just me or was the rejection email a little out of touch?
"This is a disappointment, almost as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the applicant who is turned away."
"This is a disappointment, almost as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the applicant who is turned away."
Dont think it was out of touch think it was very kindOOS Pre-II R, is it just me or was the rejection email a little out of touch?
"This is a disappointment, almost as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the applicant who is turned away."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mcsteamy273
Full Member
+1OOS pre-ii R
Same, this was the nicest rejection email I’ve receivedDont think it was out of touch think it was very kind
Guess it was just me 😅Dont think it was out of touch think it was very kind
R after being on hold 🙁
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
OOS, pre-II R after being on hold previously
If they sent you an invite they for sure will let you interview I think but I feel like 03/07 was the last interview date, that’s why the sent the rejections out on 03/08. I’m just supposing but I could be wrong especially if people have invites for upcoming dateshave they been sending out post II R’s or do they wait until they’ve interviewed everyone first?
peanut_butter_cups
New Member
Does anyone know when they will get back to March interviewees? Do they have to reach out by March 15 or can they drag a decision out into early April.
at our interview I think they said 4-6 weeksDoes anyone know when they will get back to March interviewees? Do they have to reach out by March 15 or can they drag a decision out into early April.
They told me 4-6 weeks in my march interviewDoes anyone know when they will get back to March interviewees? Do they have to reach out by March 15 or can they drag a decision out into early April.
cribbage15
Full Member
they have said this at every interview but for most it has been over/well over 2 months to hear back. Not sure what that means for March interviewers tho. Hoping we all hear back soon!at our interview I think they said 4-6 weeks
Last edited:
sphino10x
Full Member
They told me 4-6 weeks in my march interview
Same in my interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TobiasRieper
New Member
Accepted today! Interviewed Jan 8th.
Good luck to everyone, wishing you the best!
Good luck to everyone, wishing you the best!
coolcat1800
Full Member
Does anyone know how full the class is already?
I got waitlisted here, but I have a letter of intent locked and loaded to send to my pre med program (they will either accept me or waitlist me in April) that I have a much higher chance of getting into. My parents really want me to go to Tulane if I get in, and I would go for sure if I got in, but I don’t know what I should do about risking it and sending a letter of interest to both Tulane and my home program as opposed to letter of full on intent to my home program. Thoughts lol
hopefulfuturemd!!
Full Member
IS A today !!
coolcat1800
Full Member
when was your interview?IS A today !!
aspiringmed23
Full Member
With letter of intents, you should only send one to your top program so if i were you I would decide where you want to go more and then send one to that school. with letter of interest, though, you can definitely send to both schools and reflect on the interview and what you love about the school (be specific) and that can definitely help your chances!I got waitlisted here, but I have a letter of intent locked and loaded to send to my pre med program (they will either accept me or waitlist me in April) that I have a much higher chance of getting into. My parents really want me to go to Tulane if I get in, and I would go for sure if I got in, but I don’t know what I should do about risking it and sending a letter of interest to both Tulane and my home program as opposed to letter of full on intent to my home program. Thoughts lol
congratulations!! change that username to futuremd!!IS A today !!
theres nothing that says i cant send a letter of interest and then a letter of intent after that right?With letter of intents, you should only send one to your top program so if i were you I would decide where you want to go more and then send one to that school. with letter of interest, though, you can definitely send to both schools and reflect on the interview and what you love about the school (be specific) and that can definitely help your chances!
aspiringmed23
Full Member
Not at all imo, you can definitely send letter of interests then intents but the only rule is to send one intenttheres nothing that says i cant send a letter of interest and then a letter of intent after that right?
hopefulfuturemd!!
Full Member
Dec 11when was your interview?
D
deleted1170884
Was anyone else rejected twice?
I received a pre-II rejection in February, not a hold.
I then received another pre-II rejection on Friday.
I received a pre-II rejection in February, not a hold.
I then received another pre-II rejection on Friday.
coolcat1800
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed been rejected yet?
cribbage15
Full Member
OOS A just now!! Interviewed 1/8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard that Tulane sold its medical center. Anyone know anything about this? where will students do rotations now?
I’m not sure about them selling it but I know the hospital right next to the school is basically just an ER now and the school is transferring into that building, rotations are still at the main hospital a short distance away in the same area as the VA center. That’s at least what they said at the second look day last week
I heard that Tulane sold its medical center. Anyone know anything about this? where will students do rotations now?
Yes they sold it to LCMC. The other comment is accurate. I asked about this in my interview and they said it won’t affect students. They still have numerous rotation sites in the area and outside.
coolcat1800
Full Member
Why do they only release some of the peoples decisions from the same interview day? It is killing me not knowing. Also will they just reject you if it's a no? Or do they wait until they fill the class.
The class is probably already filled and only releasing new acceptances as people drop their seats to go somewhere else.Why do they only release some of the peoples decisions from the same interview day? It is killing me not knowing. Also will they just reject you if it's a no? Or do they wait until they fill the class.
dotsquared
Full Member
Anyone hear about financial aid?
at my interview they said that everyone who interviews has an equal shot at getting accepted. i’m pretty sure they told us the class was not full.The class is probably already filled and only releasing new acceptances as people drop their seats to go somewhere else.
D
deleted1157211
Just withdrew my A! Best of luck to you all <3 This school is so amazing
coolcat1800
Full Member
When do they reject people post II's? I feel like no one has said anything about that
asclepius12
Full Member
OOS A this morning! Interviewed 1/24.
As soon as I can bring myself to write it I guessWhen are we sending updates/LOI's for my AR peeps?
OOS A today, interviewed 1/24!
coolcat1800
Full Member
OOS A Today interview 1/08
coolcat1800
Full Member
Is there a group chat or something to join for accepted students that are going?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TobiasRieper
New Member
Congratulations my friend, we interviewed on the same day! If you scroll up there is an unofficial WhatsApp group link. Also, you will receive an email for an official FB group soon I'm sure.Is there a group chat or something to join for accepted students that are going?
sphino10x
Full Member
OOS A Today interview 1/08
Congratulations! Hopefully the A’s from February interview will come out soon. [emoji120]
163 members on FB today …Official Tulane Univ School of Med..Is there a group chat or something to join for accepted students that are going?
190 total, it’s getting close
some are probably current students though right163 members on FB today …Official Tulane Univ School of Med..
190 total, it’s getting close
Last year on May 20 somebody posted around 200 on FB.. they end up with 269..some are probably current students though right