-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Current first year here! n = 1, but I know of someone last year who was put on hold that received an interview late in the cycle and ultimately an acceptance; however, they did have ties to the school (completed a master’s program) and area that I’m sure helpedHave anyone heard of people “on hold” getting II and even acceptances? I am wondering if this is common or if “on hold” is basically a soft R.
Last edited:
Thank you!!Current first year here! n = 1, but I know of someone last year who was put on hold that received an interview late in the cycle and ultimately an acceptance; however, they did have ties to the school (completed a master’s program) and area that I’m sure helped
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
burreanbito
Full Member
"Hold for Possible Interview" received today, 9/19. OOS under review 7/28.
OOS Hold, Under Review 8/18 🙁
OOS Hold, Under review 8/22. LM 74
hopefulapplicant!
Full Member
Ohh. I don't think anyone has any idea. People have been under review all over the place in terms of completion dates. I'd say just put Tulane in the back of your mind and if an interview comes then it'll come.
Under review yesterday ironically 🙂
Anyone still waiting to be under review? I was completed 8/3
Anyone still waiting to be under review? I was completed 8/3
I was complete on 8/11 and am still waiting to be under review.
futuredoc1924
Full Member
+1I was complete on 8/11 and am still waiting to be under review.
I was under review 7/19 and literally nothing yet- should I reach out?
Under review since the same day too 🙃I was under review 7/19 and literally nothing yet- should I reach out?
+1, complete 8/2Anyone still waiting to be under review? I was completed 8/3
+1 complete 8/5+1, complete 8/2
+1, complete 8/16+1 complete 8/5
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Metaldoc99
Full Member
I was under review 7/19 and literally nothing yet- should I reach out?
No, if they’re interested they will contact you. To me reaching out is a bad look and could come off as a lack of patience.
+1 Complete 7/26Anyone still waiting to be under review? I was completed 8/3
OOS Hold, complete 8/1
gr9bambino
Full Member
OOS R this morning, LM 71.7 complete 07/06, under review 07/28
Anyone under review 8/14 still waiting to hear anything??
yesAnyone under review 8/14 still waiting to hear anything??
premed155180
Full Member
Under review on 8/4 and haven't heard anything...
shortvanilla
Full Member
I was placed under review on 9/6. I will prob not hear back for a very long time, it seems haha
7/19 for meI was placed under review on 9/6. I will prob not hear back for a very long time, it seems haha
When were you complete? I'm not patient enough for the length of this cycle hahaIS II, LM 68, under review 8/4. Snagged a November date
Anyone have any insights on if ED acceptance notifications will come out on Friday (9/29) or the Monday (10/1)? I saw last year's came out on 9/30 as October 1 was a Saturday. Nerve wracking
I was thinking about emailing Mike Woodson to ask but don’t want to be annoying. Might still do it tho! Lol
Me :-(Anyone under review 8/14 still waiting to hear anything??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you decide to take one for the team keep us updated. I’m sure karma will reward you! 🙂I was thinking about emailing Mike Woodson to ask but don’t want to be annoying. Might still do it tho! Lol
Was complete 7/7…so I think they’re just not going to consider my applicationAnyone still waiting to be under review? I was completed 8/3
shortvanilla
Full Member
This makes me wonder if they have different criteria to screen for what applicants to put under reviewWas complete 7/7…so I think they’re just not going to consider my application
Yeah, there’s no point in submitting earlyThis makes me wonder if they have different criteria to screen for what applicants to put under review
D
deleted1124957
80% of their II go out in August, the saying goes, so you definitely need to submit early. You're not going to get an II to every school, still shoot your shot.Yeah, there’s no point in submitting early
I agree with @PoppyBobby here. I think submitting early is crucial, especially for Tulane, because they get tons of applications.80% of their II go out in August, the saying goes, so you definitely need to submit early. You're not going to get an II to every school, still shoot your shot.
For sure, but also if they like you, they like you. That’s why there are people who submitted first of July that are in silence and others who submitted in September with interviewsI agree with @PoppyBobby here. I think submitting early is crucial, especially for Tulane, because they get tons of applications.
Where do we go about finding the II statistics like that?80% of their II go out in August, the saying goes, so you definitely need to submit early. You're not going to get an II to every school, still shoot your shot.
Mind telling us what ur stats were like?"Hold for Possible Interview" received today, 9/19. OOS under review 7/28.
one_masterpiece
Full Member
Where does it say under review? Mine just says application is ready and I submitted a LONG time ago.
"ready" seems to mean your app is ready to give to someone to readWhere does it say under review? Mine just says application is ready and I submitted a LONG time ago.
"under review" seems to mean that they have it and are reading it
I feel like we're breaking a secret code sometimes because not all schools use the same lingo 🤔
Where does it say under review? Mine just says application is ready and I submitted a LONG time ago.
^ 🙂That part of the email is outdated. There is no correlation between the green check on our portal and being under review (as of a few years ago). They will explicitly tell you when you're under review via email
one_masterpiece
Full Member
oh well I still havent gotten under review email yet either yikes
OOS R, under review 7/19
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tbonecapone
Full Member
Sorry to hear it. What were your stats?OOS R, under review 7/19
Thanks- sad but on to the next. No state ties except to the South, but 514 MCAT 3.5~ GPA, LM 69Sorry to hear it. What were your stats?
hold earlier this morning, under review 8/15
AspiringDoctorTKD
Full Member
I got an email on 8/8 saying that my application is under review, but my portal still says "ready." Does anyone else have this issue?
premed155180
Full Member
I was under review on 8/4 and have the same thing. I'm pretty sure our "status" on the portal doesn't change whether we are "Under Review" or yet to be under review.I got an email on 8/8 saying that my application is under review, but my portal still says "ready." Does anyone else have this issue?