2023-2024 UC Irvine

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was recently added, but if everyone has it, then it might be a general thing? [emoji2370]

Complete mid-September, for reference
maybe…I was complete 7/20 and wasn’t looking for that change. But maybe it updated for everyone? Super interesting
 
anyone that applied a previous cycle know if it is the same portal? haven't gotten a secondary but I logged in just to see what showed up but it still shows my 2022 app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the agenda coming out 3 days before the interview day? My interview is scheduled for 10/23 but I can't find the agenda on the portal.
 
For those of you guys with the UCI Student ID, did you already receive an II? And did you activate the UCInetID via the "Status" tab on the portal?

I don't appear to have been assigned a UCI Student ID on my end. I'm wondering if it's because I haven't received an II or because I haven't activated the UCInetID.
 
For those of you guys with the UCI Student ID, did you already receive an II? And did you activate the UCInetID via the "Status" tab on the portal?

I don't appear to have been assigned a UCI Student ID on my end. I'm wondering if it's because I haven't received an II or because I haven't activated the UCInetID.

I have one without an II. You shouldn’t activate it until you’re accepted—I would read their instructions on the portal.

I think their system assigns everyone an ID once their app is complete, regardless of interview status. When did you submit yours?
 
I have one without an II. You shouldn’t activate it until you’re accepted—I would read their instructions on the portal.

I think their system assigns everyone an ID once their app is complete, regardless of interview status. When did you submit yours?
Thanks! That's what I figured with the instructions given, but wanted to make sure.

I was complete 8/6.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I assume I have been counted out with not even having received a secondary? I admit I've already emailed twice earlier in the cycle and all they said was they were still reviewing apps... but at this point it seems too late for a secondary. Any thoughts?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any II for the PRIME program been released?
I just got a rejection like an hour ago. SMFH lol

Email reads:

"Thank you for your application to UCI School of Medicine. Your application was reviewed by the Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community (PRIME-LC). Despite being a strong applicant. you were not selected for an interview with the PRIME-LC program.

Your application has now been moved to the main MD program for review. You will hear a final decision on your application in the coming months. Thank you for your patience during the review process!"

Does anyone know if PRIME-LC application is more selective than the regular MD pool?
 
Last edited:
I just got a rejection like an hour ago. SMFH lol

Email reads:

"Thank you for your application to UCI School of Medicine. Your application was reviewed by the Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community (PRIME-LC). Despite being a strong applicant. you were not selected for an interview with the PRIME-LC program.

Your application has now been moved to the main MD program for review. You will hear a final decision on your application in the coming months. Thank you for your patience during the review process!"

Does anyone if PRIME-LC application is more selective than the regular MD pool?
wait i thought that based on their website that they run you through the regular md pool first, this rejection email seems to state otherwise?

From website: "Successful applicants are first admitted to the regular medical school class. If an applicant is accepted into PRIME-LC, he or she can decide to participate in the regular class or the PRIME-LC program without any consequences."
 
wait i thought that based on their website that they run you through the regular md pool first, this rejection email seems to state otherwise?

From website: "Successful applicants are first admitted to the regular medical school class. If an applicant is accepted into PRIME-LC, he or she can decide to participate in the regular class or the PRIME-LC program without any consequences."
I thought the same exact thing. That's why I was kind of confused by the email. I thought they did UCI II's first and then did PRIME-LC IIs afterwards.
 
I received an interview for PRIME ABC and just had my interview today. The interview will be on the same day as the SOM interview just a longer day
Did you get a notification of a UCI II first/ PRIME ABC II/ or was it a combination II? How was the email phrased?
 
I had my MD/PRIME-LC interview yesterday and my interview invite was titled "UC Irvine School of Medicine: Interview Invitation / PRIME-LC" so it was a combination II.
 
I had my MD/PRIME-LC interview yesterday and my interview invite was titled "UC Irvine School of Medicine: Interview Invitation / PRIME-LC" so it was a combination II.
hmmm... i wonder if that means I passed the first phase of the main pool for MD II, but not the PRIME-LC invite? :thinking:

Definitely don't want to get my hopes up tho as it could not mean anything
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad