You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC Irvine
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
DoubleDubs
Full Member
Pre-II R | Completed 08/03 Rip my alma mater
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
Pre - II Rejection
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredocflo
Full Member
IS pre II R, honestly so bummed, amazing mission fit, very close ties complete 8/07
Last edited:
D
deleted1169077
Pre-II R just now. IS, complete 7/25. Best of luck to everyone!
Caveat mTOR
Full Member
IS Pre-II R just now. Complete 8/13.
Last edited:
same =(REJECTEDDDDDDD
OOS (strong ties) pre-II R. My dream school and was just about to send an update 🙁((
premed42568
Full Member
Pre-II rejection
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
samepre-interview R IS. I applied MSTP too but never heard from that. Guess they both rejected me? the email was so cold. like ok I got that you rejected me you dont have to say it twice
So I never got a secondary for UCI but I logged into my portal and there is a secondary available. Before, my portal would only show my application from last cycle, and there is nothing under Communication status, but I got the R email ?
habibijones
Full Member
Are you guys getting emails?
D
deleted1087189
Pre-II rejection complete 9/13
HAHA yes i love modern family😂 side note but is that cam?? Your profile picture is killing me 😂😂
+1 heard nothing from the MSTP at all.same
YupAre you guys getting emails?
pre-II R IS. So sad, LM74
habibijones
Full Member
I submitted 8/5 so just curious, haven't heard anything from them.
yupAre you guys getting emails?
Pre-II R, LM70 and complete mid July.
Dr. Ruby 2023
Full Member
+1 heard nothing from the MSTP at all.
confusing because I thought MSTP reviews us first and then if rejected we get sent to MD for consideration. That's what UCI told me when I inquired about it before I applied. It wouldve been nice if they had communicated something from MSTP.same
Dr. Ruby 2023
Full Member
pfffft. I got that too. then they rejected me again in the same email. Worst R, 🙁"you were a competitive applicant"...Clearly not competitive enough!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre II R, submitted Aug 10. LM 78.
This entire process continues to confound me. How do I get rejected here but get an interview at Penn? Will I get anymore interviews? Logic says yes if Penn gives me an interview but logic in this process makes no bleeping sense. Ah well.
This entire process continues to confound me. How do I get rejected here but get an interview at Penn? Will I get anymore interviews? Logic says yes if Penn gives me an interview but logic in this process makes no bleeping sense. Ah well.
Chocolate_Bunny_XO
Full Member
"you were a competitive applicant"...Clearly not competitive enough!
They didn’t even tell me I was competitive in mine [emoji88]
Dr. Ruby 2023
Full Member
Go read it again lol I def missed it the first time I read it.They didn’t even tell me I was competitive in mine [emoji88]
MedPotato946
New Member
Pre-II R, IS, LM69, it hurts😢
HopefulTiger
New Member
Pre-II Rejection here too. Completed on 9/21.
I am honestly surprised that they reviewed my application so fast (in a month) and rejected it so fast. Last year I got an interview from them and was waitlisted. UCI is definitely my dream school😭.
I am honestly surprised that they reviewed my application so fast (in a month) and rejected it so fast. Last year I got an interview from them and was waitlisted. UCI is definitely my dream school😭.
They didn’t even tell me I was competitive in mine [emoji88]
Same!! Mine dont say that lol damGo read it again lol I def missed it the first time I read it.
freefoodfriend
Full Member
Pre-II R, IS, URM, LM 66
D
deleted1124957
What does yours say??? This is the "competitive" one lol:Same!! Mine dont say that lol dam
Thank you for applying to the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. Regrettably we are not offering you a position in our medical school.
This year, we received over 7,000 applications for 114 first-year positions. You are a competitive applicant; however, you were not selected for a position by the Admissions Committee. This was a very difficult decision.
We sincerely hope you achieve your career goals and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
UC Irvine School of Medicine
What time did these emails go out? Were they all sent at once or should I keep refreshing my email? 😭
sparkle-jump-rope-queen
Full Member
Pre-II R, complete 9/11. Best of luck to everyone still standing after today's rejection wave lol
Chocolate_Bunny_XO
Full Member
What does yours say??? This is the "competitive" one lol:
Thank you for applying to the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. Regrettably we are not offering you a position in our medical school.
This year, we received over 7,000 applications for 114 first-year positions. You are a competitive applicant; however, you were not selected for a position by the Admissions Committee. This was a very difficult decision.
We sincerely hope you achieve your career goals and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
UC Irvine School of Medicine
OMG [emoji88] Here is mine:
Thank you for applying to the University of California Irvine, School of Medicine. Regrettably we are unable to offer you a position in our first year medical school class. The Admissions Committee evaluated your application along with those from over 7,000 other applicants. We had many qualified applicants but only 114 positions, therefore some very difficult decisions had to be made.
We sincerely hope you achieve your career goals and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
UC Irvine School of Medicine
Seriously? They have two versions?OMG [emoji88] Here is mine:
Thank you for applying to the University of California Irvine, School of Medicine. Regrettably we are unable to offer you a position in our first year medical school class. The Admissions Committee evaluated your application along with those from over 7,000 other applicants. We had many qualified applicants but only 114 positions, therefore some very difficult decisions had to be made.
We sincerely hope you achieve your career goals and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
UC Irvine School of Medicine
Chocolate_Bunny_XO
Full Member
Seriously? They have two versions?
They literally told me I suck
What does yours say??? This is the "competitive" one lol:
Thank you for applying to the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. Regrettably we are not offering you a position in our medical school.
This year, we received over 7,000 applications for 114 first-year positions. You are a competitive applicant; however, you were not selected for a position by the Admissions Committee. This was a very difficult decision.
We sincerely hope you achieve your career goals and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
UC Irvine School of Medicine
I guess you are one of the qualified applicants they are talking about in my email lmao
"Thank you for applying to the University of California Irvine, School of Medicine. Regrettably we are unable to offer you a position in our first year medical school class. The Admissions Committee evaluated your application along with those from over 7,000 other applicants. We had many qualified applicants but only 114 positions, therefore some very difficult decisions had to be made.
We sincerely hope you achieve your career goals and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
UC Irvine School of Medicine
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im right there with u lolThey literally told me I suck
Mistahman
Full Member
I wonder if the emails differed based off Pre-II R and Pre-Secondary RSeriously? They have two versions?
Oh great Q! Mine was pre-II R and included the “competitive” phrasing.I wonder if the emails differed based off Pre-II R and Pre-Secondary R
No way!They literally told me I suck
that would make sense, I never got a secondary, even though somehow I can see it now lolOh great Q! Mine was pre-II R and included the “competitive” phrasing.