2023-2024 Virginia

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Probably because UVA is slowly sending out IIs now. If he’s the only applicant with a specific complete date who got an II today, then the adcoms would know
As someone who's been transparent about my stats and dates in various threads, what's the risk associated with adcoms identifying me/my account? I'm just looking to help fellow applicants but I'd hate to hurt my own outcomes in the process
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As someone who's been transparent about my stats and dates in various threads, what's the risk associated with adcoms identifying me/my account? I'm just looking to help fellow applicants but I'd hate to hurt my own outcomes in the process
Yeah same, I don't really understand the fear unless you signed an NDA that you have broken by posting online
 
As someone who's been transparent about my stats and dates in various threads, what's the risk associated with adcoms identifying me/my account? I'm just looking to help fellow applicants but I'd hate to hurt my own outcomes in the process
I appreciate your openness about your app cycle (and other people do too!), but some other people may feel less comfortable about sharing. I just wanted to give an alternative perspective 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As future doctors, you guys should learn some more empathy
Agreed— Yeah we’re all worried, no matter the GPA and MCAT we have. We’re all just doing our best. The cycle is over when it’s over, don’t neglect your mental and physical health, and do everything you can to distract yourselves. When we all become doctors we can look back and laugh at how silly we seemed😂
 
I wasn't gaslighting. That was very insensitive the way confusedcurls responded to someone who may have good stats but had a question/worried about the cycle. If you don't know don't respond like that
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wasn't gonna say anything but it didn't sit well with me that confusedcurls said that and people liked his/her post. I myself know how worried I was before I got an acceptance and that dude is doing the best he/she can and is seeing if he/she has hope
 
I wasn't gonna say anything but it didn't sit well with me that confusedcurls said that and people liked his/her post. I myself know how worried I was before I got an acceptance and that dude is doing the best he/she can and is seeing if he/she has hope
Asking "I have high stats why don't I have an interview" comes off as very entitled, which is why I think people are reacting negatively
 
I wasn't gonna say anything but it didn't sit well with me that confusedcurls said that and people liked his/her post. I myself know how worried I was before I got an acceptance and that dude is doing the best he/she can and is seeing if he/she has hope
While i understand what you’re saying, i also think in general it’s frustrating on other people when someone posts the same “i haven’t heard yet, should i be worried” post on multiple threads right after one another. i remember i was like “omg there might be some movement at like 4 of the schools i applied to” just to read the same post over and over. i empathize with how hard it is to wait but i also think that the “copy and paste” posts are not good for anyone, reader or poster
 
While i understand what you’re saying, i also think in general it’s frustrating on other people when someone posts the same “i haven’t heard yet, should i be worried” post on multiple threads right after one another. i remember i was like “omg there might be some movement at like 4 of the schools i applied to” just to read the same post over and over. i empathize with how hard it is to wait but i also think that the “copy and paste” posts are not good for anyone, reader or poster
yes, this is why i responded the way i did. i wasn’t trying to come across as being mean or lacking empathy but the og poster lowkey spammed a bunch of threads with the same thing. coupled with listing their LM score in each one it came across to me as being almost tone deaf. if we’re gonna talk about being insensitive here then i think all parties should be considerate of that but to each their own ig

edit: also what i said wasn’t provocative, i literally just said the cycle isnt over till it’s over which in itself implies that there’s hope. some of yall are acting like i cursed OP out or something. anyway, gl to everyone i get that it’s a very stressful time
 
Last edited:
yes, this is why i responded the way i did. i wasn’t trying to come across as being mean or lacking empathy but the og poster lowkey spammed a bunch of threads with the same thing. coupled with listing their LM score in each one it came across to me as being almost tone deaf. if we’re gonna talk about being insensitive here then i think all parties should be considerate of that but to each their own ig

edit: also what i said wasn’t provocative, i literally just said the cycle isnt over till it’s over which in itself implies that there’s hope. some of yall are acting like i cursed OP out or something. anyway, gl to everyone i get that it’s a very stressful time

You’re fine my dude/dudette. Most of us had the same reaction as well. I didn’t like how someone tried to virtue signal and call you out so I had to say something. See ya on the flip side [emoji16]