2023-2024 Weill Cornell

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you consider good reason to? New job? or just publication ?
I think anything that adds to your application would be a good reason to write one. That could be a new job that enhances your scientific skills, a big award, or new publication. The Weill Cornell website has some guidance:
Send updates if something significant changes in your application (e.g. major award or publication). We are open to receiving substantive and occasional updates. Check your emails from us for other update instructions.
 
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the threads a lot recently. Can any of my scavenger buddies let me know the chances of an II at this point late in the cycle? Based on previous years' data plus any info gathered from their comms. Thanks y'all!*


*Also posted this in a couple of other threads.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got stress tested super hard idk if anyone else also got that - Just held my ground and I think it went okay
One of my interviewers was either stress testing me or just had very idiosyncratic methods, I'm not sure which. It was the weirdest interview experience I've had so far. And my other interviewer was one of the most pleasant, enjoyable interactions I've had so far. Maybe it was a good cop/bad cop routine lol. I came away with a very good impression of the school though. Besides the obvious opportunities, resources, and name recognition, the students were some of the happiest I've met and I like that they have a small class.
 
I got stress tested super hard idk if anyone else also got that - Just held my ground and I think it went okay
I heard from previous years that there's an interviewer who does that. My interviewers here were super pleasant and we just chatted about life and my experiences, but sounds like you did well! Now we all just wait til March I guess lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it frowned upon to email and ask status of our app?
Our interview season extends from September to February and interviews will be conducted remotely. Further information regarding the interview format will be forthcoming if you are selected for interview. We do not have rolling admissions and, if selected for interview, you may hear from us at any time during the interview period.

You may send us occasional, substantive application updates if appropriate. Please send any such updates to [email protected], attaching your update as a Word or PDF file with the file name in the following format: lastname_firstname_AAMC ID_ date. You will receive a confirmation email. Please do not include other queries or information in the email; questions should be directed to our main email address.

Please feel free to write with any questions that are unrelated to the status of your application.

Sincerely,

Weill Cornell Medicine
Medical College Office of Admissions
445 East 69th Street, Olin Hall 104
New York, NY 10021
 
Our interview season extends from September to February and interviews will be conducted remotely. Further information regarding the interview format will be forthcoming if you are selected for interview. We do not have rolling admissions and, if selected for interview, you may hear from us at any time during the interview period.

You may send us occasional, substantive application updates if appropriate. Please send any such updates to [email protected], attaching your update as a Word or PDF file with the file name in the following format: lastname_firstname_AAMC ID_ date. You will receive a confirmation email. Please do not include other queries or information in the email; questions should be directed to our main email address.

Please feel free to write with any questions that are unrelated to the status of your application.

Sincerely,

Weill Cornell Medicine
Medical College Office of Admissions
445 East 69th Street, Olin Hall 104
New York, NY 10021
Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad