You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Wright State (Boonshoft)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1174679
Me too! 🙁
happyfeet16
Full Member
as in... definitely after med school decisions would have to be made? dang.I had email their office at the end of January and they said that for scholarship purposes their committee meets at the end of April going into May. As to when they would send out with detailed financial aid packages, they did not say.
this doesn't quite make sense to me. given that finances are certainly a significant factor in many people's decisions, why would they not tell people before they have to choose (or not choose) where they want to attend?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1OOS Pre-II R!
I never had an interview invite, hence the pre-II Rwhen did you interview
Ahh yes —totally overlooked that —hope you get in to another school 🙏🏾I never had an interview invite, hence the pre-II R
MedisStress
Full Member
Does anyone happen to know more details about the closer look? Timing? What to expect from it?
Did you get a formal invite ?Does anyone happen to know more details about the closer look? Timing? What to expect from it?
2019lambt
Full Member
Unfortunately they did not give me an exact date but I presume they are most likely looking at people who select plan to enroll for scholarship opportunities? I was thinking of sending another email regarding this and will update.as in... definitely after med school decisions would have to be made? dang.
this doesn't quite make sense to me. given that finances are certainly a significant factor in many people's decisions, why would they not tell people before they have to choose (or not choose) where they want to attend?
Does anyone who got a invite to closer look have anymore information about it?
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
Does anyone have any new info on financial aid? When does it come out? How much in scholarships does Wright State normally give? Are there any full tuition scholarships? I saw on updated MSAR that 88% of students receive aid.
2019lambt
Full Member
I sent them an email a few days ago and got on a call yesterday regarding this. From what I heard, due to FAFSA issues this year, they are just now getting information and they said they hope to have financial aid packages out fairly soon. However, they said that there are very few scholarships for first year students and choose to give many more to the students they retain in years two through four. I would assume that 88% that you were talking about is probably skewed by the scholarships offered to the M2-M4 students. As to what scholarships (full tuition/half tuition/anything) they didn’t give me specifics, just that there’s not a lot for first years.Does anyone have any new info on financial aid? When does it come out? How much in scholarships does Wright State normally give? Are there any full tuition scholarships? I saw on updated MSAR that 88% of students receive aid.
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
Thank you!I sent them an email a few days ago and got on a call yesterday regarding this. From what I heard, due to FAFSA issues this year, they are just now getting information and they said they hope to have financial aid packages out fairly soon. However, they said that there are very few scholarships for first year students and choose to give many more to the students they retain in years two through four. I would assume that 88% that you were talking about is probably skewed by the scholarships offered to the M2-M4 students. As to what scholarships (full tuition/half tuition/anything) they didn’t give me specifics, just that there’s not a lot for first years.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
Also by “fairly soon” did they give a specific date?I sent them an email a few days ago and got on a call yesterday regarding this. From what I heard, due to FAFSA issues this year, they are just now getting information and they said they hope to have financial aid packages out fairly soon. However, they said that there are very few scholarships for first year students and choose to give many more to the students they retain in years two through four. I would assume that 88% that you were talking about is probably skewed by the scholarships offered to the M2-M4 students. As to what scholarships (full tuition/half tuition/anything) they didn’t give me specifics, just that there’s not a lot for first years.
2019lambt
Full Member
Nope. Just said they plan to have it out prior to having to select “plan to enroll”Also by “fairly soon” did they give a specific date?
hijabimed
Full Member
im gonna go and im on the WL, i think its nice to get an idea of the atmosphere given WL movement starts in may and there isn't another opportunity for it until orientationIs anyone else who’s on the AL going to second look day? I want to go but not sure if it’s weird going if I’m not accepted yet
im gonna go and im on the WL, i think its nice to get an idea of the atmosphere given WL movement starts in may and there isn't another opportunity for it until orientation
Okay yay, so am I and I don’t want to feel like the only one or awkward lol but you’re right it is so important to see the school
Do you have a itinerary for the day?
docinspace9
Full Member
Is everyone invited to closer look? Why does it say that you get fitted for your white coat at the bottom of the closer look page?
docinspace9
Full Member
I haven't seen one yet.Do you have a itinerary for the day?
Is everyone invited to closer look? Why does it say that you get fitted for your white coat at the bottom of the closer look page?
I believe those that are accepted and placed on the alternate list are invited
wait I didn't see that --it only ask what is my shirt sizeIs everyone invited to closer look? Why does it say that you get fitted for your white coat at the bottom of the closer look page?
wait I didn't see that --it only ask what is my shirt size
Did you get an email with the invite?
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
I spoke to current students. You definitely need a car to get to class, groceries, hospital, research etc. I think the only place where you don’t necessarily need one is if you’re in a major city like NYC.Will you guys lease or get a cheap somewhat reliable car ? Pro’s/Con
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
Should be in one of your emails from admissions! They sent a few with a bunch of information including the link to joinI got accepted but I never got a link for the FB group page- where do we find it?
When were you accepted ? Did they send you the itinerary for second look eventI got accepted but I never got a link for the FB group page- where do we find it?
Accepted in November, and no, I have called them but they didn’t call back yet. I am waiting for it tooWhen were you accepted ? Did they send you the itinerary for second look event
Last edited:
Cool 😎Accepted in November, and no, I have called them but they didn’t call back yet. I am waiting for it too
Withdrew App (OOS high WL). GL everyone!
Seen you everywhere on the forums, unreal cycle, good luck wherever you're headed!Withdrew App (OOS high WL). GL everyone!
Thank you very much!Seen you everywhere on the forums, unreal cycle, good luck wherever you're headed!
Last edited:
I called today and was told an email should be coming in a few days
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
Anybody heard about financial aid yet?
I called today and was told an email should be coming in a few days
The email with our WL tier?
I emailed them and they stated they did not know when financial aid awards would be released.Anybody heard about financial aid yet?
The email with our WL tier?
No, the closer look.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MedisStress
Full Member
I received the itinerary for the 2nd look today, I am waitlisted.
Did they tell you that you would likely be high on the list ? Can I ask what the hours of the event are ? I originally signed up for online only but depending on the hours I might change that .I received the itinerary for the 2nd look today, I am waitlisted.
Was it emailed? I haven’t received itI received the itinerary for the 2nd look today, I am waitlisted.