2023-2024 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I had email their office at the end of January and they said that for scholarship purposes their committee meets at the end of April going into May. As to when they would send out with detailed financial aid packages, they did not say.
as in... definitely after med school decisions would have to be made? dang.

this doesn't quite make sense to me. given that finances are certainly a significant factor in many people's decisions, why would they not tell people before they have to choose (or not choose) where they want to attend?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone happen to know more details about the closer look? Timing? What to expect from it?

as in... definitely after med school decisions would have to be made? dang.

this doesn't quite make sense to me. given that finances are certainly a significant factor in many people's decisions, why would they not tell people before they have to choose (or not choose) where they want to attend?
Unfortunately they did not give me an exact date but I presume they are most likely looking at people who select plan to enroll for scholarship opportunities? I was thinking of sending another email regarding this and will update.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone who got a invite to closer look have anymore information about it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any new info on financial aid? When does it come out? How much in scholarships does Wright State normally give? Are there any full tuition scholarships? I saw on updated MSAR that 88% of students receive aid.

Does anyone have any new info on financial aid? When does it come out? How much in scholarships does Wright State normally give? Are there any full tuition scholarships? I saw on updated MSAR that 88% of students receive aid.
I sent them an email a few days ago and got on a call yesterday regarding this. From what I heard, due to FAFSA issues this year, they are just now getting information and they said they hope to have financial aid packages out fairly soon. However, they said that there are very few scholarships for first year students and choose to give many more to the students they retain in years two through four. I would assume that 88% that you were talking about is probably skewed by the scholarships offered to the M2-M4 students. As to what scholarships (full tuition/half tuition/anything) they didn’t give me specifics, just that there’s not a lot for first years.

I sent them an email a few days ago and got on a call yesterday regarding this. From what I heard, due to FAFSA issues this year, they are just now getting information and they said they hope to have financial aid packages out fairly soon. However, they said that there are very few scholarships for first year students and choose to give many more to the students they retain in years two through four. I would assume that 88% that you were talking about is probably skewed by the scholarships offered to the M2-M4 students. As to what scholarships (full tuition/half tuition/anything) they didn’t give me specifics, just that there’s not a lot for first years.
Thank you!

Also by “fairly soon” did they give a specific date?

Is anyone else who’s on the AL going to second look day? I want to go but not sure if it’s weird going if I’m not accepted yet

Is anyone else who’s on the AL going to second look day? I want to go but not sure if it’s weird going if I’m not accepted yet
im gonna go and im on the WL, i think its nice to get an idea of the atmosphere given WL movement starts in may and there isn't another opportunity for it until orientation

im gonna go and im on the WL, i think its nice to get an idea of the atmosphere given WL movement starts in may and there isn't another opportunity for it until orientation

Okay yay, so am I and I don’t want to feel like the only one or awkward lol but you’re right it is so important to see the school

Is everyone invited to closer look? Why does it say that you get fitted for your white coat at the bottom of the closer look page?

Is everyone invited to closer look? Why does it say that you get fitted for your white coat at the bottom of the closer look page?

I believe those that are accepted and placed on the alternate list are invited

wait I didn't see that --it only ask what is my shirt size

Will you guys lease or get a cheap somewhat reliable car ? Pro’s/Con

Will you guys lease or get a cheap somewhat reliable car ? Pro’s/Con
I spoke to current students. You definitely need a car to get to class, groceries, hospital, research etc. I think the only place where you don’t necessarily need one is if you’re in a major city like NYC.

I got accepted but I never got a link for the FB group page- where do we find it?

I got accepted but I never got a link for the FB group page- where do we find it?
Should be in one of your emails from admissions! They sent a few with a bunch of information including the link to join

When were you accepted ? Did they send you the itinerary for second look event
Accepted in November, and no, I have called them but they didn’t call back yet. I am waiting for it too

Last edited:
  • Love
Did anyone get email of where their placement is on the waitlist

has anyone reached out to Admissions about second look or waitlist placement

Did anyone who rsvp’d for second look get a confirmation email or an itinerary?

I called today and was told an email should be coming in a few days

• Love
Just out of curiosity did anyone on the waitlist not get an invite to the closer look event ?

Last edited:
I received the itinerary for the 2nd look today, I am waitlisted.

I received the itinerary for the 2nd look today, I am waitlisted.
Did they tell you that you would likely be high on the list ? Can I ask what the hours of the event are ? I originally signed up for online only but depending on the hours I might change that .