You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Wright State (Boonshoft)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
Just so everyone has a general idea. The accepted FB group has 73 members (would say around 6 or 7 are admin/current students). That is about half the projected class, so I think there are a lot of A’s to go around still.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't attend last year and got in (top 1/3rd wl). If i'm not mistaken, last year they got through the middle third of the waitlist.How helpful do you guys think attending the closer look (in person) is for waitlisted students?
If you really want to attend boonshoft, a letter of intent here will be better than attending second-look.
Im pretty sure most seats have been filled already and also a decent portion of the waitlist, based on the number of students in our portal for the 2028 class. Theres always good WL movement closer to april/may.Just so everyone has a general idea. The accepted FB group has 73 members (would say around 6 or 7 are admin/current students). That is about half the projected class, so I think there are a lot of A’s to go around still.
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
How do you see those numbers?I didn't attend last year and got in (top 1/3rd wl). If i'm not mistaken, last year they got through the middle third of the waitlist.
If you really want to attend boonshoft, a letter of intent here will be better than attending second-look.
Im pretty sure most seats have been filled already and also a decent portion of the waitlist, based on the number of students in our portal for the 2028 class. Theres always good WL movement closer to april/may.
In our student portal we have a class directory including class of 2028How do you see those numbers?
has anyone who is IS gotten a II from other ohio schools but not from here?
brownsfan15
Full Member
yeshas anyone who is IS gotten a II from other ohio schools but not from here?
Smileydimples
Full Member
+1!OOS II today.
just now or at the same time as the other commenter?
Smileydimples
Full Member
just now or at the same time as the other commenter?
oh sorry at 10:50 am ET time
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
Is the interview with the admission officer open file or close —conversational or more situation based —anyone who has interviewed has any insight
Definitely an open file and conversational. I was asked questions about my family members, friends, and what field they are in.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sweet , how long did they take to give you a decisionDefinitely an open file and conversational. I was asked questions about my family members, friends, and what field they are in.
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
Sweet , how long did they take to give you a decision
Around 3 weeks.
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
Curious, what do you think wright state’s mission is? I’m an accepted student and still unsure lolFor sure open file and conversational, mine was so laid back and full of laughs the whole time. Definitely a pleasant experience! Just make sure to know the mission statement and know what you put on ur application!
Smileydimples
Full Member
Oops just realized I replied to the wrong group. 😂But wright state’s mission is on their websiteCurious, what do you think wright state’s mission is? I’m an accepted student and still unsure lol
Vision and Mission
We transform lives through our commitment to outstanding education, innovative research, community partnerships, and exemplary clinical care. We amplify diversity and belonging as we advance health in Ohio’s communities and beyond.
medicine.wright.edu
2019lambt
Full Member
I cannot answer exactly for this year but I know in a previous year there was someone I know who had a sub 500 MCAT (499) and got accepted off the waitlist. Granted that is an n=1. There is hope though!has anyone been accepted here sub 500 mcat?
I've got an interview date for mid-this month—very late in the game. Does this mean I will most likely not get accepted here, and they are sending out interviews as a formality?
I know a lot of acceptances have already been handed out, but there is a good chance that you would be interviewing for a waitlist spot which could always turn into an A. Good luck on your interview!I've got an interview date for mid-this month—very late in the game. Does this mean I will most likely not get accepted here, and they are sending out interviews as a formality?
I received an interview invite in mid-March last cycle, and I now go here 😂 just crush your interview!!!I've got an interview date for mid-this month—very late in the game. Does this mean I will most likely not get accepted here, and they are sending out interviews as a formality?
MedisStress
Full Member
Do you mind me asking if you were waitlisted initially?I received an interview invite in mid-March last cycle, and I now go here 😂 just crush your interview!!!
Any IIs left?
I was waitlisted initiallyDo you mind me asking if you were waitlisted initially?
MedisStress
Full Member
Thank you!I was waitlisted initially
How long did they take before you got removed from wait listI was waitlisted initially
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did they take before you got removed from wait list
I interviewed second week of February, was top third on WL and got in around third week of May
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
Does anyone know when Boonshoft releases financial aid decisions? Also any current students know if there are merit scholarships handed/ how generous they are with aid?
happytobehere!
New Member
Is anyone planning on going to the closer look event? Also is there any waitlist groupme to join lol
Did they announce a date for the second lookIs anyone planning on going to the closer look event? Also is there any waitlist groupme to join lol
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
Yeah it’s in an email they sentDid they announce a date for the second look
What date is itYeah it’s in an email they sent
What dateI am on the waitlist but it seems like some of us on the list got the invite for the event. I signed up to attend virtually .
420What date
D
deleted1181303
Withdrew A
Hard to say exactly, you could be in the middle third which has a solid chance of getting an invite. Last year they sent out applications in June to go to a 1 year grad school at Wright State with the promise that if you met some criteria you would accepted into their med schoolJust got an email saying I would be on the alternate list. Nothing else in the email indicated my position on the list. Interviewed 1/24/2024. IS Applicant, from Dayton.
I'm seeing some people are getting emails with rankings on the alternate list. Other comments from previous threads are saying that WSU breaks the AL into thirds.
Given that I didn't receive any indication of a ranking while others did, is it safe to assume that I'm in the bottom third and that I don't really have a shot at getting in later?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does this school do silent rejections? Haven't heard anything since August.
Ashton Brooke apartmentsWhere are some good suggest apartments to rent while attending BSOM that has all of the essential —in-house dryer washer —parking space —safe area and very close to campus ?
Any other similar styled places like Ashton that’s close by the school ?Ashton Brooke apartments
Ik their app complete email says that updates can be added after interviewing but considering I’ve heard nothing from them since august should I email admissions w a brief update expressing my continued interest? Are they still sending II?