You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
skydweller
Full Member
I mean they interview people until mid-April or so
PotatoBean
Full Member
Pretty wild way to run a school, I gotta say
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With all the negativity about this school people should just rescind their apps 👀
PotatoBean
Full Member
U first 🙈With all the negativity about this school people should just rescind their apps 👀
mcdonaldhashbrown
Full Member
Just did 🖐️ (I am lying)With all the negativity about this school people should just rescind their apps 👀
I'm hopeful this is the week we hear back!
TheHumanSlimjim
Full Member
Where did you upload the letter of intent toI did not call them but I did upload a letter of intent in january. I don't know if calling would really get anywhere...
PotatoBean
Full Member
Negative
Last edited:
hamchan
Full Member
I don't have anything either.i dont have anything listed under my application checklist, does it look like that for anyone else ?
proby20401
Full Member
If you go to document upload and click on the tab it will give you the option for application updates or LOI
+1I don't have anything either.
billytheworm
New Member
hate to be a pessimist, but with April 15 approaching and obvsly given that people should be narrowing to 3 schools and then 1 school by April 30.... isn't it likely that all the decisions prolly gunna be WLs and Rs now. downstate prolly already sent out their outright As but ofc not everyone comments on sdn
proby20401
Full Member
There's still only 30 ppl in the groupme but could be that other people just haven't joined yet or don't use it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hate to be a pessimist, but with April 15 approaching and obvsly given that people should be narrowing to 3 schools and then 1 school by April 30.... isn't it likely that all the decisions prolly gunna be WLs and Rs now. downstate prolly already sent out their outright As but ofc not everyone comments on sdn
Traffic rules are suggestions and the schools/applicants don’t have to abide by them unfortunately
nakedgangcc
Full Member
i dont know if someone mentioned it in this thread but on their website it says anyone who interviewed from "mid-January 2025 – April 2025 should expect a decision late Spring" Application Review | Admissions | College of Medicine | SUNY Downstate
as for what counts as late spring.. IDK
as for what counts as late spring.. IDK
i dont know if someone mentioned it in this thread but on their website it says anyone who interviewed from "mid-January 2025 – April 2025 should expect a decision late Spring" Application Review | Admissions | College of Medicine | SUNY Downstate
as for what counts as late spring.. IDK
First day of summer is June 20th so maybe May/June?
proby20401
Full Member
Bro what ab people who interviewed in 2024 LOL
Tangentially related... If it's this late into the cycle and we haven't done the FAFSA / NYS TAP (in state res) yet... do we just fill this out ASAP?
PotatoBean
Full Member
FAFSA opened in December, so yeahTangentially related... If it's this late into the cycle and we haven't done the FAFSA / NYS TAP (in state res) yet... do we just fill this out ASAP?
... so if I interviewed early November, am I probably cooked?i dont know if someone mentioned it in this thread but on their website it says anyone who interviewed from "mid-January 2025 – April 2025 should expect a decision late Spring" Application Review | Admissions | College of Medicine | SUNY Downstate
as for what counts as late spring.. IDK
waiting0425
Full Member
Interviewed mid October - no word.... so if I interviewed early November, am I probably cooked?
nakedgangcc
Full Member
oh wow...Bro what ab people who interviewed in 2024 LOL
no clue 🙁 sorry... so if I interviewed early November, am I probably cooked?
laxgirl123
Full Member
Is AL just now
D
deleted1206167
Alternate list just now... "Entering class is full."
snowflake_
always stressed
+1 IS AL
PotatoBean
Full Member
Portal updates, FYI
+1 IS AL, honestly glad to finally have heard something
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefullmd
Full Member
IS Alternate
BritaPitcher
Full Member
+1 IS alternate list
happypremed2001
Full Member
IS WL
PotatoBean
Full Member
Gotta love the attention to detail:
"...ernate List, for the 2022 entering class. I h..."
"...ernate List, for the 2022 entering class. I h..."
D
deleted1206167
Wait... so, as alternates, they still want us to complete the checklist? On one page it says we should and the other it says we shouldn't...
ucanthaveeverything
Full Member
Where are you guys seeing the updates? I haven't received one..
they sent an email saying there's an update on your portal.Where are you guys seeing the updates? I haven't received one..
hamchan
Full Member
I'm not completing what they said not to complete in the table of the checklistWait... so, as alternates, they still want us to complete the checklist? On one page it says we should and the other it says we shouldn't...
But Idk how to submit medical info (since that's something that alternates should complete)
lawnmower101
Full Member
interviewed 11/13There is nothing in my portal, can you state when you guys interviewed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hamchan
Full Member
Jan 15, ISThere is nothing in my portal, can you state when you guys interviewed?
D
deleted1206167
They will probably send an email with health form-related stuff soon. I think last year they did something similar to alternates.I'm not completing what they said not to complete in the table of the checklist
But Idk how to submit medical info (since that's something that alternates should complete)
Last edited by a moderator:
+1 IS AL, interviewed back in October. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but the form basically says if you have another school listed on AMCAS as CME at the end of April, you'll automatically be withdrawn from the waitlist? I thought that you could still remain on waitlists even after committing to enroll (for most other schools at least) l??
shearwaves
New Member
+1 IS AL and withdrawing, good luck y'all (interviewed 3/5)
TheHumanSlimjim
Full Member
At what time are people getting the AL emails