2024-2025 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In December, a school sent me an email congratulating me on acceptance. Shortly after they said "oops". These people don't care. We're applicant #XYZ to them
Sadly this is about right, I fear

There's no selection pressure on them to do better. A long line of medical hopefuls will be lined up regardless, into perpetuity
 
where are the instructions for submitting citizenship proof, and which health form cuz when u click on link it shows different ones for visiting students

Also wondering this

Edited: we upload passport or birth certificate into document section of portal
 
Last edited:
Just want to throw in my two cents for any hopefuls.. from previous Q&A sessions as well as individual talks I’ve had while on the tour, they look favorably on AL applicants that submit as many checklist items as possible. Apparently it shows “commitment” and will likely get you off the waitlist sooner rather than later. So for those who are serious about attending, I would get a start on them asap. Even the little things like sending in your transcript, background check, etc it will give you a higher ranking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last edited:
I believe they provide the forms through the medicat portal, which may be why they sent out the studentID info.

Here is the link to get to the portal: Immunization Requirements | Student Health Center | Student Services | SUNY Downstate

Edit: definitely misread this lol but lmk if the studentID thing does not give you access to the portal!
1743703737898.png

Donut haz these things
 
Anyone see this question added to the WL confirmation form? I feel like it wasnt there when I submitted and I dont see a way to edit.
In two or three sentences, please tell us why you are interested in attending our College of Medicine:
Lolol omg. That for sure was not there when I submitted

This just gets better and better. A comedy of errors
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone see this question added to the WL confirmation form? I feel like it wasnt there when I submitted and I dont see a way to edit.
In two or three sentences, please tell us why you are interested in attending our College of Medicine:
Nah it just said yes or no option, and commit signature well at least yesterday
 
Not sure if anyone is still waiting but I was just told next week is the last week they’re doing interviews.
 
ummm, kinda confused. got on the AL yesterday and got an email saying 'Thank you for choosing Downstate Health Sciences University for pursuing the MD degree studies!!
We are happy that you are joining Downstate!' and they gave me login information and my own Downstate email........

UH, i didnt confirm my AL slot yet... does this mean i was accepted?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ummm, kinda confused. got on the AL yesterday and got an email saying 'Thank you for choosing Downstate Health Sciences University for pursuing the MD degree studies!!
We are happy that you are joining Downstate!' and they gave me login information and my own Downstate email........

UH, i didnt confirm my AL slot yet... does this mean i was accepted?
No those go to me
 
ummm, kinda confused. got on the AL yesterday and got an email saying 'Thank you for choosing Downstate Health Sciences University for pursuing the MD degree studies!!
We are happy that you are joining Downstate!' and they gave me login information and my own Downstate email........

UH, i didnt confirm my AL slot yet... does this mean i was accepted?
so.... turns out i was accepted? lmao
 
from the information session today for interviewees, they said the downstate email is to look at the financial aid package for the future
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad