-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PotatoBean
Full Member
Love the chaotic energy of an IT email at 9pm EST on a Friday. Brutal
Well, during the info session I attended, they said they interview around 900-950, then accept 450, including from AL, to fill their incoming class. Assuming a class size of 200 acceptances was already given, everyone else got an AL, and everyone who got an AL do not withdraw, then it would be roughly 56% (250/450) since there would need to be 250 more acceptances given out to ALs. But, of course, this is just a guess...
Just adding onto this — They have a 43% yield (according to director). If they’ve accepted 200 people and their yield is 43% that’s 86 people. They’ll need to accept around *265 more people off AL* (~114 people who matriculate) to make a class of 200.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happypremed2001
Full Member
I’m on the AL and I didn’t get it+1 netID email, good sign potential? Or everyone on AL gets it?
D
deleted1205778
i think they might just be sending out in batches— got mine earlier this eveningI’m on the AL and I didn’t get it
ErenYeagerLovesTrees
Full Member
InshaAllah all of us here get in!
D
deleted1205778
has anyone’s checklist updated after sending their transcript?
nakedgangcc
Full Member
Did you fill out your FAFSA?I’m on the AL and I didn’t get it
nakedgangcc
Full Member
Have to subtract maybe like 30 for their other admittance program m, like their bridges and bs/md program, but yeah that sounds rightJust adding onto this — They have a 43% yield (according to director). If they’ve accepted 200 people and their yield is 43% that’s 86 people. They’ll need to accept around *265 more people off AL* (~114 people who matriculate) to make a class of 200.
lawnmower101
Full Member
did anyone just get a duplicate netID email? had one last night too
snowflake_
always stressed
yeah me too just nowdid anyone just get a duplicate netID email? had one last night too
laxgirl123
Full Member
I diddid anyone just get a duplicate netID email? had one last night too
PotatoBean
Full Member
This school continues to wowdid anyone just get a duplicate netID email? had one last night too
lawnmower101
Full Member
damn rlly thought i was special😭😭
BiochemMedStudent1
New Member
Gave me an actual heart palpitation opening up my email. Thought I was accepted so quick [emoji88] but nope, just a second email of reminding where I am on their list
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pandaloverxoxo
New Member
hi fellow alternate list people, for the BLS certification on the pre matric checklist, are you paying the 90$ fee for the course though AHA? I clicked on the gearupwithcpr link as well, but I didn't see the 'Basic Life Support (BLS) for SUNY Downstate STUDENTS' option...
PotatoBean
Full Member
Then you're already certifiedWhat if we are already certified?
D
deleted1204779
1. wasnt sure if alternate list people have to do the BLS, and if we do, how do we submit it? Do we upload a BLS card/license on the document upload?
2. for those of you who uploaded USA citizenship and sent a transcript, did you see the green checkmarks in your checklist? (mine is still red..)
2. for those of you who uploaded USA citizenship and sent a transcript, did you see the green checkmarks in your checklist? (mine is still red..)
hi fellow alternate list people, for the BLS certification on the pre matric checklist, are you paying the 90$ fee for the course though AHA? I clicked on the gearupwithcpr link as well, but I didn't see the 'Basic Life Support (BLS) for SUNY Downstate STUDENTS' option...
I couldn’t find the gear up one either but I think this is the thing on the checklist I’m not going to do. I don’t want to pay $90 and get rejected. Everything else is free so…
pandaloverxoxo
New Member
are you guys doing the checklist items that say "if accepted to medicine"?
like someone else mentioned earlier, their instructions seem kinda contradictory because at the top they write that alternates should complete ALL items
like someone else mentioned earlier, their instructions seem kinda contradictory because at the top they write that alternates should complete ALL items
hanginginthere!
Full Member
I’m on the AL and still haven’t gotten a netID, is anyone else also in that boat?
pandaloverxoxo
New Member
I got my netID email after the initial big wave of them that people posted about here (even though I got my AL email at the same time as them), not sure if that's helpful!I’m on the AL and still haven’t gotten a netID, is anyone else also in that boat?
hopefullmd
Full Member
Are you guys submitting the transcripts through parchment? I went on the website but it only shows me how to send high school transcripts.
PursuingMedicine
New Member
Are you guys submitting the transcripts through parchment? I went on the website but it only shows me how to send high school transcripts.
I used Clearinghouse and parchment.
ErenYeagerLovesTrees
Full Member
For those on the Alternate List, we are not required to complete the Certiphi CBC, right?
PotatoBean
Full Member
Certiphi is run by a separate company once the school requests it. There's not much you need to, or can, doFor those on the Alternate List, we are not required to complete the Certiphi CBC, right?
Once the school decides to run it you'll typically sign off on a waiver thing and then you get a report later on. It's all pretty automatic
imperiosobayleaf
Full Member
i reached out to the help email and they confirmed it was an acceptance. idk at this point.you received an acceptance email? Just wondering, because I got that same email, but am AL.
TheHumanSlimjim
Full Member
What does it show up as on the choose your medical school tooli reached out to the help email and they confirmed it was an acceptance. idk at this point.
I too got the netID email and it shows up as Alternate list in the CYMS tool.What does it show up as on the choose your medical school tool
They confirmed this via email? They said a net id email is an acceptance?i reached out to the help email and they confirmed it was an acceptance. idk at this point.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The netID email i received stated pretty clearly that i was on the alternate list and my CYMS says AL as well
applecrisps
Full Member
How do you access the CYMS?The netID email i received stated pretty clearly that i was on the alternate list and my CYMS says AL as well
you can access through AMCAS. there is a link to it within the portal for the applicationHow do you access the CYMS?
hanginginthere!
Full Member
No shade but did anyone receive an explanation/figure out why their match rate was so bad this year? I’m confused because Downstate usually does amazingly in the match. The students that did match are going to great programs but 85% match rate means around 30 students didn’t match which is pretty crazy.
ErenYeagerLovesTrees
Full Member
Damn that’s alarming 😦No shade but did anyone receive an explanation/figure out why their match rate was so bad this year? I’m confused because Downstate usually does amazingly in the match. The students that did match are going to great programs but 85% match rate means around 30 students didn’t match which is pretty crazy.
ErenYeagerLovesTrees
Full Member
You’re on AL? I recommend contact them. Unless other people still haven’t received their netID. I was under the impression all AL received their netID by nowWhat steps can I start off I don’t have a netID still? This checklist confuses me so much
PotatoBean
Full Member
Almost all of them don't require a netID, tbhWhat steps can I start off I don’t have a netID still? This checklist confuses me so much
sirpaulydy
Full Member
OOS pre-II R
R was apart of the interview interest group
hanginginthere!
Full Member
I also didn’t get mine and admissions told me to reach out to the IT help desk. They got the ID to me within a dayWhat steps can I start off I don’t have a netID still? This checklist confuses me so much
moooink
Full Member
Thanks! just did this. is the health clearance all we need the netID for?I also didn’t get mine and admissions told me to reach out to the IT help desk. They got the ID to me within a day
ErenYeagerLovesTrees
Full Member
Believe so. For medicatThanks! just did this. is the health clearance all we need the netID for?
nakedgangcc
Full Member
Does it make sense to send an intent letter before my decision gets released? i interviewed last week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flyqueen
Full Member
Alternate list here.
When did u interview ?
i sent one before i got a decision and was put on alternate list so take that as you will hahaDoes it make sense to send an intent letter before my decision gets released? i interviewed last week
ErenYeagerLovesTrees
Full Member
When can we realistically expect movement? Supposedly between May-August they will start pulling people off the Alternate list.
applecrisps
Full Member
I think after April 15th because that’s when they remove people with more than one acceptances, if I’m not mistaken?When can we realistically expect movement? Supposedly between May-August they will start pulling people off the Alternate list.