-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
IS II on January, interviewed scheduled and completed in March, placed on alternate on April 10th.Has anyone who interviewed in January or later been accepted, or has everyone who interviewed in 2025 been placed on the alternate?
D
deleted1215947
Accepted off the AL today. Interviewed March, ORM, NY resident, LM score 71. Postbac student, which is why I interviewed late.
Hope that information is helpful.
Hope that information is helpful.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats. I also interviewed in March, waitlisted on 4/10. I hope to hear good news from them.Accepted off the AL today. Interviewed March, ORM, NY resident, LM score 71. Postbac student, which is why I interviewed late.
Hope that information is helpful.
Did you send letter of update/intent to them? or complete anything on premat checklist?
hopefullmd
Full Member
Does Downstate only sends acceptances in the morning or can it be any time throughout the day?
D
deleted1215947
I was waitlisted in April, so I did not send a letter of intent. I slowly completed the checklist items that didn't require a payment.congrats. I also interviewed in March, waitlisted on 4/10. I hope to hear good news from them.
Did you send letter of update/intent to them? or complete anything on premat checklist?
has anyone had items marked as complete on the checklist? i submitted citizenship/transcripts prety soon after i got the AL but they havent been marked as complete yet
D
deleted1205778
it took them like a week and a half to update my transcript checklist . they haven’t updated my citizenship eitherhas anyone had items marked as complete on the checklist? i submitted citizenship/transcripts prety soon after i got the AL but they havent been marked as complete yet
FlyingEgg109
New Member
Anyone who interviewed late March heard back yet about being waitlisted?
PotatoBean
Full Member
Couple of posts above yours, in factAnyone who interviewed late March heard back yet about being waitlisted?
There's like a button saying "upload document" on the left side of portal.Where did you guys submit your proof of citizenship information to? A link or in the additional documents?
FlyingEgg109
New Member
Has anyone who interviewed in the past month not been waitlisted yet? I notice that on previous cycles they stopped waitlisting around this time.
TheHumanSlimjim
Full Member
where did you see that they stopped waitlisting at this time?Has anyone who interviewed in the past month not been waitlisted yet? I notice that on previous cycles they stopped waitlisting around this time.
usagimd
Full Member
Probably CycleTrackwhere did you see that they stopped waitlisting at this time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
usagimd
Full Member
I interviewed in early April and haven't heard anything yet ),:Has anyone who interviewed in the past month not been waitlisted yet? I notice that on previous cycles they stopped waitlisting around this time.
orgoforever
Full Member
did anyone have their health clearance verified?
maddyrawr13
Full Member
How are we doing all of the bloodwork required? I haven’t gotten most of those tests.
PotatoBean
Full Member
You go to the doctor you say "I need this bloodwork"How are we doing all of the bloodwork required? I haven’t gotten most of those tests.
After several incantations and various legal documents they demand a copay and hand you some paperwork
medicalapplicat
New Member
For students that are on the AL, can we see financial aid predictions or anything like that, I dont know how AL normally works but I would love to have some "financial aid if you are accepted" thing since they have had my FAFSA for so long?
PotatoBean
Full Member
You won't be given a financial aid package until, or unless, you're offered an acceptance as they won't process it for students that haven't been acceptedFor students that are on the AL, can we see financial aid predictions or anything like that, I dont know how AL normally works but I would love to have some "financial aid if you are accepted" thing since they have had my FAFSA for so long?
You can look up cost-of-attendance and average graduating debt online, though, to get a ballpark estimate
nakedgangcc
Full Member
I was told differently in my q&a session. They said that if you have a net ID that you should be able to see ur financial aid package if accepted. I'm not on AL (yet) nor do I have a net ID so idkkkkYou won't be given a financial aid package until, or unless, you're offered an acceptance as they won't process it for students that haven't been accepted
You can look up cost-of-attendance and average graduating debt online, though, to get a ballpark estimate
PotatoBean
Full Member
If accepted, yeah. That sounds about the same as above, no?I was told differently in my q&a session. They said that if you have a net ID that you should be able to see ur financial aid package if accepted. I'm not on AL (yet) nor do I have a net ID so idkkkk
At the very least can report that, being on the WL, no specific financial aid has been offered and for all other schools it's been the same: fin aid packages come after offers of admission.
Per the Downstate website:
"You must be officially admitted and matriculated...(non-matriculated students are not eligible) to be eligible for financial aid."
Last edited:
nakedgangcc
Full Member
I meant that they provide financial aid predictions/information as if you have an acceptance but not actually. This info was relayed to me by the admissions coordinator or director (I can't remember) during the optional Q&A after my interview, so idk! It was an explanation for why people on AL where given a netID.If accepted, yeah. That sounds about the same as above, no?
At the very least can report that, being on the WL, no specific financial aid has been offered and for all other schools it's been the same: fin aid packages come after offers of admission.
Per the Downstate website:
"You must be officially admitted and matriculated...(non-matriculated students are not eligible) to be eligible for financial aid."
sashacolbystannnnnn
Full Member
Just looking for advice I guess. I was lucky to receive and complete a late March interview after uploading a Pre-Interview "Continued Interest" letter to my portal. This is the only school I had a chance at interviewing at so I basically wrote my letter as not only a continued interest, but also kind of like a letter of intent as to why this was my top choice of school confirming I would 100% attend if given the chance to interview/be accepted. I haven't heard anything post interview (I've been seeing other March interviewees being placed on the AL) and I was wondering if I should upload an additional letter of intent? I didn't initially because I didn't want to be redundant to my other letter, but during the last info session in April they made it seem like they would consider all letters uploaded at this point in support of your application. Anybody upload multiple letters? There aren't any significant updates to my application or anything, I guess I was thinking of uploading something re-iterating intent/thanking my interviewer and the committee for considering my application.
Is uploading another letter overkill/annoying?
Thanks!
Is uploading another letter overkill/annoying?
Thanks!
Almost anything that anyone tells you definitively is just speculation. But with that, I think it might or might not help but cannot hurt. They shouldn’t knock you for showing interest- it just might not be enough to slide under the gate depending on the applicant pool. Wish you the best!Just looking for advice I guess. I was lucky to receive and complete a late March interview after uploading a Pre-Interview "Continued Interest" letter to my portal. This is the only school I had a chance at interviewing at so I basically wrote my letter as not only a continued interest, but also kind of like a letter of intent as to why this was my top choice of school confirming I would 100% attend if given the chance to interview/be accepted. I haven't heard anything post interview (I've been seeing other March interviewees being placed on the AL) and I was wondering if I should upload an additional letter of intent? I didn't initially because I didn't want to be redundant to my other letter, but during the last info session in April they made it seem like they would consider all letters uploaded at this point in support of your application. Anybody upload multiple letters? There aren't any significant updates to my application or anything, I guess I was thinking of uploading something re-iterating intent/thanking my interviewer and the committee for considering my application.
Is uploading another letter overkill/annoying?
Thanks!
I uploaded another letter of intent after being put on the alternate list. FWIW, i haven't heard anything back but i dont think it hurts. I won't upload a third letter tho since i think that is geting to be overkill and i dont really know what else i would say at that point lolJust looking for advice I guess. I was lucky to receive and complete a late March interview after uploading a Pre-Interview "Continued Interest" letter to my portal. This is the only school I had a chance at interviewing at so I basically wrote my letter as not only a continued interest, but also kind of like a letter of intent as to why this was my top choice of school confirming I would 100% attend if given the chance to interview/be accepted. I haven't heard anything post interview (I've been seeing other March interviewees being placed on the AL) and I was wondering if I should upload an additional letter of intent? I didn't initially because I didn't want to be redundant to my other letter, but during the last info session in April they made it seem like they would consider all letters uploaded at this point in support of your application. Anybody upload multiple letters? There aren't any significant updates to my application or anything, I guess I was thinking of uploading something re-iterating intent/thanking my interviewer and the committee for considering my application.
Is uploading another letter overkill/annoying?
Thanks!
sashacolbystannnnnn
Full Member
Thanks!Almost anything that anyone tells you definitively is just speculation. But with that, I think it might or might not help but cannot hurt. They shouldn’t knock you for showing interest- it just might not be enough to slide under the gate depending on the applicant pool. Wish you the best!
sashacolbystannnnnn
Full Member
That makes sense. Did you upload a thank you? I voiced my appreciation very clearly at the end of my faculty interview and so I didn't upload one right after. Might include something addressing my thanks if I upload this additional letterI uploaded another letter of intent after being put on the alternate list. FWIW, i haven't heard anything back but i dont think it hurts. I won't upload a third letter tho since i think that is geting to be overkill and i dont really know what else i would say at that point lol
yellowmountain
Full Member
Is there a way to start the medicat and medical process if we haven't received a decision yet? Thank you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Only if you received a Net ID. Otherwise you won’t be able to log onto the portalIs there a way to start the medicat and medical process if we haven't received a decision yet? Thank you
yellowmountain
Full Member
Thank you so much, also what kind of forms do they ask for just to get ready?Only if you received a Net ID. Otherwise you won’t be able to log onto the portal
Here's the checklist. The meningitis response form is you basically responding either "yes, I've been vaccinated in the past 5 years" or "no, I will not be getting vaccinated."Thank you so much, also what kind of forms do they ask for just to get ready?
FORMS TO BE COMPLETED
☐ History and Physical Examination Form – completed by student
☐ Physician’s Form – completed by physician
☐ Authorization to Release Medical Information Form – completed and signed by student
☐ Meningitis Vaccination Response Form – completed and signed by student
IMMUNIZATION RECORDS & LAB RESULTS
Provide official immunization records and lab slips.
☐ Quantiferon – provide documentation of results. If results are positive, provide an official radiologist report of chest X-Ray (must be within 5 years).
☐ Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella – provide documentation of vaccination administration AND results of titers. Titers must be numerical values.
☐ TD or Tdap – provide vaccination documentation (must be within 10 years).
☐ Flu – provide vaccination documentation of current season (documentation must include lot number andexpiration date).
☐ Hepatitis B – provide vaccination documentation of the Heplisav 2-dose or Engerix 3-dose series.
☐ Hepatitis B Surface Ab Quantitative (HBs) Titer – provide documentation which includes numerical values.
☐ Hepatitis B Core (Hbc) Ab Titer – provide documentation of test results.
☐ Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Titer – provide documentation of test results.
☐ Hepatitis C Ab – provide documentation of results. If results are positive, provide documentation of GIclearance.
☐ COVID – provide vaccination documentation.
☐ Meningitis – provide vaccination documentation (must be within the past 5 years).
☐ Polio – provide vaccination documentation if available.
TheHumanSlimjim
Full Member
Anyone else still heard nothing so far?
Nada. I finished BLS and health clearance done, as well as letter of intention and update. Hopefully this does me a favor....Anyone else still heard nothing so far?
IS suny downstate wait list ranked?
TheHumanSlimjim
Full Member
I'm saying nothing post II, not even AL. Is this basically a soft R atp?Nada. I finished BLS and health clearance done, as well as letter of intention and update. Hopefully this does me a favor....
IS suny downstate wait list ranked?
overnightoats007
Full Member
Was your health clearance checked off in the checklist?Nada. I finished BLS and health clearance done, as well as letter of intention and update. Hopefully this does me a favor....
IS suny downstate wait list ranked?
I completed the health clearance, sent transcripts, and uploaded proof of citizenship and nothing has been checked off the list for me lol
PotatoBean
Full Member
Couple weeks or soFor those who have already submitted their transcript and proof of citizenship, how long did it take for those items to be marked off the checklist?
hopefullmd
Full Member
I'm aware no one knows for certain, but when can expect heavy waitlist movement to begin?
PotatoBean
Full Member
Throughout May and JuneI'm aware no one knows for certain, but when can expect heavy waitlist movement to begin?
overnightoats007
Full Member
probs after the 30thI'm aware no one knows for certain, but when can expect heavy waitlist movement to begin?
Agreed re: WL movement May and June, and from what I’ve heard from a number of current students and graduates, even into July
Remember the AAMC traffic rules force us to whittle down to one allopathic acceptance as of April 30 but after that some people with waitlist movement at other schools will inevitably withdraw from Downstate into the summer.
Remember the AAMC traffic rules force us to whittle down to one allopathic acceptance as of April 30 but after that some people with waitlist movement at other schools will inevitably withdraw from Downstate into the summer.
Withdrew my A , good luck crew
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ErenYeagerLovesTrees
Full Member
I got rejected from all other places I applied. Idk if I should start the new AMCAS application since im on the ALThroughout May and June
Last edited:
nakedgangcc
Full Member
Just received the AL email. Interviewed early April
+1Just received the AL email. Interviewed early April
D
deleted1204779
if u sent ur official transcript through parchment, does it show a green check mark on the portal for any of you? mine says "verified" but still red incomplete mark.