2024-2025 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently on a post interview Q&A in admissions. The admissions officer said they are deciding to render final post II decisions starting this week till April. So IDK what that means if they are releasing them, or deciding and waiting till February to release (didn't seem like the ladder though). Also admissions officer said update letters and LOI are strategic. Update letter good for after January. LOI in February. Seemingly 1 big bulk review per month. We will know by April if WL, R, or A. Per admissions officer.
 
No acceptances yet as far as I know. The Q&A session said they wouldn’t start sending out acceptances until this week. So for people who interviewed August - October likely will hear back pretty soon.
 
No acceptances yet as far as I know. The Q&A session said they wouldn’t start sending out acceptances until this week. So for people who interviewed August - October likely will hear back pretty soon.
wait so is it confirmed that they're sending out decisions this week?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone been to the on campus tour and can provide any insight in it? im assuming its casual?
Tour was great. One of the guides was in a sweatshirt and sweatpants (granted they just finished exams and needed a break lol). As far as how to dress, casual to business casual, some people showed up in jeans. Just make sure to dress for the weather. Like the previous response, the tour guides were a great resource for questions, and there are no bad questions.
 
Is this school releasing their decisions in February? I thought I heard them say mid December in the info session ?
 
Have there been any IIs recently? Any insight on where this school is in the process? Almost done or just more than halfway?
In the information session they said that they are about to start releasing the first set of decisions in an effort to release decisions earlier than they did in previous years. They also mentioned that they generally interview until March so I wouldn't give up hope yet
 
In the information session they said that they are about to start releasing the first set of decisions in an effort to release decisions earlier than they did in previous years. They also mentioned that they generally interview until March so I wouldn't give up hope yet
Oh ok sounds good, did they mention if they would release before the end of the year?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stupid question, for those of you that received As, how does accepting the offer and paying the deposit work? I see one deadline of 14 days from the offer letter and another in April. Just curious how this works if you accept the offer and then if later, you get another acceptance, you decide to go to another school? And what is each deadline for? Clearly, I have never done this before
 
Stupid question, for those of you that received As, how does accepting the offer and paying the deposit work? I see one deadline of 14 days from the offer letter and another in April. Just curious how this works if you accept the offer and then if later, you get another acceptance, you decide to go to another school? And what is each deadline for? Clearly, I have never done this before
u can accept as many offers as you want, but according to the aamc, u have to narrow down ur choices to 3 by april 15th, and then to 1 by april 30th.

Downstate is chill in that they only have u pay the deposit after apr 15th so to accept their offer, you just have to answer the Offer Response tab in your portal and email downstate abt ur decision to accept.
 
u can accept as many offers as you want, but according to the aamc, u have to narrow down ur choices to 3 by april 15th, and then to 1 by april 30th.

Downstate is chill in that they only have u pay the deposit after apr 15th so to accept their offer, you just have to answer the Offer Response tab in your portal and email downstate abt ur decision to accept.
I was so excited that I didn’t even realize I had to email as well. Thank you for this comment! 😭🫡
 
u can accept as many offers as you want, but according to the aamc, u have to narrow down ur choices to 3 by april 15th, and then to 1 by april 30th.

Downstate is chill in that they only have u pay the deposit after apr 15th so to accept their offer, you just have to answer the Offer Response tab in your portal and email downstate abt ur decision to accept.
Thanks so much!!!
 
Anyone know when next round of acceptances go out? 10/28 interviewer 😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering if they accepted a lot of ppl already just not on sdn…tough to keep waiting after an August interview
n=1 but in the first batch of Q&A panel and there were 100+ ppl who attended. And this thread was quiet. I'd imagine not everyone who interviewed even attended that Q&A too. I think the case is that they accepted a lot of people already but they're still sending out IIs so maybe their class might not be full yet.

Edit: Interviewed end of August so I guessing its either WL or R if I didn't get an A from the first wave
 
n=1 but in the first batch of Q&A panel and there were 100+ ppl who attended. And this thread was quiet. I'd imagine not everyone who interviewed even attended that Q&A too. I think the case is that they accepted a lot of people already but they're still sending out IIs so maybe their class might not be full yet.

Edit: Interviewed end of August so I guessing its either WL or R if I didn't get an A from the first wave
Wow really you think? I feel like there must be some ranking system they’re using to accept ppl and not just chronological given there were some late Oct interview acceptances ^