You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
cerebralforks
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II R
unnamedlobster12
Full Member
IS pre-II R complete 7/25
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats! complete date?IS II! I am surprised despite my MCAT score is way below than their medians
I completed on 7/22. I completely forgot about this school until I saw an II this afternooncongrats! complete date?
I wonder when the next batch of acceptances go out! did anyone hear back in this wave post-interview?
skydweller
Full Member
What interview dates are available for you?IS II! I am surprised despite my MCAT score is way below than their medians
There were two on March 11 and March 23rdWhat interview dates are available for you?
dococt25
Full Member
Pre-ii R today.
Actually yesterday lol
I believe it’s just through the portalhow do we submit updates/LOCI to the school? is it just through the portal or are we also supposed to email admissions?
Shadowreaper2355
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, but same day I got accepted to their MHA program so there's that I guess XD
today?OOS pre-II R, but same day I got accepted to their MHA program so there's that I guess XD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Shadowreaper2355
Full Member
Sorry, this way yesterdaytoday?
sweetstyle
Full Member
Just got accepted around 3.15 pm! Interviewed 9/30 so the wait was eternal!!
superstamper
New Member
congrats! when was your interview date?IS A
same 🙁 fingers crossed for us <3Still waiting since August II 😭
Do you think they’re doing a specific order? The review process doesnt seem super chronological since a wide range of interviews seem to be accepted in the waves ?same 🙁 fingers crossed for us <3
sweetstyle
Full Member
I don't think its chronological either. I think the order is probably which candidates they liked the best as it was my understanding that those accepted dec 2nd had very high statsDo you think they’re doing a specific order? The review process doesnt seem super chronological since a wide range of interviews seem to be accepted in the waves ?
IS A yesterday
Can anyone report if any new info about decisions timeline after today’s info session?
IS A! So relieved, first MD and top choice!
Interviewed 9/5
Interviewed 9/5
Is this today?IS A! So relieved, first MD and top choice!
Interviewed 9/5
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scrubz
Full Member
You will either be rejected or accepted until April. Starting in April, you may be placed on the alternate list.Can anyone report if any new info about decisions timeline after today’s info session?
YesIs this today?
Congrats!
So the originally planned Feb decision release is no longer happening?You will either be rejected or accepted until April. Starting in April, you may be placed on the alternate list.
Punz18
Full Member
I'm curious if it's a change for the entire applicant pool, or specific for people that interviewed later in this cycleSo the originally planned Feb decision release is no longer happening?
PotatoBean
Full Member
Any sense if this is a one-day-and-done A rollout, or what?
Cycletrack for last year shows A wave on a single day (01/30), then all WL's and R's after that.
Cycletrack for last year shows A wave on a single day (01/30), then all WL's and R's after that.
there were other As after 1/30, one in mid feb and another after (at least). dw!Any sense if this is a one-day-and-done A rollout, or what?
Cycletrack for last year shows A wave on a single day (01/30), then all WL's and R's after that.
The first big R wave last cycle was February 22nd 2024. It looks like the first big R wave this cycle was January 7th. Does that mean they’re way ahead of schedule this cycle? What does that mean for interviews scheduled past February? I know people say there’s no such thing as interviewing for a WL spot but based on last year’s thread and cycle track, I haven’t seen any direct A’s come from Feb/March interviews. Maybe I’m being neurotic though
momwithanmd
Full Member
Congrats everyone on the acceptances! Sharing the link to the groupme in case anyone's interested!
https://groupme.com/join_group/105092200/9lB69p3f
https://groupme.com/join_group/105092200/9lB69p3f
Punz18
Full Member
Well you made it past the first R wave especially for pre II Rs for OOS. Happened on January 7OOS and still haven't heard anything....i feel like a stowaway
orgoforever
Full Member
did they say to email post ii updates or upload to portal?
Does anyone get a confirmation or update or anything when they submit an update letter or document through the portal? Are you supposed to?
PotatoBean
Full Member
You get confirmation in that it shows the document in 'uploaded documents'Does anyone get a confirmation or update or anything when they submit a letter through the portal? Are you supposed to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh right but someone doesn't actually tell you we got this from you. Just a bit of overthinking like what if they don't even read this stuff😢You get confirmation in that it shows the document in 'uploaded documents'
PotatoBean
Full Member
They may very well not. Not much to be done about that, for any schoolOh right but someone doesn't actually tell you we got this from you. Just a bit of overthinking like what if they don't even read this stuff😢
you're right. sigh. we'll be alright
I was hoping we'd hear back today, seems like they're active on Tuesdays a lot
Punz18
Full Member
As far as post interview II I still think the big batches are monthly, regardless of Tuesday or not. Idk about their pre II decisions at the moment. You did miss the big pre II R wave on Jan 7I was hoping we'd hear back today, seems like they're active on Tuesdays a lot