2025-2026 Ohio State

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else get multiple e-mails from Ohio State *after* submitting their secondary, but they are about setting up an Ohio state username and password? Separate from the secondary portal? Seems a little strange
 
Anyone else get multiple e-mails from Ohio State *after* submitting their secondary, but they are about setting up an Ohio state username and password? Separate from the secondary portal? Seems a little strange
I also did and wasn't sure what to do other than activating my username? I think they should send a Vitals account access soon unless this has changed from previous years. I will update you if I get anything else!
 
For the essays, my apostrophes and dashes still turned into "?" after submitting. I did what they asked (using TextEdit and exiting the application to check), and all were normal before I submitted. Do I need to email them for this?
 
For the essays, my apostrophes and dashes still turned into "?" after submitting. I did what they asked (using TextEdit and exiting the application to check), and all were normal before I submitted. Do I need to email them for this?
I had the same issue and thought hand-typing directly into the essay box would fix it. I emailed them and they just said, "The Admissions Committee is very familiar with these issues and why they occur." 🤷‍♂️
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone's say "Please upload a professional photograph of yourself to help the interview team identify you on your interview day."
 
Does anyone's say "Please upload a professional photograph of yourself to help the interview team identify you on your interview day."
It’s for everyone in case you get an interview. You can upload early but it only matters if you get an II
 
for those who submitted secondaries, how long after submission did you get a complete email. I submitted 48 hours ago but still no complete email. the software for their portal is horrendous, they ought to be ashamed of themselves oml.
 
for those who submitted secondaries, how long after submission did you get a complete email. I submitted 48 hours ago but still no complete email. the software for their portal is horrendous, they ought to be ashamed of themselves oml.
I submitted my secondary on July 17th, and got a complete email on the 21st
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(i'm a reapplicant, but haven't applied to osu before) do they actually want people to put down every school they applied to before?
 
(i'm a reapplicant, but haven't applied to osu before) do they actually want people to put down every school they applied to before?
Yes, but realistically if you are a reapplicant you applied to more schools than fit within their 20 ish slots. Just fill the slots and move on, they just want it for data purposes and it won't impact your app.
 
Anyone knows how osu handles late applicant? Just applied recently and waiting for secondary. Is it worth applying this late?
 
anyone else w/ II (IS) get invited to tour the campus? I'm not currently in Ohio and they say it's unrelated to admissions but don't want to miss out in case
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad