3 days to decide... Tulane vs. NYMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another piece of feedback that I thought I'd post.

I managed to speak with the dean of admissions at a large allopathic school in Philadelphia about the choice. He heavily favored NYMC based on the fact that clinical training opportunities are much better overall in New York. He said that although Tulane has had the better reputation in the past, the school isn't what it once was, especially in terms of the clinical training opportunities, and that one certainly isn't losing any cache in going to NYMC.

Just one opinion, but it seems to run counter to a lot of what's posted about NYMC on these forums.

That probably has a bit to do with charity...

Members don't see this ad.

Saw the student housing from the outside. Didn't get a chance to go in, but loved the fact that it was close to class.

That notwithstanding, I'm going to Tulane. It was a very difficult decision, and in all honesty I'm mostly going with my gut and the fact that the med school is associated with a relatively well-known research university. I also think that the day to day experience may be slightly better at Tulane and would rather attend class in a an urban environment.

That said, NYMC seems like a great place. Didn't see or learn anything to substantiate any of the negative press. Would certainly have been happy to go there.

Thanks for all of the great advice. Good luck everyone.

Glad to hear you were able to make a decision. See you at the river float!

Status
Not open for further replies.