You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Tulane
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
aturcervix2025
New Member
Accepted off of AR last night! Started at hold for possible interview, then offered an interview, then interview was moved up to 12/10, waitlisted 3/5, Accepted 3/14!!!!!!
anyone know when financial aid/scholarships could come?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sillyusername
Full Member
WL in Nov and... still WL... anyone else? #feelsbadman
complete 8/14, under review 12/9, update sent 1/10, hold for interview 2/3...
pre-II R today!
congrats to those who defeated the odds!
pre-II R today!
congrats to those who defeated the odds!
ReallyNicepremed
Full Member
Got hit by that AR today. Interviewed in December. Hope the rest of you in limbo hear back soon!
Congrats!! Also this gives me hope for being waitlistedAccepted off of AR last night! Started at hold for possible interview, then offered an interview, then interview was moved up to 12/10, waitlisted 3/5, Accepted 3/14!!!!!!
aturcervix2025
New Member
It should!Congrats!! Also this gives me hope for being waitlisted
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Apparently not many get good fin aid, accepted early or not. And they don't let you know until summer anyway, so doubt WL mattersdoes anyone know if you can get good finaid packages off the waitlist for Tulane?
Congrats! It seems like you were literally part of every possible group hahaAccepted off of AR last night! Started at hold for possible interview, then offered an interview, then interview was moved up to 12/10, waitlisted 3/5, Accepted 3/14!!!!!!
Any one that interview in February hear anything ?
nothing yet :/Any one that interview in February hear anything ?
interviewed 2/4
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R. Complete early September, under review late February.
NoEyeEyeGuy
Full Member
pre II R today after being placed on the fake pre ii hold that made it seem as if they had ii's left but actually they didnt LOL.
confidence_is_key_
Full Member
Pre-II R. was "under review" 03/08. Complete 09/28. Lol, I want my money back.
+1Pre-II R. Complete early September, under review late February.
liverpoolistoonice
New Member
How many ppl are in the GroupMe? Just curious as if they are still sending out acceptances.
Did you send LOI or updatesjust accepted, interviewed 1/29
i sent one update letter about a week and a half ago!Did you send LOI or updates
Congrats !!i sent one update letter about a week and a half ago!
I emailed adcom m, which stated that decisions for interviewed applicants will be released in the next 2 weeks!
I emailed adcom m, which stated that decisions for interviewed applicants will be released in the next 2 weeks!
Including AR or just interviewed?
I’m not AR so I didn’t ask about thatIncluding AR or just interviewed?
But I would assume AR is not included bc waitlist is considered a decisionI’m not AR so I didn’t ask about that
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1just got the pre-II rejection email, but I never even submitted the secondary lmao
kljlkjd
Full Member
+1 - never submitted secondary lmfao
Congrats!! Did you get an email or was it just a portal change?just accepted, interviewed 1/29
i got an email! good luck everyone!!Congrats!! Did you get an email or was it just a portal change?
anyone know if you have to take GRE/GMAT to apply for the MD/MBA?
Sure!
Could you add me to the groupme as well?Yes! There’s a Facebook and a groupme!
Were there any Spring interviewers put on alternate list (AR)/ Waitlist?
+1Could you add me to the groupme as well?
doctorloading
Full Member
They just created an official groupme and you can access the link through the fb page
ACCEPTED TODAY! IM OVER THE MOON.
RE-APPLICANT!
I interviewed last cycle and got WL in march 2020.
Re-applied earlier (complete in mid-august).
Interviewed in Nove,ber
Waitlisted in January.
Fast-FWD to today, almost a year to the date that I have been waitlisted, and now officially ACCEPTED.
For those of us accepted - have you received any correspondence from admissions with regards to next steps?
The only correspondence I have received is MD/MBA and MD/MPH emails.
Secondly, when asked to upload our transcript to the portal and "user profile" tab, did you all submit an official or unofficial copy? I ask because if an official is required then normally my institution would send it directly to Tulane as e-pdf, not upload on a portal unless I request an offcial copy for myself and then upload.
Thanks in advance! Cant wait to meet you all this upcoming semester!
For those of you still waiting or not admitted this cycle, keep your head up! Everything works out for a reason. I'm a third time applicant, 5 mcat attempts, and was on Tulane's waitlist for the last two cycles and we here now. I know what it is like to be in the darkest of places, compare ourselves to others, think we are not good enough because our metrics are not on par with our counterparts, and the demons we face by thinking how could we accomplish such a feat without seeing someone who looks like us to ever do it. I hope this serves as a beacon of hope for at least one person who is facing similar battles of where I used to be regardless of your field or identity. It is possible. You are capable. And when life tests you, NEVER fold.
For those of us accepted - have you received any correspondence from admissions with regards to next steps?
The only correspondence I have received is MD/MBA and MD/MPH emails.
Secondly, when asked to upload our transcript to the portal and "user profile" tab, did you all submit an official or unofficial copy? I ask because if an official is required then normally my institution would send it directly to Tulane as e-pdf, not upload on a portal unless I request an offcial copy for myself and then upload.
Thanks in advance! Cant wait to meet you all this upcoming semester!
For those of you still waiting or not admitted this cycle, keep your head up! Everything works out for a reason. I'm a third time applicant, 5 mcat attempts, and was on Tulane's waitlist for the last two cycles and we here now. I know what it is like to be in the darkest of places, compare ourselves to others, think we are not good enough because our metrics are not on par with our counterparts, and the demons we face by thinking how could we accomplish such a feat without seeing someone who looks like us to ever do it. I hope this serves as a beacon of hope for at least one person who is facing similar battles of where I used to be regardless of your field or identity. It is possible. You are capable. And when life tests you, NEVER fold.
No correspondance yet aside from the MD/MBA and MD/MPH emails. Last time I spoke with admissions, they say details will come in early April
As for transcripts, I say official is often better (better be safe than sorry). Let me know how it goes, I'm still waiting to defend my PhD first before uploading my transcripts 🙂
Good job on the journey! I've been lurking here a while. I wrote the MCAT 4 times too, but fortunate to be accepted on my first application. Looking forward to you as my classmate 🙂
Congratulations! Did you send updates/ letter of intent the last 2 times you were on waitlist?
Yes! I sent a total of 3 last cycle, highlighting 6 new experiences / evolving projects and then 1 this cycle.
Do you have a link to the FB page? I'm having trouble finding it online.They just created an official groupme and you can access the link through the fb page
+1Do you have a link to the FB page? I'm having trouble finding it online.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mandalorianpremed
Full Member
Fingers crossed we get some decisions back today, hopefully good news for everyone
mcdreamy01
Full Member
lol I'm new here... what do we know about the AR?? I see a few have been accepted from it which gives me hope... but not much. Is it truly unranked and reviewed randomly? When does it move most?
II 1/20, AR 3/15
II 1/20, AR 3/15
D
deleted1054719
The AR is just a waitlist. While it is unranked, no unranked waitlist is randomly reviewed. You will not be accepted off of a waitlist because you won a dice roll. Unranked/ranked is just an AAMC term where a ranked WL requires a school to pull students off in sequential order based off of their initially generated rankings vs an unranked WL which does not. As you can see, there is no advantage to a school having a ranked WL for their purposes.lol I'm new here... what do we know about the AR?? I see a few have been accepted from it which gives me hope... but not much. Is it truly unranked and reviewed randomly? When does it move most?
II 1/20, AR 3/15
Tulane will review their entire AR list and accept students that match the profiles of the students that withdraw over time so that they can maintain diversity in their class. A URM/female/veteran will most likely be replaced with another applicant with a similar background. This is true for all schools and their WLs!
The AR is just a waitlist. While it is unranked, no unranked waitlist is randomly reviewed. You will not be accepted off of a waitlist because you won a dice roll. Unranked/ranked is just an AAMC term where a ranked WL requires a school to pull students off in sequential order based off of their initially generated rankings vs an unranked WL which does not. As you can see, there is no advantage to a school having a ranked WL for their purposes.
Tulane will review their entire AR list and accept students that match the profiles of the students that withdraw over time so that they can maintain diversity in their class. A URM/female/veteran will most likely be replaced with another applicant with a similar background. This is true for all schools and their WLs!
Yup! I agree with this. From looking at previous years' threads regarding WL and even this year about the transition from being on hold to II and WL to being accepted, if you are indeed interested in TUSOM, it seems to be helpful to periodically send updates/LOI through their portal. While others on SDN might disagree (as it is non-binding, unknown if they will be read or whatnot), I argue that if the schools allow you to send updates, then I think it is advantageous to send meaningful and sincere updates.
For example, if a candidate (whether URM, female, veteran, non-trad, etc) withdraws, TUSOM likely has many other candidates of a similar background and status to choose from and maintain class diversity. Your letter may be the distinguishing factor that gives you the advantage over others who are contending for the spot.
Full disclosure: I'm not on Adcoms, but just sharing my opinion. I know this is an anxious time for applicants, so even if you disagree with me, no need to give backlash 🙂
Everyday I die slowly on the inside