2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary complete: 8/19
Under review: 11/12
Waitlist for II: 1/4
Pre-II R: today

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted off of AR last night! Started at hold for possible interview, then offered an interview, then interview was moved up to 12/10, waitlisted 3/5, Accepted 3/14!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
complete 8/14, under review 12/9, update sent 1/10, hold for interview 2/3...

pre-II R today!

congrats to those who defeated the odds!

Got hit by that AR today. Interviewed in December. Hope the rest of you in limbo hear back soon!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off of AR last night! Started at hold for possible interview, then offered an interview, then interview was moved up to 12/10, waitlisted 3/5, Accepted 3/14!!!!!!
Congrats!! Also this gives me hope for being waitlisted

Tulane rejected me (this morning)
c'est la vie
life is cruel
treats you unfairly

Congrats! It seems like you were literally part of every possible group haha

Members don't see this ad :)
pre II R today after being placed on the fake pre ii hold that made it seem as if they had ii's left but actually they didnt LOL.

Pre II R yesterday. I've been on hold for interview since October so I wasn't surprised. Good luck to everyone else!

I emailed adcom m, which stated that decisions for interviewed applicants will be released in the next 2 weeks!

Reactions: 4 users
just got the pre-II rejection email, but I never even submitted the secondary lmao

anyone know if you have to take GRE/GMAT to apply for the MD/MBA?

Were there any Spring interviewers put on alternate list (AR)/ Waitlist?

ACCEPTED TODAY! IM OVER THE MOON.
RE-APPLICANT!
I interviewed last cycle and got WL in march 2020.
Re-applied earlier (complete in mid-august).
Interviewed in Nove,ber
Waitlisted in January.
Fast-FWD to today, almost a year to the date that I have been waitlisted, and now officially ACCEPTED.

For those of us accepted - have you received any correspondence from admissions with regards to next steps?

The only correspondence I have received is MD/MBA and MD/MPH emails.

Secondly, when asked to upload our transcript to the portal and "user profile" tab, did you all submit an official or unofficial copy? I ask because if an official is required then normally my institution would send it directly to Tulane as e-pdf, not upload on a portal unless I request an offcial copy for myself and then upload.

Thanks in advance! Cant wait to meet you all this upcoming semester!

For those of you still waiting or not admitted this cycle, keep your head up! Everything works out for a reason. I'm a third time applicant, 5 mcat attempts, and was on Tulane's waitlist for the last two cycles and we here now. I know what it is like to be in the darkest of places, compare ourselves to others, think we are not good enough because our metrics are not on par with our counterparts, and the demons we face by thinking how could we accomplish such a feat without seeing someone who looks like us to ever do it. I hope this serves as a beacon of hope for at least one person who is facing similar battles of where I used to be regardless of your field or identity. It is possible. You are capable. And when life tests you, NEVER fold.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
For those of us accepted - have you received any correspondence from admissions with regards to next steps?

The only correspondence I have received is MD/MBA and MD/MPH emails.

Secondly, when asked to upload our transcript to the portal and "user profile" tab, did you all submit an official or unofficial copy? I ask because if an official is required then normally my institution would send it directly to Tulane as e-pdf, not upload on a portal unless I request an offcial copy for myself and then upload.

Thanks in advance! Cant wait to meet you all this upcoming semester!

For those of you still waiting or not admitted this cycle, keep your head up! Everything works out for a reason. I'm a third time applicant, 5 mcat attempts, and was on Tulane's waitlist for the last two cycles and we here now. I know what it is like to be in the darkest of places, compare ourselves to others, think we are not good enough because our metrics are not on par with our counterparts, and the demons we face by thinking how could we accomplish such a feat without seeing someone who looks like us to ever do it. I hope this serves as a beacon of hope for at least one person who is facing similar battles of where I used to be regardless of your field or identity. It is possible. You are capable. And when life tests you, NEVER fold.

No correspondance yet aside from the MD/MBA and MD/MPH emails. Last time I spoke with admissions, they say details will come in early April

As for transcripts, I say official is often better (better be safe than sorry). Let me know how it goes, I'm still waiting to defend my PhD first before uploading my transcripts :)

Good job on the journey! I've been lurking here a while. I wrote the MCAT 4 times too, but fortunate to be accepted on my first application. Looking forward to you as my classmate :)

Congratulations! Did you send updates/ letter of intent the last 2 times you were on waitlist?

Yes! I sent a total of 3 last cycle, highlighting 6 new experiences / evolving projects and then 1 this cycle.

lol I'm new here... what do we know about the AR?? I see a few have been accepted from it which gives me hope... but not much. Is it truly unranked and reviewed randomly? When does it move most?
II 1/20, AR 3/15

lol I'm new here... what do we know about the AR?? I see a few have been accepted from it which gives me hope... but not much. Is it truly unranked and reviewed randomly? When does it move most?
II 1/20, AR 3/15
The AR is just a waitlist. While it is unranked, no unranked waitlist is randomly reviewed. You will not be accepted off of a waitlist because you won a dice roll. Unranked/ranked is just an AAMC term where a ranked WL requires a school to pull students off in sequential order based off of their initially generated rankings vs an unranked WL which does not. As you can see, there is no advantage to a school having a ranked WL for their purposes.

Tulane will review their entire AR list and accept students that match the profiles of the students that withdraw over time so that they can maintain diversity in their class. A URM/female/veteran will most likely be replaced with another applicant with a similar background. This is true for all schools and their WLs!

The AR is just a waitlist. While it is unranked, no unranked waitlist is randomly reviewed. You will not be accepted off of a waitlist because you won a dice roll. Unranked/ranked is just an AAMC term where a ranked WL requires a school to pull students off in sequential order based off of their initially generated rankings vs an unranked WL which does not. As you can see, there is no advantage to a school having a ranked WL for their purposes.

Tulane will review their entire AR list and accept students that match the profiles of the students that withdraw over time so that they can maintain diversity in their class. A URM/female/veteran will most likely be replaced with another applicant with a similar background. This is true for all schools and their WLs!

Yup! I agree with this. From looking at previous years' threads regarding WL and even this year about the transition from being on hold to II and WL to being accepted, if you are indeed interested in TUSOM, it seems to be helpful to periodically send updates/LOI through their portal. While others on SDN might disagree (as it is non-binding, unknown if they will be read or whatnot), I argue that if the schools allow you to send updates, then I think it is advantageous to send meaningful and sincere updates.

For example, if a candidate (whether URM, female, veteran, non-trad, etc) withdraws, TUSOM likely has many other candidates of a similar background and status to choose from and maintain class diversity. Your letter may be the distinguishing factor that gives you the advantage over others who are contending for the spot.

Full disclosure: I'm not on Adcoms, but just sharing my opinion. I know this is an anxious time for applicants, so even if you disagree with me, no need to give backlash :)