Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WOW the kid who grew up on the Mexican-American border wins hands down. His video almost made me cry!

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like they will be giving out IIs today and tomorrow as the adcom is meeting today

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys will do great! Some BCOM news for you
ImageUploadedBySDN1469027421.955905.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Brrrr (like brr, it's cold)

-ell (like taco bell, without the taco b)

Brrrrrr-ell

Reactions: 2 users

Brrrrrr-ell
I am so dumb. I pronounced it brrr-ill.

Or you could put some flair on it and pronounce it like Burr (van Buren) - Ell. I've heard it both ways.

Brrrrrr-ell

Or you could put some flair on it and pronounce it like Burr (van Buren) - Ell. I've heard it both ways.
Like purell hand sanitizer with a B?

Like purell hand sanitizer with a B?

I think that's what is implied in that post, although I would stick with the more common pronunciation like the taco example.

It's pronounced the same way as Ty "Burrell" from Modern Family.
phil-dunphy.jpg

An immense weight has been lifted off my shoulder(finally have all of my required letters sent in) really hoping for some love from BCOM . Do they meet once a week to discuss IIs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news on II for today?
Not quite yet (at least not here)

Although I do now have 6 views on my youtube video. Maybe they're passing it around and giggling at how weird it is ;)

"hey, check out this guy. HAH"

Just got an II for this school, again. I actually interviewed at this school for its inaugural class and was wait listed last year. This should be interesting for a second go around...

Just got an II for this school, again. I actually interviewed at this school for its inaugural class and was wait listed last year. This should be interesting for a second go around...
What were your stats

Sent from my LG-D950 using SDN mobile

II today! OOS, 3.3 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 506 MCAT, great ECs

Last edited:
II!! OOS, 3.42 cGPA, 3.71 sGPA, 504 MCAT.

secondary received: 6/16
secondary submitted: 6/16 (but waited until last week for physical exhibit to be received because there was a slight mailbox mixup)
interview invite: 7/20

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II! OOS. cGPA: 3.15, sGPA: 3.19, MCAT: 508

3.45c, 3.1 s 504 MCAT retake, 27 MCAT first time, also a dual D1 college athlete.
What did you add to enhanced your application when you reapplied this year? Mcat retake? Extra GPA booster classes? More DO shadowing experience?

What did you add to enhanced your application when you reapplied this year? Mcat retake? Extra GPA booster classes? More DO shadowing experience?

Aren't you accepted already???

It says my recommendation aren't received online but I put them through AACOMAS and said it was received. Is that ok?

It says my recommendation aren't received online but I put them through AACOMAS and said it was received. Is that ok?
i emailed them about that since on my portal it said not received, Red X's and incomplete, but they replied back saying if it was sent trhough AACOMAS, they should have it. But email and double check!

Hey glad to see that you got an II. I remember a while back discussing your situation and journey. Good luck!

Aww, hey! I remember talking to you also. Thanks so much! :)

Everyone that got an II congrats, look forward to seeing you guys around campus!

Reactions: 4 users
Everyone that got an II congrats, look forward to seeing you guys around campus!
Hello there TheFutureFatMan! If you have a moment, I'd love to ask you a few questions about the school and surrounding area? I recently submitted my secondary and I'm just waiting now (twirling thumbs and sipping on coffee).

So I'm just wondering--does Burrell do silent rejections? Or do they let you know if you're no longer being considered?

They rejected people last year. It wasn't silent

Ok! Just wondering. I sent my app in 7/6 and someone said they'll take a week and a half to review it, so I didn't know if I was being rejected. I AM up to 7 views on my video now, though. Only 2 of those are me. So someone is seeing it, haha.

Ok! Just wondering. I sent my app in 7/6 and someone said they'll take a week and a half to review it, so I didn't know if I was being rejected. I AM up to 7 views on my video now, though. Only 2 of those are me. So someone is seeing it, haha.

Definitely check your portal and make sure it's 100% complete. When I applied last year I did everything but check 1 box. I waited a week worrying and then when I saw people getting IIs, I checked it and boom, II came soon. Quite the face palm but it worked out in the end!

The views are probably other students lol, we in the class saw the videos quite some time ago but didn't post about them for everyone's privacy

If you share your link I can get you to 8.

Reactions: 5 users
Definitely check your portal and make sure it's 100% complete. When I applied last year I did everything but check 1 box. I waited a week worrying and then when I saw people getting IIs, I checked it and boom, II came soon. Quite the face palm but it worked out in the end!

The views are probably other students lol, we in the class saw the videos quite some time ago but didn't post about them for everyone's privacy

Well I made it public unlisted so only people with the links (I.e. The adcoms) can see it. Do they give you guys the videos to look at!?

And I just checked and everything is filled out and ready to go! Strange. Maybe they'll get to me eventually :)

Last edited:
Well I made it public unlisted so only people with the links (I.e. The adcoms) can see it. Do they give you guys the videos to look at!?

And I just checked and everything is filled out and ready to go! Strange. Maybe they'll get to me eventually :)
nah they don't give it to us to watch haha. Just be patient, they definitely meet often and are a fast turnaround school. Enjoy your freedom while it lasts! "Med school is coming"

nah they don't give it to us to watch haha. Just be patient, they definitely meet often and are a fast turnaround school. Enjoy your freedom while it lasts! "Med school is coming"

Thanks man. I guess I was just getting concerned because someone said "1 and a half weeks" was the turnaround rate to expect. But they HAVE had a significant increase in applications, so I shouldn't be surprised