California Northstate College of Medicine vs TUCOMCA vs AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoSusRN

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted to these 3 schools. AZCOM vs TUCOMCA seems to be discussed quite a bit on SDN so I'll save that issue, but what about CNUCOM? I am skeptical of CNUCOM because it is so new and has not gained full accreditation yet for clinical rotations (if I recall correct). But if it does gain accreditation (likely), then it should have pretty good rotations with Kaiser and Dignity in the Sacramento area. I also met a student at CNUCOM during my interview who was accepted to AZCOM, but chose CNUCOM. So, what are your thoughts between CNUCOM vs AZCOM or TUCOMCA?? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted to these 3 schools. AZCOM vs TUCOMCA seems to be discussed quite a bit on SDN so I'll save that issue, but what about CNUCOM? I am skeptical of CNUCOM because it is so new and has not gained full accreditation yet for clinical rotations (if I recall correct). But if it does gain accreditation (likely), then it should have pretty good rotations with Kaiser and Dignity in the Sacramento area. I also met a student at CNUCOM during my interview who was accepted to AZCOM, but chose CNUCOM. So, what are your thoughts between CNUCOM vs AZCOM or TUCOMCA?? Thanks

Unfortunately I think the fact that it is an MD school will make it so you will have better match options farther down the road, no matter how crappy the actual institution is.

PS. Every school can't be fully accredited until it graduates a class usually.

I can't recommend CNU.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same question. Accepted at TUCOM-CA, just got an II for Northstate. Not sure what to think about Northstate.

CNU doesn't allow federal loans yet. If you would need to take out private loans to pay for it, I would go with one of the DO schools.