How much harder is it to get into the Cleveland Clinic than Case Western itself?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My GPA is in the mid 3.7 range at Dartmouth, but my MCAT is a 32. Do I have a shot at the Cleveland Clinic?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot harder. CCLCM is recruiting a very specific type of student, and due to the full ride + stipend their admissions yield is very high (so WL movement is slim).

No one will discourage you from applying, and you really should give it a shot. But I know multiple students at top 3 USNWR medical schools who weren't offered admission to CCLCM.

No one has that much of a shot when you consider that they take <40 people. That said, you'll never know unless you try.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing you have said thus far would put it out of the realm of possible. Having said that, what exactly interests you about our program? Perhaps you could also give us some more detail about your research background (which is an important aspect of applying here)?

A lot harder. CCLCM is recruiting a very specific type of student, and due to the full ride + stipend their admissions yield is very high (so WL movement is slim).

No one will discourage you from applying, and you really should give it a shot. But I know multiple students at top 3 USNWR medical schools who weren't offered admission to CCLCM.

Indeed, we do recruit a specific type of student - and that is a good thing. Beyond the obvious research requirements, we look for students you play well with others. I would like to think that we are a little less rigid about numbers relative to many other top programs. But that is my biased opinion. :)

No one has that much of a shot when you consider that they take <40 people. That said, you'll never know unless you try.

Indeed. The only way I would EVER honestly say "you stand no chance at CCLCM" is if you don't apply. ;) Seriously, never say never. If the OP has that sparkle in their eye for research, and the fire in their belly for CCLCM - they may be surprised.

Edit: Also the relative "hardness" of the two programs is not a valid question. They are looking for different types of applicants, and therefore some get into Case, but not CCLCM, and vice versa. It isn't CCLCM vs. the University Program. I have nothing but love and respect for my brothers and sisters down the road.

a lot harder. i had an interview at case, cleveland clinic straight off rejected me :/
with this said tho, they look for a very specific applicant to fit their prototype. if u look at mdapps, ppl have gotten in with 2.9 but a mcat of 40'sh. they seem to be geared towards nontrads with interesting life stories.
Hmmm...while I do love my nontrad classmates - we are the exception and NOT the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.