You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Case Western
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
AAMC traffic rules have April 15 as the date by which you should narrow the acceptances you are holding to 3.Guys what’s 4/15? I hear about it on a bunch of threads
I'm applying next year, and I couldn't find this information elsewhere, so I thought I'd ask here: Is Case Western pass/fail and are there internal rankings?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apple Jacks
Full Member
Withdrew my A here. Just wasn't a good fit for me and financial aid package wasn't all there. Best of luck to everyone on the WL!
P/F for MS1 and 2 years. No internal rankingsI'm applying next year, and I couldn't find this information elsewhere, so I thought I'd ask here: Is Case Western pass/fail and are there internal rankings?
Does anyone know what percentage of students are allowed to rotate at Cleveland clinic?
I believe it’s around 45 students per year which is about 27% of the university program class.Does anyone know what percentage of students are allowed to rotate at Cleveland clinic?
AgitatedSundae73
Full Member
Just received the waitlist update email, if I already uploaded a LOCI to my portal a few days ago do I also need to respond to the email? Just wondering since the end of the email said to "please share your thoughts with us by responding to this email" lol
If they ask you to reply to the email, do that so they’ll see it in their count of who replied. When they go over the pool of who still wants to be on the WL they can find your LOIJust received the waitlist update email, if I already uploaded a LOCI to my portal a few days ago do I also need to respond to the email? Just wondering since the end of the email said to "please share your thoughts with us by responding to this email" lol
I don't think it would hurt to respond, especially since they asked for you to respond!Just received the waitlist update email, if I already uploaded a LOCI to my portal a few days ago do I also need to respond to the email? Just wondering since the end of the email said to "please share your thoughts with us by responding to this email" lol
I believe that is for students rotating EXCLUSIVELY at the Cleveland Clinic. (Cleveland Clinic Longitudinal Clerkship). All students are able to rotate at the Cleveland Clinic.I believe it’s around 45 students per year which is about 27% of the university program class.
Did everyone on the alt list receive the update email?
Why wouldn't they? Don't they say the list is unranked?Did everyone on the alt list receive the update email?
jasmine7816
New Member
Did anyone post II and no A not get the alt list email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email goes to your case email account. Mine went straight into spam, so make sure to check there!Do you get an e-mail with the financial aid package or does it just update in your portal?
mizzfoshiz
Full Member
For people on the waitlist, are you just responding to the email or also uploading to the portal?
I just responded to them via email. They are probably getting hundreds of LOIs and email responses, I didn’t want to bother them with the same exact message two times.For people on the waitlist, are you just responding to the email or also uploading to the portal?
Last edited:
D
deleted1008763
For people on the waitlist, are you just responding to the email or also uploading to the portal?
They responded to my email saying my letter of interest was added to my application, so just an email works!
Hmm, do you know what the selection process for that is? They kinda made it seem like everyone gets the rotations they want at the interview sessionsI believe it’s around 45 students per year which is about 27% of the university program class.
I believe if too many students want to do the Cleveland Clinic one, then they gotta choose through a random lottery but they said that only happens sometimes and doesn’t happen all the time.Hmm, do you know what the selection process for that is? They kinda made it seem like everyone gets the rotations they want at the interview sessions
is that CCLC competitive? Ive never heard of that until now, thats dopeI believe that is for students rotating EXCLUSIVELY at the Cleveland Clinic. (Cleveland Clinic Longitudinal Clerkship). All students are able to rotate at the Cleveland Clinic.
Does anyone know if any acceptances for waitlisted students have been sent out yet?
I have heard that the Cleveland Clinic program is much harder to honor and so many students choose the other tracks. The advantage of course is the connections that come with working with attendings there.I believe if too many students want to do the Cleveland Clinic one, then they gotta choose through a random lottery but they said that only happens sometimes and doesn’t happen all the time.
Will add on that I’ve also talked to current students that stated the Cleveland clinics program wasn’t as hands on, so they opted for the other clerkship tracksI have heard that the Cleveland Clinic program is much harder to honor and so many students choose the other tracks. The advantage of course is the connections that come with working with attendings there.
Does anyone know if any acceptances for waitlisted students have been sent out yet?
None, posted here, and usually there are some posts on SDN about WL acceptances. So probably no WL acceptances yet. They are likely coming tomorrow (based on last year's thread), but I’m just an applicant like yourself so I don’t really know. I’m sure that many of us are hoping for good news soon. Best of luck to everyone on the WL!
Hey everyone - we're still waiting for the dust to settle. A few people haven't followed the protocols which keeps things in limbo. 😕 We're working on it. It's too soon to tell how many additional offers we'll need to make.
Thanks for the update, it is appreciated! Any idea when offers will go out (today, tomorrow etc.) if that’s something you can comment on?Hey everyone - we're still waiting for the dust to settle. A few people haven't followed the protocols which keeps things in limbo. 😕 We're working on it. It's too soon to tell how many additional offers we'll need to make.
We haven't made a decision on that yet. We're waiting to hear back from some people.Thanks for the update, it is appreciated! Any idea when offers will go out (today, tomorrow etc.) if that’s something you can comment on?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hellohelloooeh
Full Member
Wow it really sucks that people not following protocols is holding WL movement back. Sorry to all of you waiting out there, I can’t imagine how nerve wrecking this has all been. At least @CWRU.Sman is active here to keep things transparent 🙂 best of luck everybody, hopefully tomorrow is the day!
D
deleted1115418
Has anyone heard about any waitlist movement today?
We offered a handful of acceptances yesterday. We do not have plans to make any other offers right now. We have some accepted students who have received offers off of other waitlists and we are waiting to hear what they plan to do. This time of year is a waiting game for everyone involved. Sorry. I wish I had a crystal ball. It would make all of our lives easier.
Thank you for the update Señor SmanWe offered a handful of acceptances yesterday. We do not have plans to make any other offers right now. We have some accepted students who have received offers off of other waitlists and we are waiting to hear what they plan to do. This time of year is a waiting game for everyone involved. Sorry. I wish I had a crystal ball. It would make all of our lives easier.
A from the WL yesterday afternoon. Good luck to everyone!!
premed4799
Full Member
If anybody wants to give up their A, I’d be eternally grateful 👀👀👀
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Thanks for the update. Around when do you predict most WL movement will have settled (not counting random unexpected spot openings) ?We offered a handful of acceptances yesterday. We do not have plans to make any other offers right now. We have some accepted students who have received offers off of other waitlists and we are waiting to hear what they plan to do. This time of year is a waiting game for everyone involved. Sorry. I wish I had a crystal ball. It would make all of our lives easier.
JohnJacobJingleheimer
Full Member
Just wana shout out the waitlist warriors and say you guys are resilient af. Seriously, handling pressure at the level of intensity that the med school cycle brings for an entire year is not something a lot of people could do. I feel for your position and hope your patience and fortitude pays off. Regardless of the outcome, you’ve proven you can stand up in the face of adversity and you guys deserve mad props!!!
Good luck guys, hope to see you in July!
Good luck guys, hope to see you in July!
It's always to hard to answer this question because as accepted students get new offers, they are given anywhere from 5-14 days (depending on the school's request) to make a decision. Therefore, we're waiting just as long to hear their decision and can't make a move until we know if that spot is freed up or not. This is just the way it goes at this time of year....Thanks for the update. Around when do you predict most WL movement will have settled (not counting random unexpected spot openings) ?
Why not rescind the A’s of people cheating the system and not following the protocols? Doesn’t sound fair to everyone else who followed the rules and those waiting to hear from WL. 🤔🤔🤔🤔Hey everyone - we're still waiting for the dust to settle. A few people haven't followed the protocols which keeps things in limbo. 😕 We're working on it. It's too soon to tell how many additional offers we'll need to make.
Well, as an application on the WL I see where you’re coming from in that it’s frustrating to have to wait longer for any potential movement. But the protocols are not rules, they are just suggestions*. Schools can choose to enforce them how they wish.Why not rescind the A’s of people cheating the system and not following the protocols? Doesn’t sound fair to everyone else who followed the rules and those waiting to hear from WL. 🤔🤔🤔🤔
I 100% think that if those applicants had all the information to make their decisions they should make their choice on time for the sake of people on the WL. (If for example, they just got an A shortly before May 2 and had not received Aid yet or still had other factors to consider that would be more understandable).
Basically without knowing more details it’s difficult to say if the applicants who didn’t follow protocols were ‘in the wrong’ or not. In the end likely all that will happen is it will delay movement a little, hopefully by no more than several days.
*someone correct me if I’m wrong.
JohnJacobJingleheimer
Full Member
Spot onWell, as an application on the WL I see where you’re coming from in that it’s frustrating to have to wait longer for any potential movement. But the protocols are not rules, they are just suggestions*. Schools can choose to enforce them how they wish.
I 100% think that if those applicants had all the information to make their decisions they should make their choice on time for the sake of people on the WL. (If for example, they just got an A shortly before May 2 and had not received Aid yet or still had other factors to consider that would be more understandable).
Basically without knowing more details it’s difficult to say if the applicants who didn’t follow protocols were ‘in the wrong’ or not. In the end likely all that will happen is it will delay movement a little, hopefully by no more than several days.
*someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Justtryintomedschool
Full Member
same! dream school but losing hope day by day...any updates? hopeful WL person but starting to get discouraged...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed4799
Full Member
Sameee i don’t think they’re utilizing the WL much this yearsame! dream school but losing hope day by day...
Agreed, I thought Case Western utilized their WL much more based off of prior years.Sameee i don’t think they’re utilizing the WL much this year
StressinOut
New Member
Are there any updates that you can give at this point? I know everyone is in a holding pattern right now, but we are also getting close to the time after which anyone who gets off of the waitlist will end up forced to pay for two separate living spaces during the month of July. I know not everyone is in that situation, but I am also positive I am not the only one with a landlord that requires 30 day's notice. Case is my dream school, but I don't know how to make all of one month's rent for two apartments, moving expenses, and 1.5x rent in a security deposit possible.We offered a handful of acceptances yesterday. We do not have plans to make any other offers right now. We have some accepted students who have received offers off of other waitlists and we are waiting to hear what they plan to do. This time of year is a waiting game for everyone involved. Sorry. I wish I had a crystal ball. It would make all of our lives easier.
Any idea if anyone will here next week sometime? I think there's a lot of anxiety floating around just because of being on the waitlist in general, but there's also more than just the waitlist anxiety for some of us now, too.
LoveCoffee
Full Member
@CWRU.Sman I know you know even less about the CCLCM process, but if you have any updates on their waitlist movement as well it would be very much appreciated. Was my dream school but I'm thinking they are probably close to done if not done with waitlist movement. Thanks for your continued transparency through this and I fully understand if you don't know/can't find out.