IRL WW game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
villagers like you
tumblr_mjo3cfDWZZ1qcvkpto3_250.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
lately we've been leaving seers alive to let villagers like you lynch them. It all goes in cycles.
Was just going to say this. Worked really well in The Stand. I might personally go for a lower number than 8. Maybe 5. But some ballsy wolf is probably gonna go ahead and leave a seer alive that long too :laugh:

When it gets that close to the end though, the risk is too great as a wolf, unless you're unseerable, then it doesn't matter one way or the other, and villagers should off the seers just to make sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
When it gets that close to the end though, the risk is too great as a wolf, unless you're unseerable, then it doesn't matter one way or the other, and villagers should off the seers just to make sure.
With great risk comes great reward.
It was what I did last time .... it was nerve wracking but worth it.

I'm always flummoxed when people don't use the Chillbo Maneuver right away (lynching known seers when there's <~8 players left).
Yeah, converting DVMD was a gamble. I figured we were pretty much boned from the start thanks to having the two (three? I don't even know how to even with you, dbag) wolfiest wolves that ever wolfed on our team, so why not do something so incredibly obvious, so incredibly dumb that no one would see it coming because everyone would see it coming.

Worked out way better than I thought.

Oh god, STL was the bane of our existence btw. He was like some kind of idiot savant- his reasoning was completely and utterly wrong in every way imaginable, but his guesses were on point almost every single time. He guessed all the right wolves for all the wrong reasons, I didn't know whether to be furious or impressed.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh god, STL was the bane of our existence btw. He was like some kind of idiot savant- his reasoning was completely and utterly wrong in every way imaginable, but his guesses were on point almost every single time. He guessed all the right wolves for all the wrong reasons, I didn't know whether to be furious or impressed.
I have found this to be generally true of STL's villager gameplay :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for you @Mad Jack why didn't you use your jailing ability?
We had a choice, we could seer or I could audit. Auditing had three outcomes- nothing would happen, the player would end up in jail, or their role would be deactivated for two nights. We ended up seering nothing but useless villagers early on, so I didn't have any good targets for auditing, so I figured we might as well seer so we'd get a better idea of who to kill/audit in the future, and hopefully find the ex wife along the way.

So was I blocked three nights in a row or was there some other oddness going on?
you only had a 1 in 5 chance of your role succeeding, so that was just lady luck not ready to reward you.
If you succeeded the person you stabbed in the back became unemployed (lost their role) and you picked it up. Conceivably you could have added many roles.

We had a choice, we could seer or I could audit. Auditing had three outcomes- nothing would happen, the player would end up in jail, or their role would be deactivated for two nights. We ended up seering nothing but useless villagers early on, so I didn't have any good targets for auditing, so I figured we might as well seer so we'd get a better idea of who to kill/audit in the future, and hopefully find the ex wife along the way.
Oh I see, didn't realize you had to choose between the two.

@StartingoverVet Why all the roles revolving around the chairman's job? Just to trick us into thinking it was more important than it was? :p

Ok a word to future wolves in future games... Do NOT convert the outed villager seer. 1. It is annoying. 2. It is damn near impossible for a converted villager seer to make it to end game without being lynched. 3. It is damn near impossible for that person to actually win the game. 4. Especially do not do this if the villager seer can not speak at all in the game, I was lucky SOV took pity on me and allowed me to defend myself.

Thank you.

Also, I am glad I left it with devyn, rojo and myself. It was fun to put rojo into that position of making the final decision. I was cracking up laughing when he unlynched me. But he finally figured it out.

Thanks for the game SOV, it was very frustrating at first and a bit after I was converted but it was fun. :)

Reactions: 1 users
This is not true.

You had to pick one person to kill and they couldn't use their ability for the night.
You could have seered and jailed the same night.

Ending up in jail had the highest probability. Nothing was very small as was 2 night deactivation.

This is not true.

You had to pick one person to kill and they couldn't use their ability for the night.
You could have seered and jailed the same night.

Ending up in jail had the highest probability. Nothing was very small as was 2 night deactivation.
Yeah, but given how quickly Lupin got sprung from jail, the fact that we didn't know who had decent roles worth taking for two nights, and the chance of nothing happening, the auditing mechanism didn't seem worthwhile versus killing.

Yup, it was a feint. I was hoping that the wolves attention would (falsely) be drawn to the board and the chairman.
Seemed to work at least a little bit, since they killed FFM fairly early. Wish I had been smarter about it though, he told the board he didn't have any abilities but I figured he might have been lying in case there was a wolf among us.

you only had a 1 in 5 chance of your role succeeding, so that was just lady luck not ready to reward you.
If you succeeded the person you stabbed in the back became unemployed (lost their role) and you picked it up. Conceivably you could have added many roles.
That makes sense. I figured there had to be some role of the dice bit. Had fun looking up pics and gifs though, so thanks for the game!

also, the jail was a key part of the game.... i didn't envision you would completely ignore it with 4 different wolves.
The dirty judge character could have really made some shady deals.
and the bail bondsman could bring people back to jail.

People in jail couldn't vote and didn't count as villagers while in jail so it was a powerful tool that was ignored.

Also, Devyn COULD be "jailed" which should have been obvious when I named the jail the jail/dog pound.

Yeah, but given how quickly Lupin got sprung from jail, the fact that we didn't know who had decent roles worth taking for two nights, and the chance of nothing happening, the auditing mechanism didn't seem worthwhile versus killing.
except the divorce attorney had no useful role. you should have killed from the start.
And DocE had a stupid message role. You guys just prioritized other stuff.

If not for the fact that WZ blew how useless the chairman role was for us from the start, that would've worked quite well.

Womp womp.
Can I get a MVV (Most Valuable Villager) to the Wolves award as a consolation prize? :heckyeah:

Can I get a MVV (Most Valuable Villager) to the Wolves award as a consolation prize? :heckyeah:
I am just glad you didn't out poor Gwen. The fact that it took wolves that long to figure out Gwen was the insurance rep is astonishing to me

I am just glad you didn't out poor Gwen. The fact that it took wolves that long to figure out Gwen was the insurance rep is astonishing to me
See, I only outed things that came up in conversation. MJ simply never asked me if I knew who the person getting people out of the ICU was :D

You actually expect the player who can't post or talk to anyone to pay attention to the game? I had a hard enough time paying attention at all. Not only that but I had the busiest week ever last week. I kind of deferred to the other wolfs who were also not around much and very busy. I had it narrowed down as to who it probably was, but honestly I didn't really care as they weren't going to be able to heal people for a while anyway so why hurry up to kill them? Gave me the benefit of the villagers also not having info from roles of people who were in ICU. I think I killed them at the right time and I wouldn't change that.

I actually liked the ICU mechanic myself. It really threw into doubt who was what, and gave some buffer time between lynchings and identification that really helped us wolves out. By the time people were identified, it'd often be a day or two later, so people's minds would be off that lynch entirely and not looking for anything suspicious.

You actually expect the player who can't post or talk to anyone to pay attention to the game? I had a hard enough time paying attention at all. Not only that but I had the busiest week ever last week. I kind of deferred to the other wolfs who were also not around much and very busy. I had it narrowed down as to who it probably was, but honestly I didn't really care as they weren't going to be able to heal people for a while anyway so why hurry up to kill them? Gave me the benefit of the villagers also not having info from roles of people who were in ICU. I think I killed them at the right time and I wouldn't change that.
I was more referring to MJ then yourself tbh...

I actually liked the ICU mechanic myself. It really threw into doubt who was what, and gave some buffer time between lynchings and identification that really helped us wolves out. By the time people were identified, it'd often be a day or two later, so people's minds would be off that lynch entirely and not looking for anything suspicious.
wolves (and mods...definitely mods) like the delay in providing role information for the dead...villagers not so much :laugh:

I was more referring to MJ then yourself tbh...

MJ was already lynched by then. Unless they were trying to find who was healing ICU members earlier before I was converted, but I read through the convo and don't recall seeing that in their wolf convo. Not everyone is going to play like you or think like you.

I do recall MJ calling me a bitch after revealing Doc. :laugh:

And Doc also complaining about how I can't "just be dead like everyone else". Which made no sense since no one in ICU was dead...

Reactions: 1 users
MJ was already lynched by then. Unless they were trying to find who was healing ICU members earlier before I was converted, but I read through the convo and don't recall seeing that in their wolf convo. Not everyone is going to play like you or think like you.
Change that statement to no one is going to play or think like me and we are about accurate. But meh, it was just a thorn in the wolves side being unable to take out particular roles for sure

Change that statement to no one is going to play or think like me and we are about accurate. But meh, it was just a thorn in the wolves side being unable to take out particular roles for sure

Devyn was the biggest thorn and I still think a role that can't be killed, converted, lynched and still counts for villagers is just too much. Really makes it impossible for the wolves to win at all.

This is one of my favorite mechanics. It was a riff on the cart driver from my Monty Python game. I like that it lets the dead have a few extra days of life, it delays knowledge of the roles, and it encourages debate among the dead. The JDH/Doc argument was great in that Monty Python game, and DVMD and Doc this game was pretty entertaining.

Devyn was the biggest thorn and I still think a role that can't be killed, converted, lynched and still counts for villagers is just too much. Really makes it impossible for the wolves to win at all.
not really. Wolves smartly only wasted one kill on her.
And in the end game it always comes down to the wolves 50/50, and no different this game, I just picked which villager was really the deciding vote.
You did amazingly well for being the seer, and all the wolves being under suspicion.

This is one of my favorite mechanics. It was a riff on the cart driver from my Monty Python game. I like that it lets the dead have a few extra days of life, it delays knowledge of the roles, and it encourages debate among the dead. The JDH/Doc argument was great, and DVMD and Doc this game was pretty entertaining.
I really enjoyed the extra 3 days of being able to strategize while "dead" although I completely forgot that I could PM the other people in the ICU after the first day

not really. Wolves smartly only wasted one kill on her.
And in the end game it always comes down to the wolves 50/50, and no different this game, I just picked which villager was really the deciding vote.
You did amazingly well for being the seer, and all the wolves being under suspicion.

Except she wasn't the deciding vote, rojo was. It didn't quite come down to 50/50 as I had already "cleared" rojo and really could not get around an end game without it being devyn and someone I cleared. No matter who I killed or let stay alive. I was kind of stuck. And devyn couldn't be lynched so it was an automatic loss for me back a couple cycles ago already.

I still strongly believe that is too much power for one player to have and counting as a villager. I can't get her lynched, I can't kill her and I am forced to try to convince someone at the end that she is bluffing which is impossible when you have a role seer who has already confirmed what she is saying. I have had a role like that before and I thought it was too much then too. I just don't think overpowering roles are a good idea for game balance unless you have a similar role on the other side and you didn't, every wolf was vulnerable to lynch no matter what.

Please stop trying to kill me first, wolves. Every freaking time lately

And please stop trying to kill me first, villagers. :p

Seriously though, I can't believe I was the random day 1 lynch. And I can't believe I was a freaking wolf again. I desperately want to be a villager next game!

Thanks for the game SOV, and good job DVM.. I thought for sure you would be a goner well before endgame, but you played it well. :)