Madagascar WWildlife (A Basics Game!) - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Given that it is Yolo/Marvolo/whatever, if anyone else is claiming to have a PR, now is the time to speak up. I myself am vanilla, and I know samac/ @Cyndia claimed the same

Just tagging everyone to make sure this doesn't get missed.

@BobLoblaw78 - also I think you should reveal the other soft you were talking about so we can all evaluate it. Meats was either making a joke or pretending to, but in either case she's said she's not a seer.
@Crayola227
@vetmedhead
@cubsrule4e
@Viscernable
Boring vanilla as well.

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but said I remember wanting to do a phrasing joke about it but didn't want to draw attention to it if it was meant to be discreet. I didn't make note of it but it was something akin to "I will kill you" and me thinking are they claiming shooter/extra kill role

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Looked at threadloom and Cray actually is up there on posts, despite what I thought. Cubs, cyndia, meats are pretty low.

Reactions: 1 user
C
Care to share with class?
Pippy needs to cough up this supposed rojo and if she doesn't, then def take that as wolfy lying and shade throwing and then will have no qualms voting there. Unless I missed where she said.

I have some pages to catch up on.

Members don't see this ad :)
nonsensical attack where? on AM? at least I'm voting for my strongest reads not the bottom of my POE. She doesn't like that I tied up the vote D1 and didnt go for Strog. News flash, it was more than just me that thought the Strog yeet D1 didn't make sense, hence why Alley got yeeted instead. It was weird that of all the inactive players D1, MYSELF INCLUDED that everyone hopped on Strog, it was such a clear runaway wagon which was weird, and the fact that everyone wanted to yeet someone who hasnt played in years was weird.

Vis I have had you in my village leans category like this whole time, and I'm trying to not let your vote for me change that. I am not compatible with meats, because shocker, wow, I am not a wolf.
I was trying to see what cray was replying to me about and it wound up here. Mkg insisting she is incompatible fwiw w/ meats. I think this helps vis more than anything. Still not sure what cray is replying to.

I think vis is village, of course need to read over interactions but if she has fooled me, zenge, and AM well...congrats on that lol

I need to read back over the pippy/samac interactions but I remember thinking those were not w/w initially.

I can't really see mayo continually questioning AM on her stagg push if he was a packmate. It doesn't feel right. And cray has seemed herself. So keeping cray in village.

So that leaves me with meats, genny/cubs, and Bob as possible pippy packmates. I originally had bob in village reads but I haven't liked some of his moves the last couple days, especially the AM push when strog was up for yeet. Gonna look back at the trackers because it seems unlikely 3 wolves would be on the same villager the end of the day d2 when there were other options, but it is possible that they felt that was their only choice with three of them on the board. That will help me decide on meats/genny(cubs) compatibility.

Given that it is Yolo/Marvolo/whatever, if anyone else is claiming to have a PR, now is the time to speak up. I myself am vanilla, and I know samac/ @Cyndia claimed the same

@BobLoblaw78 - also I think you should reveal the other soft you were talking about so we can all evaluate it. Meats was either making a joke or pretending to, but in either case she's said she's not a seer.
@Crayola227
@vetmedhead
@cubsrule4e
@Viscernable

I agree with this. At this point the more info on the thread the better if we’re truly at yolo, and I still suspect it’s an all vanilla game.

Are these synonyms or slightly different? I can never recall if there's a difference and if so what
The difference is that we could all vote for "no vote" today (Mylo) vs needing to vote out a wolf (yolo)

I would prefer voting out pippy today and going into tomorrow with a higher village:wolf ratio than we'll have if we no vote today. Especially since we haven't had the level of discussion that you really need to make a no vote day worthwhile (not placing blame, I'm also busy today).

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
DANGEROUS TERRAIN AHEAD Day 5 Tally

Pippy (4) - cubs, Dubz, Cyndia, Cray

4/8 voted
Missing: @Viscernable, @PippyPony, @BobLoblaw78, @vetmedhead

Lemur GIFs | Tenor

One misstep on this terrain would be deadly. Proceed with caution.

Vote closes at 9pm EDT (~3 hours).

• Haha
I would prefer voting out pippy today and going into tomorrow with a higher village:wolf ratio than we'll have if we no vote today. Especially since we haven't had the level of discussion that you really need to make a no vote day worthwhile (not placing blame, I'm also busy today).
If everyone assumes pippy is wolf than the ratio is irrelevant. You have to pick correct today and tomorrow whichever order you do it in

I think vis is village, of course need to read over interactions but if she has fooled me, zenge, and AM well...congrats on that lol

I need to read back over the pippy/samac interactions but I remember thinking those were not w/w initially.

I can't really see mayo continually questioning AM on her stagg push if he was a packmate. It doesn't feel right. And cray has seemed herself. So keeping cray in village.

So that leaves me with meats, genny/cubs, and Bob as possible pippy packmates. I originally had bob in village reads but I haven't liked some of his moves the last couple days, especially the AM push when strog was up for yeet. Gonna look back at the trackers because it seems unlikely 3 wolves would be on the same villager the end of the day d2 when there were other options, but it is possible that they felt that was their only choice with three of them on the board. That will help me decide on meats/genny(cubs) compatibility.

I have taken note of the Bob shift as well. He seemed very coherent and organized the first few cycles, now he seems...not flustered, but kind of disorganized in thought process. Throwing a lot out there but its not as easy to put together as it was originally.

• Hmm
If everyone assumes pippy is wolf than the ratio is irrelevant. You have to pick correct today and tomorrow whichever order you do it in
I'm talking ratio in terms of thread control, not parity. Easier for wolves to manipulate the narrative. If everyone assumes pippy is a wolf, then we should definitely just vote her today, I was making that statement in case there were people who are still unconvinced for some reason.

Final vote locations:
vis-pushed lawpy, meats, strog, mkg
cyndia- pushed alley, cubs, strog, pippy
meats- pushed Lawpy, cyndia, strog, mkg
cubs- pushed samac, samac, missed, cyndia
dubz- pushed alley, cubs, meats, mkg
cray- pushed AM, zenge, strog, mkg
bob- pushed mkg, lawpy, AM, meat/cyndia

My thoughts:
Day 3 strog has majority but easy bus for cred
Vis seems legit with content and votes
Dubz- seems quietly most village and despite deep wolf concerns for somebody, I'm willing to say game well played if wolf
Mkg vote seemed bad/opportunistic in real time and retrospect
Cray seems quieter than normal (which I find impossible so maybe it is perception) and I really don't like mkg and zenge votes (I need to go back and see who they were pushing before dying)
Cubs tunneled on samac/cyndia, maybe that genny was checked out with irl stuff (but I was thinking she had PR type info until she subbed out and PR's not in game- safe assumption?)
Cyndia- nothing from votes, samac slight pingy early but maybe meta, less from cyndia
Replying so I have this in my post history to refer back to. Also @WildZoo is wolf genny or village genny more likely to tunnel like that? I didn’t see the genny sus before but I have no genny reading card and it’s making me :unsure::unsure: that cubs and genny have the same tunnel... there’s not much of a reason for subbing villagers to have more similar reads to their predecssor than they would to any random villager. The only piece of info they share unless there’s mechanics at work is that their role is village. Wolves meanwhile have the motive to “read” someone the same

Reactions: 3 users
I don't think that's really fair. She does explain things when asked. No one asked her to explain while she was alive.

Was just stressing the point of how shes always very cryptic. In this particular instance she didnt elaborate at all although maybe she was planning to. She did put out the trackers. Wasnt meant in any negative personal way. Point being ive had a village read on her all game, so I trust her reads, but im also not going to just blindly vote for "outted" VMH without trying to figure out what she was seeing. Maybe you can help more with that part.

• Hmm
Tryna catch up at busy work btw sorry im late. I hope pippy has some good replies

@Crayola227
@vetmedhead
@cubsrule4e
@Viscernable
Vanilla here

I had the same feeling at the time, my intuition was that there was 1 wolf between pippy samac and z

Replying so I have this in my post history to refer back to. Also @WildZoo is wolf genny or village genny more likely to tunnel like that? I didn’t see the genny sus before but I have no genny reading card and it’s making me :unsure::unsure: that cubs and genny have the same tunnel... there’s not much of a reason for subbing villagers to have more similar reads to their predecssor than they would to any random villager. The only piece of info they share unless there’s mechanics at work is that their role is village. Wolves meanwhile have the motive to “read” someone the same

Unfortunately I cant come in knowing what genny was thinking and she didnt put much on the thread. All I can do is explain my thinking. I do tend to tunnel, and I will continue to vote in the same place unless there becomes overwhelming evidence to switch (pippy in this case). If pippy flips wolf, that takes some heat off of cyndia for me, and I might start looking more in the VMH or Bob direction. Have no real wolf points on you and Cray can be sneaky, and some of the VCA looks bad on her but not a priority for me right now.

• Hmm
Well that was quick. I did want to get pippy’s responses to my 3 questions before deciding she’s the wolf between her and dubz but it’s too late to keep waiting and hoping she’ll show up. No out-of-game shade btw i get being busy.

In the hours up to EOD4, my rereading and Dubz’s discussion had me pretty convinced Pippy is the wolf of the two. Dubz very vocally pushing for a pippy yeet today, right around vote close when wolves were presumably choosing a NK, was frightening, though. I intentionally didn’t explicitly say I’d fallen to the “Pippy is wolf” side of my dubz vs pippy debate because i didn’t want to leave her as “oh okay the obvious misyeet tomorrow no need to kill the watcher tonight”. But I get Dubz wanting to make sure we were all on the same page in case she died.

I can’t see AM being the kill choice in a game with an outed watcher and exactly one obvious villager leading into mylo. Why risk being watched killing the obvious kill choice when we’re going into mylo at least a few sketchball villagers (most notably pippy in this hypothetical but a lot of us are sketchy) it would be easy to misyeet?

yeet pippy

@Crayola227 it was on D1 while Strog was getting yeeted. As soon as I moved my vote off of alley to tie it up between samac, Strog, and alley, samac said "I don't like that at all". It was the first time two wolves were on the board.

@Crayola227 it was on D1 while Strog was getting yeeted. As soon as I moved my vote off of alley to tie it up between samac, Strog, and alley, samac said "I don't like that at all". It was the first time two wolves were on the board.

Yeah that's weak. Just went back to look and Samac was clearly referring to disliking the tie which she mentions in response to you shortly after.

Did you really feel that AM was at threat. Not that it matters, a vote is a vote. Most importantly, if you can’t see why I voted AM after how she was treating me, then I can’t explain it anymore. Not only did it seem she was focused on minutiae but it felt rude as well.
Surely you can see someone giving AM a salt vote and read her as wolfy with her meta. I’m worried you are driving a separate narrative. If you didn’t like that and read it as wolf, how do you read Mayo/cray with the interaction with AM? Was that wolfy?

Sorry y'all, I'm caught up, just spent all day trying to get my kitchen to a functional state and having maintenance people in and out because some of my appliances broke and still can't be fixed because they don't have the right parts 🙃

that being said, despite my historical reticence, pippy is obviously top of the list today and not worth discussing further beyond yeeting her and seeing the flip. I agree it's super suspicious for her to have a PR, still be alive at this point, and to not have watched AM (or someone of similar thread profile) last night
vote pippy

Visc is moving down my list more and more each day into village reads, also in village reads atm are dubz and cray.

Really leaves me with samacyndia, cubsenny, and bob on my wolfier leans, with those listed in descending order

Bob is still tricky to me, I haven't played with him much so I find him hard to read