Medical School Admissions for Fall 2018 deadlines Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor_crane

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a problem. I'm an Arkansas student, but a Texas resident. I'm applying for medical school this summer. However, my premedical advisory committee works to get people into Arkansas medical schools, so they do not make my premedical committee letter until October (Arkansas medical schools do not review applications until after the deadline). For rolling admissions schools, which is like every school in Texas I think, I will be a late applicant if I apply in October.

I'm taking the MCAT on May 13th.

Any advice here? Can I still apply without the letter? Will I have to take a gap year to go to a Texas school? Anyone know of Texas schools that are not rolling admission schools?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have a problem. I'm an Arkansas student, but a Texas resident. I'm applying for medical school this summer. However, my premedical advisory committee works to get people into Arkansas medical schools, so they do not make my premedical committee letter until October (Arkansas medical schools do not review applications until after the deadline). For rolling admissions schools, which is like every school in Texas I think, I will be a late applicant if I apply in October.

Because of this, I'm taking the MCAT on June 30th so I have my MCAT scores by August for the premed committee. (my rationale is that it is pointless to take the MCAT in May because I will not get my committee letter any time soon anyway...

Any advice here? Can I still apply without the letter? Will I have to take a gap year to go to a Texas school? Anyone know of Texas schools that are not rolling admission schools?

Thank you!

I don't think the committee letter is as mandatory as people make it out to be. Texas resident here with multiple IIs and no letter. If they can't accommodate you for Texas, apply to TMDSAS without the letter.

Reactions: 1 user