New Med School In Long Island: Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NiNfus21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you know about the new Medical School in Long Island, NY. I heard it is going to start recruiting students for next year 2011. As A Long-Islander I am highly interested. But I have no idea about the requirements and expectations

Hofstra University
North Shore- LIJ Health
link: http://medicine.hofstra.edu/

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like they will be accepting applications this upcoming cyle for Fall 2011 entry. Can anyone else confirm?

Wow, I have no idea either. I bet the schools probably doesn't have any idea itself lol. i am going to apply here as well 2011 cycle.

Know any other med school that's going to open for 2011?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yips Sounds like they will be accepting applications this upcoming cyle for Fall 2011 entry. Can anyone else confirm?

Yes, thats what I've heard too

I am from California and I had no idea that UC Riverside was in the process of building a medical school. Crazy.

Im i my junior year at Hofstra, and we just had a Health Professions Night with the Associate Dean of Hofstra SOM, and it sounded pretty... sketchy/weird? It's not like traditional med schools, they will be doing a mixture of classes along with rotations the first 4 years. Residency at North Shore LIJ, the partnering hospital, is not guaranteed. Only 30 students first class, and supposedly, all of the Hofstra HPI students have a "guaranteed seat", being there are 50-60 of us here, some might be heartbroken! From what I heard from professors and advisors and other professionals, most students admitted will be Hofstra students.

Has anyone heard if they will be taking applications this year?

Im i my junior year at Hofstra, and we just had a Health Professions Night with the Associate Dean of Hofstra SOM, and it sounded pretty... sketchy/weird? It's not like traditional med schools, they will be doing a mixture of classes along with rotations the first 4 years. Residency at North Shore LIJ, the partnering hospital, is not guaranteed. Only 30 students first class, and supposedly, all of the Hofstra HPI students have a "guaranteed seat", being there are 50-60 of us here, some might be heartbroken! From what I heard from professors and advisors and other professionals, most students admitted will be Hofstra students.

Why would it be guaranteed? You have to participate in the match like everybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.