-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 NYU, Long Island
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
scerevisiae
Full Member
I think someone reported earlier that they were just "final consideration" and not top pool..? Could be mistakenman I cant believe they actually have a top pool within the final pool lmao I feel stupid for refusing to believe it earlier
mizzfoshiz
Full Member
😵 the plot thickensI think someone reported earlier that they were just "final consideration" and not top pool..? Could be mistaken
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m at work and can barely focus smh
Why would they even bother sending the final pool vs top pool if you weren’t truly being considered for a place in the class! Don’t count yourself out. Take a look at the Mayo thread and see how many people have been accepted this week that did not receive Mayo’s version of the “top pool” email. Stay positive friends 🙂man I cant believe they actually have a top pool within the final pool lmao I feel stupid for refusing to believe it earlier
Wait there was a top pool? Guess I’m on the waitlist lol
premed11801
Full Member
How many people do they waitlist?
My best guess is all of us in final consideration/top pool/still holding out hope who don’t receive an A will be getting a a WL. According to MSAR last year 14/24 spots were filled from the waitlist. Still very few people but, considering over half the class was pulled off WL last year means that today isn’t necessarily the end of the NYU LISOM dream even if you don’t receive a phone call.How many people do they waitlist?
beepbeep197
Full Member
I agree... just why have a "final consideration" pool and a "top pool" if we are not being considered at the same level as other applicants. so unnecessary and misleading and also inconsiderate to the people on hold. Why have all these different post-interview applicant pools when the class is TINY and you need like, 60 people total to be considered and be fully safe for having a full classMy best guess is all of us in final consideration/top pool/still holding out hope who don’t receive an A will be getting a a WL. According to MSAR last year 14/24 spots were filled from the waitlist. Still very few people but, considering over half the class was pulled off WL last year means that today isn’t necessarily the end of the NYU LISOM dream even if you don’t receive a phone call.
beepbeep197
Full Member
also my lemon curd did not solidify in the fridge. so that explains my emotions rn. also if anyone has any tips please lmk
banksys_bupropion
Full Member
i mean a lemon smoothie sounds deliciousalso my lemon curd did not solidify in the fridge. so that explains my emotions rn. also if anyone has any tips please lmk
beepbeep197
Full Member
it has eggsi mean a lemon smoothie sounds delicious
banksys_bupropion
Full Member
i said what i saidit has eggs
beepbeep197
Full Member
banksys drinks omelettes, everyonei said what i said
Did it thicken well last night? It may be undercooked. You can reheat and cook longer. If that’s not it you can try adding another egg yolk and cook again.also my lemon curd did not solidify in the fridge. so that explains my emotions rn. also if anyone has any tips please lmk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
Yeah so last night I cooked it until it coated the back of a spoon, like 15 min. I put it in the fridge with Saran Wrap directly on the surface of the curd. This morning, the top layer was very thick (like butter) and underneath it the texture was still liquid. I recooked it for an additional 25 minutes, and now I'm letting it cool at room temp before putting it in the fridge. hopefully it works out better this time.Did it thicken well last night? It may be undercooked. You can reheat and cook longer. If that’s not it you can try adding another egg yolk and cook again.
Rooting for you and the curd! Keep me updated!Yeah so last night I cooked it until it coated the back of a spoon, like 15 min. I put it in the fridge with Saran Wrap directly on the surface of the curd. This morning, the top layer was very thick (like butter) and underneath it the texture was still liquid. I recooked it for an additional 25 minutes, and now I'm letting it cool at room temp before putting it in the fridge. hopefully it works out better this time.
scerevisiae
Full Member
Either that or they're on lunch breakdo we think they finished calls for today?
beepbeep197
Full Member
maybe they are taking an extended lunch break... or everyone else getting calls is not on SDN. Maybe there will be more calls tomorrow bc there are extremely few IM/peds reported (isn't it like 1 each?) . 1 Surg and 1 obgyn is decent representation for SDN, but everything else is a little low!do we think they finished calls for today?
IncomingMD
Full Member
Why are the calls 10-15min long?
banksys_bupropion
Full Member
I think they’re 10-15 min *apart*, or were this morning? but idk i didn’t get one so i should probably stop talking lolWhy are the calls 10-15min long?
IncomingMD
Full Member
Ahahahahahah ty!I think they’re 10-15 min *apart*, or were this morning? but idk i didn’t get one so i should probably stop talking lol
It's been pretty quiet now. rip.
it's freaking me outIt's been pretty quiet now. rip.
sameit's freaking me out
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Woke up at 12 pm with no SDN notifications from this thread and thought damn I guess no decisions then. And then I opened it for fun and LOL. I guess I should just sleep some more to drown the pain
banksys_bupropion
Full Member
Yeah i slept late on purpose but not late enough it seemsWoke up at 12 pm with no SDN notifications from this thread and thought damn I guess no decisions then. And then I opened it for fun and LOL. I guess I should just sleep some more to drown the pain
why aren't they calling 😵 please LISOM just rip the bandaid off!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
siloaddict
Full Member
I am losing hope ):
no!!! we must be positive! I don't think it's over yetI am losing hope ):
banksys_bupropion
Full Member
but having hope makes it feel worse when they reject me 😔no!!! we must be positive! I don't think it's over yet
NGL, this hurts. Especially after seeing that admissions offer on the portal, I was so dang excited. Not sure what else to say.
beepbeep197
Full Member
I feel you 100%NGL, this hurts. Especially after seeing that admissions offer on the portal, I was so dang excited. Not sure what else to say.
beepbeep197
Full Member
Maybe they are done for the day. it's been quiet for too long.
beepbeep197
Full Member
I feel this. It's so exciting to watch other people have their dreams come true and on the other hand I'm like... why not mine 😭but having hope makes it feel worse when they reject me 😔
banksys_bupropion
Full Member
well in my case it’s probably bc my MCAT sucks by med school standards and I barely filtered my unhinged homosexual commie energy during the ‘view so i guess i can understand why my dreams aren’t manifestingI feel this. It's so exciting to watch other people have their dreams come true and on the other hand I'm like... why not mine 😭
beepbeep197
Full Member
okay that second part has me on the floor bc during every single one of my interviews I had to actively restrain myself from talking about how American biomedicine was founded in racism and how that manifests in practice today... anyways. there are pros AND cons to majoring in the social sciences...well in my case it’s probably bc my MCAT sucks by med school standards and I barely filtered my unhinged homosexual commie energy during the ‘view so i guess i can understand why my dreams aren’t manifesting
but in a more serious note. You got interviews. That means that your application made it past the cut that rules out 80-90% of applicants. You are clearly an INCREDIBLE applicant with a powerful narrative, and also based on your presence in this thread, a lovely human with a strong vision for themself. The minute I see you in a thread (this or another) say you got that A I'm popping fake champagne. I can't wait for you to become a physician and your future patients are going to be so lucky to be under your care.
banksys_bupropion
Full Member
Thank you, love. Rooting for you too.okay that second part has me on the floor bc during every single one of my interviews I had to actively restrain myself from talking about how American biomedicine was founded in racism and how that manifests in practice today... anyways. there are pros AND cons to majoring in the social sciences...
but in a more serious note. You got interviews. That means that your application made it past the cut that rules out 80-90% of applicants. You are clearly an INCREDIBLE applicant with a powerful narrative, and also based on your presence in this thread, a lovely human with a strong vision for themself. The minute I see you in a thread (this or another) say you got that A I'm popping fake champagne. I can't wait for you to become a physician and your future patients are going to be so lucky to be under your care.
mizzfoshiz
Full Member
panik
+1!panik
siloaddict
Full Member
crying
scerevisiae
Full Member
mecrying
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
I really hope we all at least get an answer tomorrow whether it is R or WL
beepbeep197
Full Member
scerevisiae
Full Member
like is everyone just not on SDN or are they actually spreading it out over two days 🧐
siloaddict
Full Member
I would like to think more people are on SDN, but about 6 reported news... so thats 1/4 of the class, which is pretty okay. Not everyone is on here like us ):like is everyone just not on SDN or are they actually spreading it out over two days 🧐
siloaddict
Full Member
When should we give up hope? ):