2021-2022 NYU, Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a SPAM CALL just now. Why

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
man I cant believe they actually have a top pool within the final pool lmao I feel stupid for refusing to believe it earlier
I think someone reported earlier that they were just "final consideration" and not top pool..? Could be mistaken

Members don't see this ad :)
man I cant believe they actually have a top pool within the final pool lmao I feel stupid for refusing to believe it earlier
Why would they even bother sending the final pool vs top pool if you weren’t truly being considered for a place in the class! Don’t count yourself out. Take a look at the Mayo thread and see how many people have been accepted this week that did not receive Mayo’s version of the “top pool” email. Stay positive friends :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
How many people do they waitlist?
My best guess is all of us in final consideration/top pool/still holding out hope who don’t receive an A will be getting a a WL. According to MSAR last year 14/24 spots were filled from the waitlist. Still very few people but, considering over half the class was pulled off WL last year means that today isn’t necessarily the end of the NYU LISOM dream even if you don’t receive a phone call.

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
My best guess is all of us in final consideration/top pool/still holding out hope who don’t receive an A will be getting a a WL. According to MSAR last year 14/24 spots were filled from the waitlist. Still very few people but, considering over half the class was pulled off WL last year means that today isn’t necessarily the end of the NYU LISOM dream even if you don’t receive a phone call.
I agree... just why have a "final consideration" pool and a "top pool" if we are not being considered at the same level as other applicants. so unnecessary and misleading and also inconsiderate to the people on hold. Why have all these different post-interview applicant pools when the class is TINY and you need like, 60 people total to be considered and be fully safe for having a full class

Reactions: 1 users
also my lemon curd did not solidify in the fridge. so that explains my emotions rn. also if anyone has any tips please lmk

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
also my lemon curd did not solidify in the fridge. so that explains my emotions rn. also if anyone has any tips please lmk
Did it thicken well last night? It may be undercooked. You can reheat and cook longer. If that’s not it you can try adding another egg yolk and cook again.

• Love
Did it thicken well last night? It may be undercooked. You can reheat and cook longer. If that’s not it you can try adding another egg yolk and cook again.
Yeah so last night I cooked it until it coated the back of a spoon, like 15 min. I put it in the fridge with Saran Wrap directly on the surface of the curd. This morning, the top layer was very thick (like butter) and underneath it the texture was still liquid. I recooked it for an additional 25 minutes, and now I'm letting it cool at room temp before putting it in the fridge. hopefully it works out better this time.

Yeah so last night I cooked it until it coated the back of a spoon, like 15 min. I put it in the fridge with Saran Wrap directly on the surface of the curd. This morning, the top layer was very thick (like butter) and underneath it the texture was still liquid. I recooked it for an additional 25 minutes, and now I'm letting it cool at room temp before putting it in the fridge. hopefully it works out better this time.
Rooting for you and the curd! Keep me updated!

• Love
do we think they finished calls for today?
maybe they are taking an extended lunch break... or everyone else getting calls is not on SDN. Maybe there will be more calls tomorrow bc there are extremely few IM/peds reported (isn't it like 1 each?) . 1 Surg and 1 obgyn is decent representation for SDN, but everything else is a little low!

yeah I counted 2 for IM, 1 for everything else

Woke up at 12 pm with no SDN notifications from this thread and thought damn I guess no decisions then. And then I opened it for fun and LOL. I guess I should just sleep some more to drown the pain

Woke up at 12 pm with no SDN notifications from this thread and thought damn I guess no decisions then. And then I opened it for fun and LOL. I guess I should just sleep some more to drown the pain
Yeah i slept late on purpose but not late enough it seems

why aren't they calling o_O please LISOM just rip the bandaid off!

NGL, this hurts. Especially after seeing that admissions offer on the portal, I was so dang excited. Not sure what else to say.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Maybe they are done for the day. it's been quiet for too long.

I feel this. It's so exciting to watch other people have their dreams come true and on the other hand I'm like... why not mine 😭
well in my case it’s probably bc my MCAT sucks by med school standards and I barely filtered my unhinged homosexual commie energy during the ‘view so i guess i can understand why my dreams aren’t manifesting

• Care
well in my case it’s probably bc my MCAT sucks by med school standards and I barely filtered my unhinged homosexual commie energy during the ‘view so i guess i can understand why my dreams aren’t manifesting
okay that second part has me on the floor bc during every single one of my interviews I had to actively restrain myself from talking about how American biomedicine was founded in racism and how that manifests in practice today... anyways. there are pros AND cons to majoring in the social sciences...

but in a more serious note. You got interviews. That means that your application made it past the cut that rules out 80-90% of applicants. You are clearly an INCREDIBLE applicant with a powerful narrative, and also based on your presence in this thread, a lovely human with a strong vision for themself. The minute I see you in a thread (this or another) say you got that A I'm popping fake champagne. I can't wait for you to become a physician and your future patients are going to be so lucky to be under your care.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
okay that second part has me on the floor bc during every single one of my interviews I had to actively restrain myself from talking about how American biomedicine was founded in racism and how that manifests in practice today... anyways. there are pros AND cons to majoring in the social sciences...

but in a more serious note. You got interviews. That means that your application made it past the cut that rules out 80-90% of applicants. You are clearly an INCREDIBLE applicant with a powerful narrative, and also based on your presence in this thread, a lovely human with a strong vision for themself. The minute I see you in a thread (this or another) say you got that A I'm popping fake champagne. I can't wait for you to become a physician and your future patients are going to be so lucky to be under your care.
Thank you, love. Rooting for you too.

• Care
I really hope we all at least get an answer tomorrow whether it is R or WL

There is still hope 🤡
1644954811768.png

there is still hope

like is everyone just not on SDN or are they actually spreading it out over two days 🧐

like is everyone just not on SDN or are they actually spreading it out over two days 🧐
I would like to think more people are on SDN, but about 6 reported news... so thats 1/4 of the class, which is pretty okay. Not everyone is on here like us ):