2021-2022 NYU, Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m on the WL for IM and did not get the email. Did you guys send updates or letters of interest?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
…did anyone else not get the email? feeling left out lmao
Subject said waitlist update and they did mention that they still considered me as a very strong applicant. I also expected this to be for all, but I CAN see them doing another one of their cuts also.
I did send them a letter of intent a while ago.

Reactions: 1 users
surgery, didnt get one. I hate things like this. Giving some applicants false hope and others despair. As if the letter in admissions portal fiasco and cruel info session for final pool applicants wasnt enough

surgery, didnt get one. I hate things like this. Giving some applicants false hope and others despair. As if the letter in admissions portal fiasco and cruel info session for final pool applicants wasnt enough
right like wtf 😭 now im agonizing over it and for why

beepbeep is back to say that I am SO SORRY that even post decisions NYULI is putting applicants through it. Like why tf is the school doing stuff like this it is so unnecessary. Playing games like a high school boyfriend for real. I am so sorry for real. Best of luck to you all 💚

• Care
Applied Ob/Gyn and didn’t get the email either. Assuming this just means a spot hasn’t opened up..?

Are they going to give out acceptances as seats open up or do them in waves? By this time last year there was already some WL movement, but none reported at all this year :unsure::confused:

Are they going to give out acceptances as seats open up or do them in waves? By this time last year there was already some WL movement, but none reported at all this year :unsure::confused:
Good question. Considering the class size, I would imagine they would go as they open up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm very surprised there hasn't been any WL movement yet :(

Do you guys think they will let us know once WL movement happens? I know last year they tweeted.

• Wow
Do you guys think they will let us know once WL movement happens? I know last year they tweeted.
I think so. They are usually pretty transparent about WL movement, which is why I think it hasn’t started yet. They’re probably deciding on who to pull off of the WL.

They just tweeted about CTE day. Would anyone be willing to email the office to ask what's up with WL movement? lol

• Care
GUYS IT IS REAL!! GOT PULLED OFF THE WL!! IM applicant.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I am talking to my other As. There is a possibility I will withdraw from here (IM). I'll keep you guys posted.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Do you think applying late here (September 7 complete date) is a death sentence?

I understand that you want to have your app in as early as possible but does Sept 7th put you in the SOL pile?

Do you think applying late here (September 7 complete date) is a death sentence?

I understand that you want to have your app in as early as possible but does Sept 7th put you in the SOL pile?
I applied later than that and got an II

Last edited:
Any idea if either of the OB/GYN spots will be withdrawing?
I haven’t been accepted to the fb group yet, so I have no idea other than what people reported here. If I find out, I will mention it here.

• Love
Accepted student here. Nothing pertaining to peoples waitlist decisions is reported in the groupme or fb group. People are pretty private about it.

Decision made guys. I will be emailing admissions tomorrow to withdraw my IM acceptance. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Decision made guys. I will be emailing admissions tomorrow to withdraw my IM acceptance. Good luck to everyone!
Congrats on making a decision and for opening up a seat for us on the WL. You’re going to be an amazing doctor wherever you go.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
FB group added 3 new members today. Yes, I know I’m neurotic.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone receive the second continued interest email?