You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 NYU, Long Island
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I also thought this was the case?Also got the email for surgery. I assumed it was generic and sent to everyone on the WL??
scerevisiae
Full Member
…did anyone else not get the email? feeling left out lmao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IncomingMD
Full Member
Subject said waitlist update and they did mention that they still considered me as a very strong applicant. I also expected this to be for all, but I CAN see them doing another one of their cuts also.…did anyone else not get the email? feeling left out lmao
I did send them a letter of intent a while ago.
I didn't get one. Applied surgery. Sent letter of intent a while back as well…did anyone else not get the email? feeling left out lmao
On IM WL. Also didn't get one yesterday.…did anyone else not get the email? feeling left out lmao
scerevisiae
Full Member
right like wtf 😭 now im agonizing over it and for whysurgery, didnt get one. I hate things like this. Giving some applicants false hope and others despair. As if the letter in admissions portal fiasco and cruel info session for final pool applicants wasnt enough
beepbeep197
Full Member
beepbeep is back to say that I am SO SORRY that even post decisions NYULI is putting applicants through it. Like why tf is the school doing stuff like this it is so unnecessary. Playing games like a high school boyfriend for real. I am so sorry for real. Best of luck to you all 💚
bluebunny13!
Full Member
Applied Ob/Gyn and didn’t get the email either. Assuming this just means a spot hasn’t opened up..?
scerevisiae
Full Member
Could be, but I applied to IM and other people got them 🙁 who knows what they actually mean except admin thoApplied Ob/Gyn and didn’t get the email either. Assuming this just means a spot hasn’t opened up..?
Are they going to give out acceptances as seats open up or do them in waves? By this time last year there was already some WL movement, but none reported at all this year 🤔😕
IncomingMD
Full Member
Good question. Considering the class size, I would imagine they would go as they open up.Are they going to give out acceptances as seats open up or do them in waves? By this time last year there was already some WL movement, but none reported at all this year 🤔😕
Any WL movement?
scerevisiae
Full Member
WL movement started 4/2 here last year 😩
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know!!! The wait is so tough. I'm thinking probably next week for movement since people are deciding through this weekend.WL movement started 4/2 here last year 😩
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
Withdrew my A for IM. I hope it goes to one of you!
IncomingMD
Full Member
Good luck! Mind saying where you are headed?Withdrew my A for IM. I hope it goes to one of you!
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
Thank you! Netter at Quinnipiac University. It was definitely difficult to let NYULISOM go! Best of luck with your journey!Good luck! Mind saying where you are headed?
Last edited:
IncomingMD
Full Member
Thanks! Congrats and good luck with everything!Thank you! Netter at Quinnipiac University. It was definitely difficult to let NYULISOM go! Best of luck with your journey!
Has anyone heard back today?
I'm very surprised there hasn't been any WL movement yet 🙁
scerevisiae
Full Member
I feel like last year it was pretty immediate after people withdrew that they filled spots too… brutal 🙁I'm very surprised there hasn't been any WL movement yet 🙁
Has anyone heard back today?
The class size is so small that it’s hard to remain anonymous if you were to post here about being pulled of the WL.I'm very surprised there hasn't been any WL movement yet 🙁
martyfunkhouser
New Member
Do you guys think they will let us know once WL movement happens? I know last year they tweeted.
I think so. They are usually pretty transparent about WL movement, which is why I think it hasn’t started yet. They’re probably deciding on who to pull off of the WL.Do you guys think they will let us know once WL movement happens? I know last year they tweeted.
They just tweeted about CTE day. Would anyone be willing to email the office to ask what's up with WL movement? lol
IncomingMD
Full Member
GUYS IT IS REAL!! GOT PULLED OFF THE WL!! IM applicant.
chimericantigenreceptor
Full Member
What’s up classmate 🥳GUYS IT IS REAL!! GOT PULLED OFF THE WL!! IM applicant.
Congrats fam!!!!!!!!!!!!!GUYS IT IS REAL!! GOT PULLED OFF THE WL!! IM applicant.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
martyfunkhouser
New Member
Ah so I guess this is it? There probably isn't any WL movement, correct?
IncomingMD
Full Member
I am talking to my other As. There is a possibility I will withdraw from here (IM). I'll keep you guys posted.
Do you think applying late here (September 7 complete date) is a death sentence?
I understand that you want to have your app in as early as possible but does Sept 7th put you in the SOL pile?
I understand that you want to have your app in as early as possible but does Sept 7th put you in the SOL pile?
mccartneys
Full Member
I applied later than that and got an IIDo you think applying late here (September 7 complete date) is a death sentence?
I understand that you want to have your app in as early as possible but does Sept 7th put you in the SOL pile?
Last edited:
bluebunny13!
Full Member
Any idea if either of the OB/GYN spots will be withdrawing?I am talking to my other As. There is a possibility I will withdraw from here (IM). I'll keep you guys posted.
IncomingMD
Full Member
I haven’t been accepted to the fb group yet, so I have no idea other than what people reported here. If I find out, I will mention it here.Any idea if either of the OB/GYN spots will be withdrawing?
bluebunny13!
Full Member
THANK YOUI haven’t been accepted to the fb group yet, so I have no idea other than what people reported here. If I find out, I will mention it here.
chimericantigenreceptor
Full Member
Accepted student here. Nothing pertaining to peoples waitlist decisions is reported in the groupme or fb group. People are pretty private about it.
IncomingMD
Full Member
Can you share the GroupMe link?Accepted student here. Nothing pertaining to peoples waitlist decisions is reported in the groupme or fb group. People are pretty private about it.
IncomingMD
Full Member
Decision made guys. I will be emailing admissions tomorrow to withdraw my IM acceptance. Good luck to everyone!
Congrats on making a decision and for opening up a seat for us on the WL. You’re going to be an amazing doctor wherever you go.Decision made guys. I will be emailing admissions tomorrow to withdraw my IM acceptance. Good luck to everyone!
IncomingMD
Full Member
Thank you so much!Congrats on making a decision and for opening up a seat for us on the WL. You’re going to be an amazing doctor wherever you go.
Have any SDN lurkers gotten off the WL?
FB group added 3 new members today. Yes, I know I’m neurotic.
apexd
New Member
Good luck with everything!! Do you mind sharing where you’re headed?Thank you so much!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IncomingMD
Full Member
NJMSGood luck with everything!! Do you mind sharing where you’re headed?
Any WL updates?
I think it’s over.Any WL updates?
Anyone receive the second continued interest email?
bluebunny13!
Full Member
lol I don’t even think I got the first oneAnyone receive the second continued interest email?