2021-2022 NYU, Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would like to think more people are on SDN, but about 6 reported news... so thats 1/4 of the class, which is pretty okay. Not everyone is on here like us ):
yeah... the 2/14 number for IM is the only thing that makes me think maybe calls will go out tomorrow. but yeah 25% is not bad for SDN representation. it just feels so sad that after 6 months of waiting... we hear nothing. so let down

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a spam call and had a heart attack 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I wish they'd let us know if more calls are coming tomorrow :(

• Care
Was in the "on hold for the final pool" and just got a rejection email.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
oh wow, I'm actually surprised they are sending out other decisions. Thank you for sharing, it's so hard to share bad news. I'm sorry it didn't work out here and best of luck for the rest of this cycle.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I’m sorry. I hope there’s some relief in having a decision but I know this is really hard and I appreciate you sharing. ❤️ Wishing you the best.

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected just now. Was in "top pool" GL to you all.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Long time lurker after getting the "on hold" status; I'm basically just here for all the drama RIP... Finally just got the post-II R (which was basically guaranteed after that acting station lol)
Good luck to all of you, I'm rooting for you!

• Care
Rejected just now. Was in "top pool" GL to you all.
Me too! Wow, was not expecting the immediate R. I guess it's nice not to be holding on to undue hope. GL everyone, it's been a pleasure

Members don't see this ad :)
Was in "top pool" and just got rejected via email. (See below).

Dear ___,

On behalf of the NYU Long Island School of Medicine (NYULISOM) Executive Admissions Committee, I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a spot in our next entering class.

NYULISOM utilizes a holistic review process by which balanced consideration is given to candidates' experiences, attributes and metrics when identifying those who possess the professional goals and personal attributes that best align with the mission of our unique medical education program. This year the applicant pool for our program was exceptionally qualified, and we were unable to offer acceptance to many highly motivated candidates such as yourself.

As these unprecedented and unpredictable times in healthcare continue, the need for highly qualified, compassionate, and inspired physicians has never been greater. Although we are unable to offer you the opportunity to pursue your goal of becoming a doctor at NYULISOM, we thank you for your interest in our program and wish you the best of luck on your journey towards medicine.

Sincerely,
Robin Camhi Baum, MS
Associate Dean, Admissions and Financial Aid
NYU Long Island School of Medicine

NYU Langone Health

• Care
Literally why have a "top pool" AND a On-Hold pool if you're not even going to waitlist the "top pool" people.... shows how big the pool was I guess

R by email :(
Guys, thanks so much for the support throughout today. I know you all will do great wherever you end up ❤️
Edit: regular final pool

Last edited:
  • Care
I can't believe they had the audacity to invite us to the financial aid webinar. Just plain R and no waitlist at all? Come on.

Just got the R email. It’s been a journey, y’all. Best wishes. When i write a scathing letter telling off this school for their bull**** then I’ll be sure to post it here 😘 congrats to those accepted and sending love to everyone.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just received rejection email. Was an early interviewer and received "final pool" email early on. Congrats to those that received A's today, and best of luck to those still waiting!! Y'all awesome

• Care
I can't believe they had the audacity to invite us to the financial aid webinar. Just plain R and no waitlist at all? Come on.
Yea I will say I am legit surprised by that. I thought for sure they would waitlist the whole final pool. Also feeling especially bad for those that got the fake acceptance letter --> rejection. This one will go down in history

Reactions: 4 users
Yea I will say I am legit surprised by that. I thought for sure they would waitlist the whole final pool. Also feeling especially bad for those that got the fake acceptance letter --> rejection. This one will go down in history
I really thought I would have gotten a WL shot

• Care
  • Sad
Also got the R by email. Was in the “final pool” this narrowing down pool thing really sucks. They just inch your hope up only to get it down. Wish they just did what all other schools do. But not feeling to bad bc I got an A to another top choice yesterday! I hope the same for all my R buddies. Enjoy the lemon curd and thanks for all the sleuthing. -long time lurker

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Offered waitlist, but I think I'll be declining. Congrats to those accepted; best of luck to everyone! It's been a ride :D

edit: applied surgery, received 'final consideration' post-II.

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected. Final Pool. ... It has been fun everyone. One of the most enjoyable subs in SDN. Onto bigger and better things! Good luck to you all :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users