2021-2022 NYU, Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Offered waitlist, but I think I'll be declining. Congrats to those accepted; best of luck to everyone! It's been a ride :D

edit: applied surgery, received 'final consideration' post-II.
+1 to the surgery WL, any other surgery folks out there?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any information out there regarding how many people ended up waitlisted last year?

Waitlisted for IM, not in top pool. And wow I am kinda surprised people in the top pool got rejected?! Good luck to everyone and congrats on those As!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
WL, was “top pool” from early interview. Surg

Early interview, Top pool, fake acceptance -> WL 🙄 over it. I feel like I’ve been led on

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
R, top pool, applied OBGYN. Not even a WL, really???

I don't think I underperformed at all...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Rejected, surgery, regular pool. Good luck everyone!

• Care
WL, top pool, peds, IS. I interviewed in Oct and sent an update in Nov. Hope this helps folks.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those folks who had fake acceptance letter and got an R today:
1644962990278.png

• Haha
R, top pool, applied OBGYN. Not even a WL, really???

I don't think I underperformed at all...
I don't think this R is a sign of underperforming, just a sign of the crazy admissions process here. The fact that you made it to the top pool is a feat, at least we can move on!!

R, final pool, IM, did not get acceptance tab. was a great run

Coming back to say congrats to everyone accepted! If anyone withdraws their acceptance, plz post to let the rest of know of any possible WL movement, thank you!!! :)

Reactions: 8 users
Withdrew from the waitlist. Hopefully this moves someone up. Good luck to those who are in the running on the waitlist. You’re all going to be great doctors!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Withdrew from the waitlist. Hopefully this moves someone up. Good luck to those who are in the running on the waitlist. You’re all going to be great doctors!
Did you do this on the portal? I accepted the WL position but am now hoping to withdraw bc I heard back from another school and want others to be moved up.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
If anyone plans on withdrawing from OB/GYN please let a girl know 🙏

I got waitlisted for internal med and am not accepting the position! Good luck everyone!

• Care
What does that mean? In what order would they allocate spots to waitlisted candidates when those spots open?
It mostly means they don't want to tell us how they will choose to allocate spots to waitlisted candidates when spots open. With such a small class, they may choose an applicant off the waitlist who has a similar background/experiences/interests as the specific applicant who withdrew their acceptance in an attempt to keep the class "well balanced." As the start of classes approaches, they may offer the spot to applicants they think are most likely to accept (ie. live close by, letter of intent, etc) so they aren't scrambling and making multiple offers to fill one seat at the last minute. Or, it may just actually be ranked and they don't want to disclose that to us.

Based on last year's thread, it seems like WL movement will happen around the beginning of April. But the 2019-2020 thread shows WL movement at the end of April - does anyone have other insights about WL movement here? :D

Based on last year's thread, it seems like WL movement will happen around the beginning of April. But the 2019-2020 thread shows WL movement at the end of April - does anyone have other insights about WL movement here? :D
I would guess end of April because that's when commit to enroll takes place.

Accepted student here
Just to offer some insight- it seems that the kids considering other schools will be waiting until after the April 30th deadline to make their decision. So I’d guess late April / may for movement

Accepted student here
Just to offer some insight- it seems that the kids considering other schools will be waiting until after the April 30th deadline to make their decision. So I’d guess late April / may for movement
Really appreciate the update. Thank you.

Which of the tracks are the least competitive?
I'm a prospective applicant who's interested in med-peds or women's health (so maybe ob? or IM + fellowship), but I haven't decided which of IM, Peds, or OB to apply to yet.

Also, are interviews given on a rolling basis, even during or after labor weekend?

Which of the tracks are the least competitive?
I'm a prospective applicant who's interested in med-peds or women's health (so maybe ob? or IM + fellowship), but I haven't decided which of IM, Peds, or OB to apply to yet.

Also, are interviews given on a rolling basis, even during or after labor weekend?
At least this year OB only had two spots. I think IM had the most spots at 14. I can’t speak to how many people applied to each track but I probably wouldn’t choose OB if you’re undecided.

At least this year OB only had two spots. I think IM had the most spots at 14. I can’t speak to how many people applied to each track but I probably wouldn’t choose OB if you’re undecided.
Thank you. Do you know how many peds spots there were?

I got a full tuition scholarship from another school, so I will most likely be withdrawing my WL soon.

• Love
Any surgery A's here that are 100% committed to NYU LISOM at this time?

Just got an email from them asking to confirm if still interested in case a seat opens up.

Also got the email for surgery. I assumed it was generic and sent to everyone on the WL??