NJMED vs. JEFFERSON

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lb114

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into NJMED and Jefferson. I have a hard time figuring out which one I like. I am a NJ resident...so going to UMDNJ would save me a lot of money but I also heard that Jefferson is a good school as well. Any advice?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

NJMS + money, no questions. you can wait it out for finaid, but the difference could be almost 20k a year

I was accepted into NJMED and Jefferson. I have a hard time figuring out which one I like. I am a NJ resident...so going to UMDNJ would save me a lot of money but I also heard that Jefferson is a good school as well. Any advice?
thanks.

Both schools are solid, so it really comes down to what you want. I personally got into NJMed, Jeff and a couple of other schools and opted to go to Jeff because I felt it was a much better fit for me and it's been great so far. If all things are equal for you, then go to NJMED to save money...school gets expensive pretty quickly, haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello rutgers06,

thanks for your advice. Would you be able to tell me specific things that you like at Jefferson and things that you don't like. I know you felt that Jefferson was a good fit for you but what made you choose it over NJMED?

for me, I think both schools are great but a lot of people are telling me to go to jefferson and an equal amount are telling me that NJMED is great and cost-effective. It is ofcourse up to me and I'm really stuck. Another question about Jefferson: Do you need a car for the first year?
thanks for your help.

You don't need a car at Jefferson for your first year. Public transportation is amazing from center city and parking is expensive.

I'm an NJMS MS1, and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the school (just PM me). As far as the ultimate decision, I agree with the other responders; if all aspects are equal to you, pick the school that costs the least. Regardless, however, you can't make a bad decision. Congrats on your acceptances!

Status
Not open for further replies.