2020-2021 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed and Dr. Callahan told me that many of the accepted applicants seem to be taking the CTE of 6/25 to put off making a final decision, so they aren’t able to admit anyone at this point in time. Hoping for movement after 6/25!!
that means they evidently have a full class. more than likely very little/no WL movement will occur here in that case. at least that’s what i means in my head

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
that means they evidently have a full class. more than likely very little/no WL movement will occur here in that case. at least that’s what i means in my head
Agreed. The class is currently full. Many students haven't CTE'd yet because they're not 100% committed to Jefferson. This means they're most likely waiting on other WLs that they're more interested in or they recently got off a WL at a different school and still have time before dropping down to one A.

Agreed. The class is currently full. Many students haven't CTE'd yet because they're not 100% committed to Jefferson. This means they're most likely waiting on other WLs that they're more interested in or they recently got off a WL at a different school and still have time before dropping down to one A.
It's just very interesting that SKMC has such an amazing yield, considering how expensive it is. Very strange.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you actually know if the class is full?

Yeah, also some people might just be waiting to CTE even though they know they're going to Jeff since there's no real need to until 6/25.

Do you actually know if the class is full?

It's definitely full in the sense that there are enough admitted applicants to fill the class, but a few more people might withdraw their acceptances if they get off a waitlist at a different school they'd rather go to before 6/25. A few accepted students in the groupme even said it themselves. It really just all depends on if/when people get off the waitlist at other schools so there could be some movement until 6/25.

"Jefferson has a lot of waitlist movement" they said 😭

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
"Jefferson has a lot of waitlist movement" they said 😭

this thread is heartbreaking rn

Don't give up hope just yet y'all ;( there'll surely be at least a few more seats opening up.

Also, if you go to the "Help me Decide" section of this forum, there's at least 1 student there who's likely to withdraw from Jeff for another school. There are most definitely others in similar positions.

Last edited:
Don't give up hope just yet y'all ;( there'll surely be at least a few more seats opening up.

Also, if you go to the "Help me Decide" section of this forum, there's at least 1 student there who's likely to withdraw from Jeff for another school. There are most definitely others in similar positions.
Keep the faith going!! The SKMC FB group has been steadily growing as well. Idk if it's all newly accepted students but some of them may be. Could be us next!

Edit: Also, there's a lot of new posts on the "Help Me Decide" section of other students with multiple As after May 1st...signs of another WL movement on the way (not specifically at Jeff, just overall)?? ;)

Last edited:
emailed dr. callahan, she said that as of now only half the class has actually CTE’ed. i don’t know if that means that eventually the other half won’t CTE but hopefully this information is useful to you all!

• Love
I got the call this morning, there's still hope guys!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Because I can't focus on my job while I wait in WL limbo, I looked up the accepted students facebook group and it says there were 17 new members this week....I'm hoping this means waitlist movement is happening and some of those people will turn down their offers

Also, if I'm still on the HPWL any insight into if I should send another update? I sent one after being WL-ed. I don't have any updates except some additional non-clinical volunteer hours that are pretty meaningless, but would it be helpful to reiterate my interest?

Because I can't focus on my job while I wait in WL limbo, I looked up the accepted students facebook group and it says there were 17 new members this week....I'm hoping this means waitlist movement is happening and some of those people will turn down their offers

Also, if I'm still on the HPWL any insight into if I should send another update? I sent one after being WL-ed. I don't have any updates except some additional non-clinical volunteer hours that are pretty meaningless, but would it be helpful to reiterate my interest?
People may not have joined the Facebook group until they decided which school they were going to commit to or they just got around to joining since we are entering summer and they need to start thinking about getting ready for classes. New Facebook group members doesn’t necessarily mean there’s been waitlist movement. So there maybe more acceptances still to come.

Anyone think there might be more movement after their June 25 CTE date?
I’m personally very confused as to how waitlist movement after this time will occur - despite being immensely hopefully that it will happen. Essentially all applicants have one acceptance now, right? So does that mean after the CTE deadline movement will only occur if people drop out or if a school is under-filled? I’m counting on this type of movement occurring but in terms of how it will happen, I’m completely lost...

I’m personally very confused as to how waitlist movement after this time will occur - despite being immensely hopefully that it will happen. Essentially all applicants have one acceptance now, right? So does that mean after the CTE deadline movement will only occur if people drop out or if a school is under-filled? I’m counting on this type of movement occurring but in terms of how it will happen, I’m completely lost...
I believe that people with As can remain on waitlists at other schools until their school's CTE deadline? So if they get pulled off a WL at a school they like more than their current A, they would give up their spot that they are currently holding & there would be room for WL movement to occur. So I think at this point WL movement basically has to trickle down from other schools' having movement

edit: so if my understanding is correct, WL movement would occur at a school after its CTE deadline if their accepted students got off WLs at different schools & left their class underfilled. Or something happens and an accepted student isn't able to start school this year/has to drop out.

How do we notify Jeff that we want to be removed from the HPWL? Tired of this school getting my hopes up and want to move on now lol

How do we notify Jeff that we want to be removed from the HPWL? Tired of this school getting my hopes up and want to move on now lol
Already essentially fully committed to another school.

I feel like I’ve earned this rejection from Jeff and from the other WLs I’m on. I’m not withdrawing until my CTE deadline. I just need closure lol, we have waited long enough to hear from these schools

Doesn’t seem like there has been any movement. Has anyone gotten off recently? The CTE date is the 25th. Grieving the death of any chance at this school has been hard but it’s time to accept reality. 😭

Does anyone else feel like Thomas Jefferson was selling us waitlist people a pipe dream? After the interview I felt like there was no chance I wasn’t going to get accepted because they went on and on about how everyone was chosen to interview for a reason, rejection rarely happens post interview, waitlist movement is huge, etc. Even the high priority waitlist email seemed very much like “we are going to accept you eventually, this is just a formality.” 🙃

• Hmm
Reactions: 8 users
I emailed clara, and she said the class is oversubscribed and they probably won't be taking anyone from the waitlist

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Dang, what’s oversubscribed??!!
I think they mean they overenrolled the class. They estimated more people would withdraw so they accepted more people than seats. This is a product of seemingly less waitlist movement than anticipated this year.

Dang. I feel very fortunate to get in a school, especially with how crazy this year has been. But I really loved this school. I hope to be able to do an away rotation or potentially residency here.

I emailed clara, and she said the class is oversubscribed and they probably won't be taking anyone from the waitlist
There’s been people who posted on here that they got accepted off the waitlist. Only a few but that still means they can’t be over enrolled.