-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
neurogirl923
New Member
It's been radio silence for me since I submitted my secondary. Jefferson is my top choice school, and I want to make that known to admissions, but I know the interview cycle is wrapping up very soon. Is there a point in me writing an update letter and/or calling admissions to see if I can make a connection?
brainperson1
Full Member
Yes definitely worth writing a letter!It's been radio silence for me since I submitted my secondary. Jefferson is my top choice school, and I want to make that known to admissions, but I know the interview cycle is wrapping up very soon. Is there a point in me writing an update letter and/or calling admissions to see if I can make a connection?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1126532
How does this school accept update letters? Via email as an attachment?
If you email it as an attachment they will add it to your file
How long did it take for people to get the letter in the mail after being accepted?
Like 2.5 weeks for meHow long did it take for people to get the letter in the mail after being accepted?
Ahh cool thanks she said next week a bit ago and I was confused bc haven’t gotten it yet makes me feel better lolLike 2.5 weeks for me
neuroticism101
Full Member
+1. Interviewed 2/16A 3/9. Interviewed 2/2.
hopefuldoctor26
Full Member
Congrats 🙂 when did u interview?Got the A!
Dunno about an outright excel sheet but the AAMC publishes that data every year:hey everyone, not sure where i saw this previously but there was an excel sheet going around with 2020-2021 WL movement, can someone share the link if they have it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MotorLover
Full Member
Manifesting a II here.I sent a second pre-II update on Monday and in prior communication from the school, they said "The interviewing process is September through April. We do accept updates and letters of interest if you would like to update the Committee on Admissions, they can be emailed along with your name and AMCAS ID. You can receive a response anytime from now until April 2022. "
So at this point, I would think why not send it in
D
deleted1126532
Manifesting a II here.
Same here
Yes this is what I was looking for, thank you!!Dunno about an outright excel sheet but the AAMC publishes that data every year:
They emailed accepted students with a link to the virtual second look in late april. Doesn't seem like there will be an in person one thoDoes anyone have information as to whether there will be an in-person second look this April, and when will it be?
maddandadd
Full Member
Awww it's my 6 month anniversary of being complete here. Almost forgot I applied. Thanks Kimmel.
Awww it's my 6 month anniversary of being complete here. Almost forgot I applied. Thanks Kimmel.
Same, I’m at over 8 months myself lmao
MotorLover
Full Member
Yeah I was complete 7.9 months ago
MSAR lists the CTE date by June 28When is Jefferson’s PTE and CTE deadlines? I could not find this information anywhere.
This^^^^. The universal date for PTE is 5/2. It cannot be before that date because schools have no way to check for compliance before AMCAS gives them the ability to run reports identifying their accepted and WL applicants, which happens to occur on 5/2 this year. Of course, the date could also be any time after that date, or none at all if the school isn't requiring it.MSAR lists the CTE date by June 28
Bottom line -- CTE dates vary widely and are set by each school. 6/28 for SKMC. The earliest possible date to require PTE is 4/30 (5/2 this year because 4/30 falls on a weekend) and most schools default to that because they need people who don't intend to come to let them know so they can start WL movement.
If in doubt and you cannot find the information from an official source, my advice is to ALWAYS check directly with the school, although my observations are that schools always remind people about upcoming deadlines that could impact their acceptance. Even now, because the 6/28 date is coming from MSAR, which is not always 100% accurate if things changed and the school didn't update it.
Last edited:
BothHey everyone for those who submitted Letters of Intent, did you send directly to Dr. LoSasso or the admissions committee email? Thanks!
Is anyone going to the skmc pre interview thing tonight and not able to be let in the zoom room?
Having the same issueIs anyone going to the skmc pre interview thing tonight and not able to be let in the zoom room?
ok glad it’s not just my computer 😅Having the same issue
NSGY_and_Coffee
Full Member
Same here: mine has been stuck on the 'Waiting for the host to start the meeting". I don't see any emails from SKMC either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email saying they are working on it!
pre-II R, good luck ppl!
When we’re you complete?pre-II R, good luck ppl!
pre-II R just now. Complete late July OOS.
1959LesPaul
Full Member
Oh lawd she comingpre-II R just now. Complete late July OOS.
brace yourself ladsOh lawd she coming
this aged really well.....Why don’t they just reject me at this point honestly
maddandadd
Full Member
Where's my R?!
you get an R and you get and R and you get an R
I wonder if any of us 2/23 interviewers will hear back today. They seem to release decisions on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Another R!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also R
early julyWhen we’re you complete?
stressed_premed_2022
Full Member
Pre-II R FINALLY thanks for putting me out of the misery of waiting 🥲✌️
flowerp0wer232
Full Member
Does this mean they're done sending out II's? I haven't gotten anything from them since being complete...
Haha yup got my R few hours later LOL not even upset I called itthis aged really well.....