2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those that interviewed and heard back, how long are admissions taking at this point of the cycle? They told us 1-6 weeks. This is my top choice so I am anxious lol.

Members don't see this ad.

A! got the call 30 mins ago! interviewed 2/9!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
A call as well, around 330 EST. Interviewed 1/26. IS, LM 72. I know waiting is tough, but also keep in mind they said decision timing isn't based on your likelihood or anything - simply when your interviewer goes to the Adcom meeting!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A!!! Got the call around 345 eastern. Such an incredible feeling! Interviewed 2/16

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
does anyone think Jeff is still sending out IIs? Wondering if it’s worth sending another update letter!

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone think Jeff is still sending out IIs? Wondering if it’s worth sending another update letter!
I sent a second pre-II update on Monday and in prior communication from the school, they said "The interviewing process is September through April. We do accept updates and letters of interest if you would like to update the Committee on Admissions, they can be emailed along with your name and AMCAS ID. You can receive a response anytime from now until April 2022. "

So at this point, I would think why not send it in

• Love
What happens 6 weeks after interview if no phone call of an A? Do they send an email about a waitlist/rejection?

It's been radio silence for me since I submitted my secondary. Jefferson is my top choice school, and I want to make that known to admissions, but I know the interview cycle is wrapping up very soon. Is there a point in me writing an update letter and/or calling admissions to see if I can make a connection?

Reactions: 2 users
It's been radio silence for me since I submitted my secondary. Jefferson is my top choice school, and I want to make that known to admissions, but I know the interview cycle is wrapping up very soon. Is there a point in me writing an update letter and/or calling admissions to see if I can make a connection?
Yes definitely worth writing a letter!

How does this school accept update letters? Via email as an attachment?

How long did it take for people to get the letter in the mail after being accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
A. Interviewed 2/9. Got the call around 2:30EST

• Love
hey everyone, not sure where i saw this previously but there was an excel sheet going around with 2020-2021 WL movement, can someone share the link if they have it?

I sent a second pre-II update on Monday and in prior communication from the school, they said "The interviewing process is September through April. We do accept updates and letters of interest if you would like to update the Committee on Admissions, they can be emailed along with your name and AMCAS ID. You can receive a response anytime from now until April 2022. "

So at this point, I would think why not send it in
Manifesting a II here.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have information as to whether there will be an in-person second look this April, and when will it be?
They emailed accepted students with a link to the virtual second look in late april. Doesn't seem like there will be an in person one tho

Awww it's my 6 month anniversary of being complete here. Almost forgot I applied. Thanks Kimmel.

Reactions: 5 users
MSAR lists the CTE date by June 28
This^^^^. The universal date for PTE is 5/2. It cannot be before that date because schools have no way to check for compliance before AMCAS gives them the ability to run reports identifying their accepted and WL applicants, which happens to occur on 5/2 this year. Of course, the date could also be any time after that date, or none at all if the school isn't requiring it.

Bottom line -- CTE dates vary widely and are set by each school. 6/28 for SKMC. The earliest possible date to require PTE is 4/30 (5/2 this year because 4/30 falls on a weekend) and most schools default to that because they need people who don't intend to come to let them know so they can start WL movement.

If in doubt and you cannot find the information from an official source, my advice is to ALWAYS check directly with the school, although my observations are that schools always remind people about upcoming deadlines that could impact their acceptance. Even now, because the 6/28 date is coming from MSAR, which is not always 100% accurate if things changed and the school didn't update it.

Last edited:
Hey everyone for those who submitted Letters of Intent, did you send directly to Dr. LoSasso or the admissions committee email? Thanks!

Is anyone going to the skmc pre interview thing tonight and not able to be let in the zoom room?

Same here: mine has been stuck on the 'Waiting for the host to start the meeting". I don't see any emails from SKMC either.

Why don’t they just reject me at this point honestly

Another Pre-II R wave. Geezum. Complete 6/29.

Where's my R?!

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN