2019-2020 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone on HPWL considering reaching out to their interviewer about being taken off? Seems like there's like 1 week left in the cycle...

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean there's one week left in the cycle??
The CTE date is sunday, but that doesn’t mean there wont be movement in July. It will be super small, but some will happen.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone had luck with Jeff matching financial aid? Very unexpectedly got accepted to another school w a generous aid package... Jeff is my top choice but it will be hard now to justify the significant cost difference..

Has anyone had luck with Jeff matching financial aid? Very unexpectedly got accepted to another school w a generous aid package... Jeff is my top choice but it will be hard now to justify the significant cost difference..
Do you think you will accept the other school?

Email financial aid, specifically Susan McFadden, who is SKMC financial aid director. They have historically matched some merit scholarships and this late in the game I would assume they’d be even more willing to. When Jeff accepts you, they truly want you. Her email: [email protected]. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Email financial aid, specifically Susan McFadden, who is SKMC financial aid director. They have historically matched some merit scholarships and this late in the game I would assume they’d be even more willing to. When Jeff accepts you, they truly want you. Her email: [email protected]. Good luck!!
Come to think of it, you might want to CC Dr. Callahan to that email because orientation is already in 3 weeks. She’s super sweet and wouldn’t be surprised if she and McFadden coordinate some of the effort to match aid

Members don't see this ad :)
would it be worth contacting anybody if I plan on moving from Philadelphia soon and need to find a lease (but don't want to should I potentially get off the waitlist?)

would it be worth contacting anybody if I plan on moving from Philadelphia soon and need to find a lease (but don't want to should I potentially get off the waitlist?)
I emailed Dr. C about this a week and a half ago and never got a response. I'd say it can't hurt, but I'm not sure anything will come out of it. Best of luck!

I emailed Dr. C about this a week and a half ago and never got a response. I'd say it can't hurt, but I'm not sure anything will come out of it. Best of luck!
Probably not. There’s less than a 2% chance of getting off the waitlist at this point

Tomorrow should be a big day...post CTE WL movement

In an email from Dean C, she quoted 6/28 as the big movement date...so idk!

Oh I’m so nervous...hopefully the class is no longer full and a bunch of us will get off the waitlist

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Oh I’m so nervous...hopefully the class is no longer full and a bunch of us will get of the waitlist
It looks like last year there was no real movement after CTE. Let’s hope something happens!

Sorry friends, it seems like I was wrong. I hope there are lots of happy phone calls tomorrow!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
That’s a good sign! Now if they could only tell us how much it’s moving hahahah

I did a week ago with some questions and reiterated my interest but didn't get a response. It's the first time she hasn't replied within a few days
They are probably busy as hell right now... She's usually super responsive lol

It is more than likely that the class filled up today, but all we can do is hope!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is more than likely that the class filled up today, but all we can do is hope!
"More than likely.. " , based on the assumption that they will accept WLers immediately following withdrawal of accepted applicants?

I think only Dr. Callahan knows exactly what’s happening. It would be good to know how many people committed right now. But it’s not likely there would be lots of seats open. Finger crossed

"More than likely.. " , based on the assumption that they will accept WLers immediately following withdrawal of accepted applicants?
Right, I'm hoping they'd need to see where they stand so they can demographically match who they pull to who they lost, to keep the class balanced as originally intended

Reactions: 2 users
Right, I'm hoping they'd need to see where they stand so they can demographically match who they pull to who they lost, to keep the class balanced as originally intended

Yes. I hope I'm wrong, but it would make sense that once one person withdraws, they would be making an A offer within 24 hours! Though I hope SuperBloom is right and that it takes time to balance out the class!

Everyone might not want to hear this... but the WL movement will likely trickle for the next 2 weeks. It really isn't over until the first day of classes. I think its a bit inappropriate to expect that we'd get answers within 24-48 hrs of the CTE deadline, given our country is literally in a raging pandemic right now. That's just my take.

Reactions: 2 users
Everyone might not want to hear this... but the WL movement will likely trickle for the next 2 weeks. It really isn't over until the first day of classes. I think its a bit inappropriate to expect that we'd get answers within 24-48 hrs of the CTE deadline, given our country is literally in a raging pandemic right now. That's just my take.
Thank you for this humbling reminder! I completely agree (although I wish we all got accepted!)

Daily ounce of hope: Adcom used to meet on Wednesdays during the year, perhaps that still holds!

Daily ounce of hope: Adcom used to meet on Wednesdays during the year, perhaps that still holds!
Hopefully! Just not knowing anything (when they meet, how many spots are open, when they’re accepting people) is killing me lol