2020-2021 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too, hopefully the committee is meeting today
FYI. The student interviewer informed during my interview on 3/24 the last and final admission committee meeting is on 4/14 . They are not meeting on 3/31 and 4/7 .

Reactions: 3 users
FYI. The student interviewer informed during my interview on 3/24 the last and final admission committee meeting is on 4/14 . They are not meeting on 3/31 and 4/7 .
Sorry - Quick question - did they specify that no meetings would be held in the interim or only that the final admission decisions would be made April 14th? Confused :) thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering why/how @poptarts5921 reported a HPWL on 3/31 then. Do they release HPWL/WL positions before?

Sorry - Quick question - did they specify that no meetings would be held in the interim or only that the final admission decisions would be made April 14th? Confused :) thanks!!
She told the next final and last committee meeting is on 4/14. My guess they did not meet last week and today .

Reactions: 1 users
Just got that R as well. Good luck to everyone still in the running.

Can anyone who has heard back share about what time of day Dean Callahan usually calls on Wednesdays?

If the last meeting is on 4/14, how is that they usually make WL movement decisions anywhere from late-April to mid-June?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A few questions for any current students maybe @mdapplicant2024 since youā€™ve been so helpful on this thread in the past
1) how does the class size affect things socially? Do you feel like itā€™s easy enough to make friends or do you feel like cliques form quickly?
2) are exams more lecture based or boards based? How necessary is it to actually go to lecture if you want to do well in terms of class rank?
3) what is your least favorite thing about Jeff? I feel like every student I talk to LOVES it which is clearly great, but I would like to hear some downsides too

would love anyoneā€™s opinion on these thanks so much in advance!
Bumping these questions thank you!

Just got HPWL email. I love this school so much, I really hope there is movement!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I sent a letter of intent to Dr Callahan and when I checked the portal it said it was uploaded as a letter of interest? Should I email admissions to make sure they didnā€™t confuse it? Cause I specifically said in the email ā€œletter of intentā€ and in the letter as well.
Also is it common to not receive a reply?

I sent a letter of intent to Dr Callahan and when I checked the portal it said it was uploaded as a letter of interest? Should I email admissions to make sure they didnā€™t confuse it? Cause I specifically said in the email ā€œletter of intentā€ and in the letter as well.
Also is it common to not receive a reply?
I sent one too and it was also uploaded as a letter of interest. I think that is just how they categorize them. Did you email Dr. Callahan directly? I know if you email the admissions email there is just the autoreply

Does anyone know what percentage is accepted off the waitlist, in particular the high priority waitlist? I tried to look on MSAR but realized my subscription just expired:confused:

Also is HPWL the post II decisions that most waitlisted applicants receive or does it hold some weight?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how clerkship grading works here? In particular, what if any limit is placed on the % of students who can earn Honors in a clerkship?

does anyone know if they've already awarded the full-tuition scholarship for URM?

Does Jefferson do merit aid? If so, does anyone know when to expect to hear back about it/if they've already awarded all those scholarships?

People who are going to the second look day, did they send you any information on the number of acceptances they gave out this year?

Does anyone have any indication of how/when/at what frequency applications are reviewed on the waitlist?

Reactions: 3 users
I'm on the waitlist but am really concerned since i have a commit to enroll date for another school on June 1. Does anyone have advice on what to tell admissions? I'm afraid asking them to hurry a bit will just cause them to send me an R

I'm on the waitlist but am really concerned since i have a commit to enroll date for another school on June 1. Does anyone have advice on what to tell admissions? I'm afraid asking them to hurry a bit will just cause them to send me an R
You have time. Just wait it out until the middle of May for WL-decisions to get rolling. If you do not hear anything until then, I'd recommend calling them and explaining your situation.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
You have time. Just wait it out until the middle of May for WL-decisions to get rolling. If you do not hear anything until then, I'd recommend calling them and explaining your situation.
Horrible advice. Let admissions know NOW Jeff is your #1 and explain your situation because our school lovesssss interest. They will never hold it against you to show interest and thereā€™s no such thing as rejecting you because you have a deadline. Thatā€™s absurd

Horrible advice. Let admissions know NOW Jeff is your #1 and explain your situation because our school lovesssss interest. They will never hold it against you to show interest and thereā€™s no such thing as rejecting you because you have a deadline. Thatā€™s absurd
Thanks for the information!