2019-2020 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I withdrew from HPWL on monday to CTE at another school, best of luck to you all!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Just removed my spot on the HPWL due to a CTE at my current acceptance today. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys notice anything different under your current status on the portal??

Same here! Wonder if it means anything, but may just be wishful thinking (?) does anyone have any thoughts?

Same here! Wonder if it means anything, but may just be wishful thinking (?) does anyone have any thoughts?

Mine disappeared as well. I can't imagine it means we're all getting accepted unfortunately.
If I had to guess, given the CTE date earlier this week, their class is full. I hope I'm wrong though.

Reactions: 1 users
Potentially Positive Spin: They spent the week deciding who to pull from the WL, locked in that list, and didn't want to lose anyone over the holiday weekend before they had a chance to make those acceptance calls. Fatally optimistic? Perhaps. But looking to keep my chin up during the cluster that is 2020.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Mine disappeared as well. I can't imagine it means we're all getting accepted unfortunately.
If I had to guess, given the CTE date earlier this week, their class is full. I hope I'm wrong though.
You might be right. Someone just mentioned to me that their class is full and that they're likely not taking anyone else off the WL. :shrug: Bummer. Good luck everyone on your upcoming plans. And be kind to yourselves.

Emailed Dr. Callahan earlier... she said there are no more spots :( Sorry, friends. It was great going through this journey with you! Good luck to all of you in your future plans!

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Emailed Dr. Callahan earlier... she said there are no more spots :( Sorry, friends. It was great going through this journey with you! Good luck to all of you in your future plans!
Can you take screen shot?

Hey guys, keep your chins up. I also emailed Dr. Callahan earlier and while she confirmed there are no spots currently, she also mentioned that they may have a couple open up on the 14th or if someone changes their mind. So best of luck, either in getting one of them or in reapplying, you got this!

Hey guys, keep your chins up. I also emailed Dr. Callahan earlier and while she confirmed there are no spots currently, she also mentioned that they may have a couple open up on the 14th or if someone changes their mind. So best of luck, either in getting one of them or in reapplying, you got this!
Wow! I guess we just wait for the next week and cross our fingers spots open up. Are you class of 2024 or also on the WL?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for letting us know!

Hopefully by some miracle or crazy luck someone from here still makes it in this year (since we never really know until we get that R):xf: otherwise thanks everyone for the support and being on this journey together :biglove: you all are smart ppl and you are all gonna be great doctors

Has anyone received any word from the admissions dept or dean this week?
All SKMC students got a start of the semester update email this week and one of the points said that the new incoming class is finalized

I think at the end of the day for all med schools anything can happen between now and their orientation/first day of classes. However, the magnitude of change (ie: someone coming off the waitlist at this point) is going to be like 1-2 people, if anything. I'm not saying anything official obviously, but to me that just makes the most sense.

I think at the end of the day for all med schools anything can happen between now and their orientation/first day of classes. However, the magnitude of change (ie: someone coming off the waitlist at this point) is going to be like 1-2 people, if anything. I'm not saying anything official obviously, but to me that just makes the most sense.
I think you're right. I think the class, for all intents and purposes, is finalized. The school has to communicate this to the accepted students.

One of my good friends got accepted today!! He doesn’t use sdn but I wanted to share to keep the hope alive and so you guys know some movement is still happening!

One of my good friends got accepted today!! He doesn’t use sdn but I wanted to share to keep the hope alive and so you guys know some movement is still happening!
Wow, that's fantastic! Are they on the HPWL?

The Dean explicitly told me, and a friend of mine, that the class is finalized and waitlist movement discontinued. So, I'm not sure why your friend would be getting off the WL this late?

Wow, that's fantastic! Are they on the HPWL?

The Dean explicitly told me, and a friend of mine, that the class is finalized and waitlist movement discontinued. So, I'm not sure why your friend would be getting off the WL this late?
Yes he was on HPWL! The reason they got off the WL so late is that there was an unexpected last minute drop out due to personal reasons! Those are rare but can still happen :) When I emailed the Dean previously when waiting to hear, she said they won’t know until the first day who shows up for registration. Might be some hope for Monday!

You’re not rejected until you’re rejected so idk why she told you it was discontinued lol. Otherwise we all would’ve gotten the R email

You’re not rejected until you’re rejected so idk why she told you it was discontinued lol. Otherwise we all would’ve gotten the R email
She basically said the "..class is full. sorry" She's been incredibly positive to me over the past few weeks, so this was kind of a 180 response I did not expect...

I'm interpreting this as "you're not being accepted" and to move on, which is strange then to hear an acceptance later in the day.

She basically said the "..class is full. sorry" She's been incredibly positive to me over the past few weeks, so this was kind of a 180 response I did not expect...

I'm interpreting this as "you're not being accepted" and to move on, which is strange then to hear an acceptance later in the day.

No one has a crystal ball for extenuating circumstances unfortunately. This would be something the applicant didn’t know about, let alone admissions, until last minute and notified. Not sure what else to tell you. Could be a million and one diff reasons why they chose him - who knows!

As a whole unless something unexpected happens, it’s probably safe to assume it’s complete - but unexpected doesn’t mean impossible :) Just trying to share what I know to help you all out as much as possible and wish everyone the best of luck! Best wishes everyone and I’m happy to help anyone reapplying!

Question for anyone who might be still on this thread!

I plan to submit my re-application AMCAS this weekend. I also plan to take 2 online science classes this fall. Does anyone know how this should be represented on my AMCAS? For example, should I put list them on my "Course Work" section? Or should I omit and then email the schools with updates of my grades in December?

Thanks all!

I plan to submit my re-application AMCAS this weekend. I also plan to take 2 online science classes this fall. Does anyone know how this should be represented on my AMCAS? For example, should I put list them on my "Course Work" section? Or should I omit and then email the schools with updates of my grades in December?

Thanks all!

Thanks all!
I was under the impression that you were supposed to put future coursework in that section. You can always update them later with the grades. Also, as you have already gone through the process once, you should know that you should start planning now with new activities that you can use as updates. You've been part of this thread as long as most of us have and you know as well as the rest of us that many of us got great news shortly after submitting strong updates. To prevent repeating the cycle, make sure you have some significant updates that can push you into the accepted category this year.

I personally was offered my interview to Jeff several hours after submitting my first update. I emailed Dr. C and both of my interviewers the day after my interview and had conversations that I believe strengthened my chances at getting accepted 3 weeks later. Jeff was not my top choice, but I was ultimately waitlisted at my top choice. My top choice was a school that strictly does not accept updates, but in a last-ditch effort 2 weeks before the CTE deadline, I sent them an email anyways with a significant update/plea for acceptance (haha). I was accepted a week later off of the waitlist, and there was virtually no other WL movement other than myself (literally only 8 people were pulled off the waitlist post-April 30). I don't know for sure if the update was the cause, but I am inclined to think it was. I felt that I had a strong application, but things ultimately turned out well for me because I made some strategic moves that seemed to work out in my favor.

We're all rooting for you @liblib2019!! I hope your cycle goes well!

Reactions: 4 users
I was under the impression that you were supposed to put future coursework in that section. You can always update them later with the grades. Also, as you have already gone through the process once, you should know that you should start planning now with new activities that you can use as updates. You've been part of this thread as long as most of us have and you know as well as the rest of us that many of us got great news shortly after submitting strong updates. To prevent repeating the cycle, make sure you have some significant updates that can push you into the accepted category this year.

I personally was offered my interview to Jeff several hours after submitting my first update. I emailed Dr. C and both of my interviewers the day after my interview and had conversations that I believe strengthened my chances at getting accepted 3 weeks later. Jeff was not my top choice, but I was ultimately waitlisted at my top choice. My top choice was a school that strictly does not accept updates, but in a last-ditch effort 2 weeks before the CTE deadline, I sent them an email anyways with a significant update/plea for acceptance (haha). I was accepted a week later off of the waitlist, and there was virtually no other WL movement other than myself (literally only 8 people were pulled off the waitlist post-April 30). I don't know for sure if the update was the cause, but I am inclined to think it was. I felt that I had a strong application, but things ultimately turned out well for me because I made some strategic moves that seemed to work out in my favor.

We're all rooting for you @liblib2019!! I hope your cycle goes well!
Thanks so much for this information! Could you DM me? I was wondering if I could ask your thoughts on a specific question, but can't message you directly.

Thanks all for the helpful feedback on this thread! I just had one additional question... For those who have multiple publications, how are you listing them on your AMCAS application?

Thanks so much for this information! Could you DM me? I was wondering if I could ask your thoughts on a specific question, but can't message you directly.
Can't seem to DM you either.. I just adjusted something in my settings, it may have fixed it. Let me know if you are able to message me now!