-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*
Started by mmmcdowe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Was it super simple and conversational? interviews like that are more meet and greet, and like, they were already about to accept you and just wanted to make sure you aren't some kind of sociopath.I think I bombed it since I felt like a nervous wreck but who knows. Everyone has been really nice.
At least that's how I felt about the DO interview I attended that was almost too chill...
Guys! What are your little tips to avoid getting sick- totally random but I'm curious. I'll go first:
-I try not to touch my face- like if my nose is itchy I always have tissue and even my eyes/mouth I try not to touch for no reason. I actually keep tissues in the kitchen for when onions/spices make my eyes/nose run/burn.
-I try to wash my hands before eating, but at my clinic it ends up being sanitizing and it's hard to make that work out at school for some reason. I try to eat using a knife/fork or hold a sandwich using it's wrapper.
Anyone else?
-I try not to touch my face- like if my nose is itchy I always have tissue and even my eyes/mouth I try not to touch for no reason. I actually keep tissues in the kitchen for when onions/spices make my eyes/nose run/burn.
-I try to wash my hands before eating, but at my clinic it ends up being sanitizing and it's hard to make that work out at school for some reason. I try to eat using a knife/fork or hold a sandwich using it's wrapper.
Anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1011020
Was it super simple and conversational? interviews like that are more meet and greet, and like, they were already about to accept you and just wanted to make sure you aren't some kind of sociopath.
At least that's how I felt about the DO interview I attended that was almost too chill...
He just seemed very, stoic? Im also not the smoothest orator. It was very cut and dry so it might have been that I had a rosier view of how the interview should have gone down.
Im just going to stop thinking about it and just move forward like if im rejected.
hELLO sdn. fIRST POST.
Hellu.hELLO sdn. fIRST POST.
@tessellations @MrsDrDr @Ms Procrastinator @Orangekiwi @Sunbodi @osamine @Shadowkeep @mwsapphire bump!
D
deleted1011020
@tessellations @MrsDrDr @Ms Procrastinator @Orangekiwi @Sunbodi @osamine @Shadowkeep @mwsapphire bump!
View attachment 295584
These comics are hilarous
hELLO sdn. fIRST POST.

Has anybody actually visited their old undergrad to hang out w/ friends? One of my old freinds is saying we should do that soon but do you actually go to campus or hang out somewhere else?
Has anybody actually visited their old undergrad to hang out w/ friends? One of my old freinds is saying we should do that soon but do you actually go to campus or hang out somewhere else?
I visited my undergrad after graduation for homecoming once. Spent a little bit of time on campus on a weekday to say hi to my old labmates and bosses at my old job, but mostly spent time off campus visiting old restaurants/bars and and getting ice cream at our favorite farm. Didn't even really do homecoming, lol.
But being on campus isnt strange though. Thats the thing I wanted to determineI visited my undergrad after graduation for homecoming once. Spent a little bit of time on campus on a weekday to say hi to my old labmates and bosses at my old job, but mostly spent time off campus visiting old restaurants/bars and and getting ice cream at our favorite farm. Didn't even really do homecoming, lol.
I only work part time and commuted in college so it is more accessible to me...
But being on campus isnt strange though. Thats the thing I wanted to determine
I only work part time and commuted in college so it is more accessible to me...
It felt strange for me and made me feel kind of old, hahahaha. But nobody else thought it was strange for me to visit 🙂
Has anybody actually visited their old undergrad to hang out w/ friends? One of my old freinds is saying we should do that soon but do you actually go to campus or hang out somewhere else?
I got my degree online while on active duty, so I’d have to go to New Hampshire. Plus that would be the first time I actually would be physically on campus lol. Also, it’s probably just because I didn’t have a typical college experience, but I’m not sure why I would even want to go back to where I graduated unless it was to visit a specific friend.
Thats what Im doing, seeing friends.I got my degree online while on active duty, so I’d have to go to New Hampshire. Plus that would be the first time I actually would be physically on campus lol. Also, it’s probably just because I didn’t have a typical college experience, but I’m not sure why I would even want to go back to where I graduated unless it was to visit a specific friend.
Now that I think of it when I was in HS some of my friends older than me by a bit visited during their winter break in college so Im actually p sure its normal....now that I think about it. Idk why I felt so awkward all of a sudden haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My parents moved less than a mile away from my undergrad right around the time I graduated, and I have quite a few friends in the area as well. I usually go running on campus with my dad when I visit my parents, and I usually end up visiting an old boss from an on-campus job or one or two professors that I was particularly close with. It felt a little bit weird at first, and then I just didn't care. If I'm not visiting someone who specifically has to be on campus (see the above examples), then I really don't go up there much because I don't have a reason to.
Well that was real quick!hELLO sdn. fIRST POST.
Well that was real quick!
based on the way they jumped straight into posting I'm like 99% sure they're a reincarnation of some former SDNer, I just don't know who
based on the way they jumped straight into posting I'm like 99% sure they're a reincarnation of some former SDNer, I just don't know who
Aaaaaand they're banned. Guess you were right.
D
deleted1011020
@tessellations @ekmf27050 @MrsDrDr @osamine @Orangekiwi @Sunbodi @mwsapphire bump!
View attachment 295736
Me after my 1 and only II coming back to work
There's still time for one more!Me after my 1 and only II coming back to work
D
deleted1011020
There's still time for one more!
or 19. Thats how many schools havent responded lol.
LOVE the optimismor 19. Thats how many schools havent responded lol.
Anybody else having really weirdly morbid dreams recently? Not just being rejected from all the schools I applied to, but like just violent dreams that I don't normally have. Do Not Like TM
D
deleted1011020
Anybody else having really weirdly morbid dreams recently? Not just being rejected from all the schools I applied to, but like just violent dreams that I don't normally have. Do Not Like TM
Ive been having morbid dreams but im pretty sure thats because I ate valentines cheesecake M&Ms that was on sale before bed.
Hey guys, I've been posting about this in school specific but I haven't been able to get much help.
Interviewed early sept at my state school, accepted mid oct. Only found out because I called them and they were like oh yea btw you're in. Never got a call from the dean and still don't have my acceptance letter. I just wanna know what to do for matriculation. I was in somewhat regular contact until about christmas, since then I have absolutely not been able to get ahold of admissions. Like zero communication for about a couple months. Emails, phone calls, everything short of showing up at their door while they're at dinner. What should I do?
Interviewed early sept at my state school, accepted mid oct. Only found out because I called them and they were like oh yea btw you're in. Never got a call from the dean and still don't have my acceptance letter. I just wanna know what to do for matriculation. I was in somewhat regular contact until about christmas, since then I have absolutely not been able to get ahold of admissions. Like zero communication for about a couple months. Emails, phone calls, everything short of showing up at their door while they're at dinner. What should I do?
D
deleted1011020
Hey guys, I've been posting about this in school specific but I haven't been able to get much help.
Interviewed early sept at my state school, accepted mid oct. Only found out because I called them and they were like oh yea btw you're in. Never got a call from the dean and still don't have my acceptance letter. I just wanna know what to do for matriculation. I was in somewhat regular contact until about christmas, since then I have absolutely not been able to get ahold of admissions. Like zero communication for about a couple months. Emails, phone calls, everything short of showing up at their door while they're at dinner. What should I do?
Go to the school and sort it out in person.
I would but I live ~800 miles from my "state school"Go to the school and sort it out in person.
I knew you would say that. Hm. Maybe call another department of the school ( like call the contacr school number instead of admissions) and say you cant get a hold of admissions.I would but I live ~800 miles from my "state school"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1011020
I would but I live ~800 miles from my "state school"
Hmm, call the secretaries for the office. If that fails, student affairs.
I knew you would say that. Hm. Maybe call another department of the school ( like call the contacr school number instead of admissions) and say you cant get a hold of admissions.
I have called the general school contact number and emailed the associated person. I have also tried financial aid (for some reason). I have not tried student affairs. Will try monday.Hmm, call the secretaries for the office. If that fails, student affairs.
I gotta stop playing Plague Inc. before bed.Ive been having morbid dreams but im pretty sure thats because I ate valentines cheesecake M&Ms that was on sale before bed.
Also! Between my two interviews, I am so praying I get at least 1 outright accept, instead of WL purgatory. I hope people having 2+ interviews and being stuck in waitlist purgatory is more because they applied/interviewed to school that were reaches for them, and not that they were a perfect match and were stuck on 2+ waitlists.
Also, for med school interviews, how bad is a slightly nervous effect? like slightly loud or pressured speech, or slight fidgeting ( think a leg bounce). I was too tired during my interviews to recall doing any of those things, but I kind of wonder if I was still giving off a nervous air a little bit w/o realizing it...the doc I work for just brought up how nervous I always look when pressured and he said " I hope that doesn't kill you for interviews"
Success! Got ahold of the registrar.Hmm, call the secretaries for the office. If that fails, student affairs.
My outgoing call list shows that this is the first person to answer the phone since january.
Hm. So today is like the 12th time where I get to work to find out clinic is cancelled/starting at1 pm. And since I had a suspicion that I should text the doc/medical assistant , but I didn't , and then I woke up at 6 am and drove thru traffic to get to work and!! clinic doesnt start until noon! Noone told me and I was thinking to ask but then I didn't ! That has happened so many times! So I did kinda loudly say " Nobody told me! " to the MA partially because nobody told me but also bc I felt like I should ask but didn't wanna seem like I was lazy after a long weekend. I feel bad but its unprofessional to keep doing that and I did say sorry. I feel weird though. I normally control my emotions better but it's not cool to keep me out of the loop.
D
deleted1011020
@tessellations @MrsDrDr @Ms Procrastinator @osamine @Orangekiwi @Sunbodi @mwsapphire bump!
View attachment 296144
This cartoonist without a doubt had secret camera's in my interview lol
This cartoonist without a doubt had secret camera's in myinterviewhead lol
Thank God I'm female. Females are neeeever serial killers
D
deleted1011020
I said!!!!! Females are neeeeever serial killers
D
deleted1011020
Something something chemtrails lolI said!!!!! Females are neeeeever serial killers.That link's propaganda spread by the government to keep the little man down! It's all big pharma! Ran out of conspiracy theories but that's not real.
They're watching usSomething something chemtrails lol

Hello first time posting here, but really important question: y'all recommend me buying a switch during my last semester before I apply? I've worked two jobs this year towards it and now have more than enough but am hesitant spending it on something like this (I could be saving for interviews instead). I have FAP and enough for applications otherwise but idk if it's worth! I've played pokemon all of 30 seconds in my life so this is my chance to get into the hype
I think I will be able to focus on my applications despite having a switch so that's a minor concern
I think I will be able to focus on my applications despite having a switch so that's a minor concern
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1011020
Hello first time posting here, but really important question: y'all recommend me buying a switch during my last semester before I apply? I've worked two jobs this year towards it and now have more than enough but am hesitant spending it on something like this (I could be saving for interviews instead). I have FAP and enough for applications otherwise but idk if it's worth! I've played pokemon all of 30 seconds in my life so this is my chance to get into the hype
I think I will be able to focus on my applications despite having a switch so that's a minor concern
Save the money. Its expensive in so many unforeseen ways. I had to pay for everything and was surprised by how quickly it gets absurdly expensive.
Save the money. Its expensive in so many unforeseen ways. I had to pay for everything and was surprised by how quickly it gets absurdly expensive.
Interesting, what do you mean by unforeseen ways? Besides interviews, which I am not really expecting to be one of those going on 10+ interviews, the other parts seem predictable like primary fees.
D
deleted1011020
Interesting, what do you mean by unforeseen ways? Besides interviews, which I am not really expecting to be one of those going on 10+ interviews, the other parts seem predictable like primary fees.
So thats all predictable but at the interview you might need to pay security for a room, ubers, food, emergency laundry/socks etc
I literally live in constant fear of checking my app email now...
So , on the topic of shaking up my wardrobe, I just found out Macy's has these really comfy cotton/elastic blend pants with elastic waistbands that look really sleek and with the right top can totally hide that you're basically wearing pajama pants...me like.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K
