Poorly DWWawn Mafia (gamethread)

Started by Clem J
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s not a bad thing. I don’t see the game the way you do. But I also don’t see it connected with any particularly wolfy agenda which is good.
Can I ask how you think squeeb sees the game? I'm wondering how you came to the conclusion that you don't see it the way she does.
 
The back and forth with PSV I guess wasn't that large but this was her case in that game and I just feel like I'm getting similar vibes from him this game
Ok dubZ I went back and took a look at the case for fruits from the prior game. The big takeaway that I got from PSV’s case was that fruit changed his reads wildly on a bunch of players wirh little justification, while keeping a few core POE static. Do you think fruit has drastically shifted his reads this game, and if so, how?

Additionally if he and kitz are paired, what do you think of him voting for her right now when she is clearly in danger?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with this, pretty unpairing.

Wait... Are you solving by possible packs again? sad_angry

(Yes, I am going to overuse this until Lee eventually takes it away)
inb4 SAR comes back to find the entire roster is solving by possible packs

(Also hi SAR I miss you)
 
Additionally if he and kitz are paired, what do you think of him voting for her right now when she is clearly in danger?
Oh I think it's actually more likely that they're paired because of that vote. I watched how he behaved around a villager up for vote on the same day he was in Death Nommy. He'll say that behavior would be different because of the setup but meh - he did a really good job of making it look like he was partnered with the villager by refusing to vote for her, even to save himself.

It's why I told him to vote for kitz. Wanted to see if he'd do it.

Granted this is all very WIFOM. If he is wolfing then it becomes harder overall to evaluate what he's doing at this stage. Wolves do funny things when they're under pressure.

Still just me voting for him though so there is that :laugh:
 
Ok dubZ I went back and took a look at the case for fruits from the prior game. The big takeaway that I got from PSV’s case was that fruit changed his reads wildly on a bunch of players wirh little justification, while keeping a few core POE static. Do you think fruit has drastically shifted his reads this game, and if so, how?
His reads have been very transient in my opinion, yes. You should look for yourself!
 
I still think it's appropriate to give fruit some breathing room and discuss other people.

Like for instance, people sus of AM have have said she could be paired with SAR, but I haven't seen any individual reasoning given for SAR to be sus except for fruit saying her Spurs vote was sus, which he has since backtracked on.

I am clearly not interested in a SAR vote but I would like to see others actually solve her vs just saying "well she fits with AM" or "well she fits with kitz" because that is where pair analysis can lead things astray.

And I'm narcissistic but I've also been brought up multiple times in possible pairings but have seen minimal effort to actually solve me individually.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
church is starting. I’ll try to answer later
My 4 year old son said he needed to go to the potty right before communion, so I told him to hold it and we would go after. As we were walking up and I told the kids to cross their arms across their chest, he said very loudly, in a voice that half the congregation could probably hear: “I CAN’T BECAUSE I’M HOLDING MY PENIS!!!”

So, 😵
 
You haven't before. Doesn't mean you can't ever :shrug:

Would you rather throw a game than vote a packmate?
that’s just baseless speculation, but to answer your question, i won’t vote a packmate regardless of the situation at hand, i’ll just let the packmate go down without having to vote for them and find a way to survive

there were instances in past were wolves were in danger and asked me to vote for them. i didn’t.
 
Can I ask how you think squeeb sees the game? I'm wondering how you came to the conclusion that you don't see it the way she does.
So, upon further review actually we may have been more closely aligned than I’d realized. She seems to have been more pinged by you than AM, but it seems like she doesn’t ascribe to the fruit universe.

But if she doesn’t think you’re a wolf now and just “weird,” and the person she paired you with in PSV is gone, then I’m not sure who is currently leader of her POE. So @screamqueenbee I too would be interested to know who is most sus to you right now.
 
i feel like i always end up in this conversation before whenever someone suspects me, they end up confirmation biasing themselves into thinking i’m a wolf and become willing to believe i’ll engage in out of character behavior to justify their suspicions

and “well you never bussed before but there’s always a first time” is always brought up in these discussions
 
Listen, as someone who always gets scum-read from jump, and has never been anything but village, I get it. I also don’t subscribe to the “you’ve never been before but you could be now.” Whiffs of the gamblers fallacy to me.
But sometimes it’s just gut
 
I still think it's appropriate to give fruit some breathing room and discuss other people.

Like for instance, people sus of AM have have said she could be paired with SAR, but I haven't seen any individual reasoning given for SAR to be sus except for fruit saying her Spurs vote was sus, which he has since backtracked on.

I am clearly not interested in a SAR vote but I would like to see others actually solve her vs just saying "well she fits with AM" or "well she fits with kitz" because that is where pair analysis can lead things astray.

And I'm narcissistic but I've also been brought up multiple times in possible pairings but have seen minimal effort to actually solve me individually.
I think it’s unlikely I’ll get to do all of this today. But I will ask you this: let’s imagine we flip a village fruit today. Where do we go next? What is your alternate universe if fruit is not the center of the Wolfpack?

I’m getting flashbacks to when you convinced me to vote genny on d2 in the last game where you convinced me to vote out a player where we learned almost nothing from the v flip. And if fruit is v, I feel like all we learned is that he wasn’t being bussed. I don’t feel any more or less sus about any other player, based on my current understanding of the game. That can’t be the end all be all, because if he’s a wolf we need to find him, but I’m just saying it is a very risky move and I’ll feel like I’m in a bad spot heading into d3 if I don’t resolve some piece of the AM/you/SAR, maybe kitz with some of you, universe.

ETA: convinced, not tried to convince
 
that’s just baseless speculation, but to answer your question, i won’t vote a packmate regardless of the situation at hand, i’ll just let the packmate go down without having to vote for them and find a way to survive

there were instances in past were wolves were in danger and asked me to vote for them. i didn’t.

i feel like i always end up in this conversation before whenever someone suspects me, they end up confirmation biasing themselves into thinking i’m a wolf and become willing to believe i’ll engage in out of character behavior to justify their suspicions

and “well you never bussed before but there’s always a first time” is always brought up in these discussions
I hear you. I promise I am actually thinking through things.

Can I still see your reads list?
 
I think it’s unlikely I’ll get to do all of this today. But I will ask you this: let’s imagine we flip a village fruit today. Where do we go next? What is your alternate universe if fruit is not the center of the Wolfpack?

I’m getting flashbacks to when you convinced me to vote genny on d2 in the last game where you convinced me to vote out a player where we learned almost nothing from the v flip. And if fruit is v, I feel like all we learned is that he wasn’t being bussed. I don’t feel any more or less sus about any other player, based on my current understanding of the game. That can’t be the end all be all, because if he’s a wolf we need to find him, but I’m just saying it is a very risky move and I’ll feel like I’m in a bad spot heading into d3 if I don’t resolve some piece of the AM/you/SAR, maybe kitz with some of you, universe.

ETA: convinced, not tried to convince
I don't know

Do you see me trying to convince you to vote for fruit? Because I believe I've said multiple times that I don't expect nor necessarily want others to join me if they have reservations. I am not altogether interested in leading a wagon, and we don't have to vote together today. Consolidation isn't necessary, and there's no one here that I am looking to save. I am more interested in seeing people actually make arguments for other people as I have said multiple times.
 
I don't know

Do you see me trying to convince you to vote for fruit? Because I believe I've said multiple times that I don't expect nor necessarily want others to join me if they have reservations. I am not altogether interested in leading a wagon, and we don't have to vote together today. Consolidation isn't necessary, and there's no one here that I am looking to save. I am more interested in seeing people actually make arguments for other people as I have said multiple times.
I do sort of feel like some amount of consolidation is needed today, since the wolves have 25% of the remaining voting power.
Unyeet fruit
@Clem J

Maybe this will get people to actually discuss others? I don't know why my singular vote is so important but I sure am tired of it being the focus.
Well, because you and fruit have both been here this morning and have been loud 😛

But this is why I feel like I need some other perspectives. Cuz I can dive in on you and SAR or anyone else, but I suspect I'll confbias myself.
 
I do sort of feel like some amount of consolidation is needed today, since the wolves have 25% of the remaining voting power.

Well, because you and fruit have both been here this morning and have been loud 😛

But this is why I feel like I need some other perspectives. Cuz I can dive in on you and SAR or anyone else, but I suspect I'll confbias myself.
@WildZoo before you get more annoyed with me I am going to try and move on from this for now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do sort of feel like some amount of consolidation is needed today, since the wolves have 25% of the remaining voting power.
Just going to point out that as far as I'm aware, you don't think I'm village, so why would my vote specifically matter to you?
 
@WildZoo before you get more annoyed with me I am going to try and move on from this for now.
I'm not annoyed with you specifically, I'm annoyed with this general gamestate. Feels like the same two conversations happening in circles over and over again while half of the roster sits back and watches and gives minimal if any thoughts on it and there's no attempt to really talk about anything else either. Which is not me saying other people have to talk as much as I do but like, some opinions would be appreciated.

But maybe that means I should just stop talking for a while.
 
I mean if you're starting with 2 wolves, and you bus 1 of them, you're giving up half of your teammates and leave yourself needing the remaining wolf to play flawlessly. I just think extremely risky in a 2 wolf game, but again I am no expert on bussing.

I quoted this last night so I wouldn't forget to comment that when fruits subbed in for Jay in my last wolf pack, he immediately pushed for a bus even though it was only a 3 wolf pack and we were already taking heat. So I don't think pushing for a bus in a two wolf game is outside his wolf meta at all
inb4 SAR comes back to find the entire roster is solving by possible packs

(Also hi SAR I miss you)

sad_angry

(I miss you too)

((My child has declined a nap today so apparently I get no solving time today because I'm solo parenting for the second day in a row. Cranky))
 
I'm not annoyed with you specifically, I'm annoyed with this general gamestate. Feels like the same two conversations happening in circles over and over again while half of the roster sits back and watches and gives minimal if any thoughts on it and there's no attempt to really talk about anything else either. Which is not me saying other people have to talk as much as I do but like, some opinions would be appreciated.

But maybe that means I should just stop talking for a while.
I agree
 
I'm going to try to do some isos in what time I have this afternoon because I think everyone has enough content now for that to be valuable in picking up on vibes and tone shifts

I think a lot of the arguments between am/spurs and the fruits discussion have taken up a lot of the air space so my plan is to try to look outside of those. I'm comfortable with a fruits vote today I think but I agree with Dubz that the thread feels very chasing-tails and I want to make sure that I'm not leaning on thread state because I've been busy this weekend
 
Animal Midwife: Sus
fruitsalad: Leaning Village, you're right I don't think I subscribe to the fruitiverse
genny: Null/Not Around when I am
GoSpursGo: Leaning sus, but I can be swayed, the back and forth with AM feels like a smokescreen
kitzsuna: Null/Not Around when I am
SARdoghandler:Null/Not Around when I am
 
There just isn't a ton of content on which to eval SAR individually.
I agree with this, pretty unpairing.

Wait... Are you solving by possible packs again? sad_angry

(Yes, I am going to overuse this until Lee eventually takes it away)
This was talking about the AM's tone in dealing with me on D1
Her tone sounds okay to me but I can't figure out what post she was referring to. Hopefully she'll come back and elucidate
This was referring to @genny 's tone for her @fruitsalad vote
I am mildly concerned that spurs may be trying to be too helpful/doing too much.

But also that feels like a particularly mean reason to yeet someone if the tingles are won't and he's not a wolf

Stop Being So Nice Dead Boys GIF by NETFLIX
As my reasonable ping for now and being out of time

Yeet spurs

@Clem J

If I make it back between appointments I'll try to keep up but it's unlikely. And if I'm wrong spurs, then you'll get grovelling gifs for a while as way of apology
I don't think being "too helpful/doing too much" is AI for me. If anything I sort of see fruit's point that the reasoning was weird.
Oh no I am fatiguing of reading and want to just chill after my long day

Anyway though I strongly feel PSV is village up to about page 11 or wherever I am right now
This was about the most obvious read to make at the time
No turns out the sick prevailed. Unfortunately I feel worse today 🥲

I think reading through the end of yesterday I probably would have come off you onto a pop, unfortunately. I can see where that sus came from. AM's poking feels village in its focus right now. I feel like she's being more intense than she was in Good Pwwace but I was modding so I wasn't reading nearly as closely. Your tone has sounded village, but I also don't think you've done anything outside of what I believe could be wolf range for you. But if I had to GTH your interactions with each other, it feels more v/v than w/v I think. My logic being if AM is v then you are more likely village as well because I don't see a wolf pushing that interaction.

Fruit feels odd because I'm used to him really drilling down into people who are voting him and being convinced they are wolfing. He kind of started that line and then just... Dropped it? Feels different than his recent village outings - maybe because he feels that dubz or genny would be a hard push if he's wolfing? If he is wolf, I'd feel good about dubz and genny because I don't see either of them bussing him like that on d1 in the particular way it happened - even if he was pushing to be bussed. Kitz's vote would be much more interesting for me to circle back to as sus if fruits flipped wolf

I don't have a soul read on dubz, she just has one on me. I haven't been pinged by her play like I was in the last game in dead chat. But I also somewhat told her what pinged me in that game so I would expect her to try to adjust that if she's wolfing again 😂
This is really the majority of the meat I can find. Finding AM/me as v/v is pretty consensus. A little bit on fruit where it seems like she could see him as woof, and a little bit saying dubZ isn't super pingy.

I don't want to bury someone solo parenting with a sick child while also sick yourself, because I know how awful that is, but for a post that she said "no tldr" I don't think she said a ton here.

So, overall, I find her posting content to be on the wolfy side. But it is also in anyone's "I'm a tired sick parent" range.
 
Animal Midwife: Sus
fruitsalad: Leaning Village, you're right I don't think I subscribe to the fruitiverse
genny: Null/Not Around when I am
GoSpursGo: Leaning sus, but I can be swayed, the back and forth with AM feels like a smokescreen
kitzsuna: Null/Not Around when I am
SARdoghandler:Null/Not Around when I am
An AM/Spurs pack would be the absolute spiciest take
 
What if AM/Dubz and Spurs/fruit are just two incongruous village bloccs and we actually just need to find each other. And the reason we're chasing our tails is that wolves are sitting back and laughing at us trying to eat each other.

Hmmm.
This would be universe 3 that I outlined above. And is why I'm still trying to understand your worldview.

In that universe I'd need someone to convince me of a SAR/kitz pack, or to flip my genny read. Because I feel pretty good about squeeb being a villager.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fruit did you justify this vote switch? I saw you decide you didn't think SAR was a wolf, but I didn't see your justification for voting kitz.
earlier:
partly issues with kitz dislike of my random voting, partly issues with non-me related thread content
Can you expound on you switching your vote to kitz specifically?

Are you pairing AM/kitz specifically, or are you thinking they would be in different packs and flipping one would help narrow your world view?
no, AM/kitz isn’t compatible.

i had problems with kitz taking issues with my random votes, and their followup thread content didn’t feel good
 
earlier:


no, AM/kitz isn’t compatible.

i had problems with kitz taking issues with my random votes, and their followup thread content didn’t feel good
Can you please expound what didn’t feel good about it? Because as I outlined with dubZ, my takeaway was a n00blet with evolving game understanding but still some n00blet takes that I wouldn’t expect from a wolf. Specifically, calling PSV a “random” kill is a wild take
 
This would be universe 3 that I outlined above. And is why I'm still trying to understand your worldview.

In that universe I'd need someone to convince me of a SAR/kitz pack, or to flip my genny read. Because I feel pretty good about squeeb being a villager.
I think probably kitz is a good vote and if she flips village then it would be hard to create a universe where at least one of the four of us isn't wolfing.

Unless it's like...SAR/genny, which sounds like a bad time for me

...I think I just basically repeated what you said :laugh:
 
Can you please expound what didn’t feel good about it? Because as I outlined with dubZ, my takeaway was a n00blet with evolving game understanding but still some n00blet takes that I wouldn’t expect from a wolf. Specifically, calling PSV a “random” kill is a wild take
kitz has a few games under their belt already, so mistakes and wild takes start looking like genuine slips, especially considering kitz didn’t wolf before. derpclearing doesn’t extend indefinitely