¿QQué Hora Es? - Official WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay, so I realize I have a **** ton of explaining to do.

I had a kill avoidance, which I used last night. It was part of my villager abilities. I also had the ability to fake my own death, at either a day or night cycle. I submitted the action to fake my own death last night, but I was blocked, so it was unsuccessful. I thought if I faked my own death it would prove me as villager, because my role would have been revealed as if I really died, and then I would have been mod-revived next day.

Alas, I was blocked, so my plan looks shady now, I realize. This is also why I made the comments I did this morning, because I figured you all would find out I was villager soon enough.

Part II: Mods mistakenly told me I could use both the kill avoidance AND fake my own death. I was told this morning after everything else had happened that they were mistaken in what they told me, this is not the case. So now I am no longer able to fake my own death (which would have been really cool).

No longer going to make plans because that obviously backfired:
Having a near life experience also changed caused me to question my career choice, and now I have a new ability which can help the village. I am now a medium, and can ask the dead one question each night.

So there. That's what truthfully happened.

I agree that the person that blocked me the past two nights in a row is villager, somebody who hasn't trusted me this whole game. No idea who that is though.
Explain this again, slower, with more specific information about your role and ability.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
:whoa:

:corny:

No idea who I'm going to vote to lynch, but I do want to see this play out...
I know right. And all this behind the scenes bullhockey has my "read between the lines" skills working overdrive -_____-

Wasn't the thought we need to have a majority vote to kill her?
Pretty sure it was a majority last night, wasn't it? She had 9 votes out of 16(even though the mods counted wrong and had 8 listed and didn't notice my correction apparently @Coopah @someothermodsidk )

About 99% NY is an original based off of what happened last night, and her grumpiness when coming here this morning.

And I think pippy is either an original or a convert. The fact that they tried to convert me specifically when I would discover Nyanko is very likely a wolf is just quite interesting. Makes me think that there is a wolf in our 4 person main group, and it's not MMM, or trilt.
Just to point out MMM was not in your "main 4 person group" she started in a different fam.... unless you just like her that much that you're considering her one of your mains, but this confused me.

To me this feels like "I waited to post until I'd come up with a good story with my wolf buddies".
WORD

I've accidentally (excitedly usually) shared night results before I was supposed to before. I appreciated being warned about it instead of immediately mod killed.
Yeah, I did so the other day too, brand new baby player didn't realize it was not allowed and I got a warning.... me doing that DID prompt them to post a reminder not to do it on the main page though soooo...

I know right. And all this behind the scenes bullhockey has my "read between the lines" skills working overdrive -_____-

Pretty sure it was a majority last night, wasn't it? She had 9 votes out of 16(even though the mods counted wrong and had 8 listed and didn't notice my correction apparently @Coopah @someothermodsidk )

Just to point out MMM was not in your "main 4 person group" she started in a different fam.... unless you just like her that much that you're considering her one of your mains, but this confused me.

WORD

Yeah, I did so the other day too, brand new baby player didn't realize it was not allowed and I got a warning.... me doing that DID prompt them to post a reminder not to do it on the main page though soooo...

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
I noticed your correction, but it's PBC's tally so I can't correct it
:artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist::artist:

The Dead's Lynch Tally
goose (3)
- kc, STL, snowy
ny (1) - ny

4/16

Lynch close in ~ 9hrs

Reactions: 2 users
Please check these votes!!

Day 4 Lynch Tally

Jilary (1) - LIS
Bjeh () -
Goose (9) - Bjeh, Jil, 3m, Ny, Trilt, STL, Snowy, nohika, Pippy
LIS () -
Cyndia () -
Snowy (5) - Goose, Hyge, NSFW, KC, cyndia

16/16 votes accounted for

Corrected tally from lynch close.

Poor mods are getting put thru their paces :rofl:

Members don't see this ad :)
My old abilitie(s), or new ability?
that whole situation.

You're claiming you're a villager with multiple abilities, one being a death avoidance (lynch or night kill?) and the other being to fake your death?

And now you're a medium?

Just say it again... more specifically. What was your role name, how were these abilities justified, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
that whole situation.

You're claiming you're a villager with multiple abilities, one being a death avoidance (lynch or night kill?) and the other being to fake your death?

And now you're a medium?

Just say it again... more specifically. What was your role name, how were these abilities justified, etc.

My character:
So my name is Betty La Fea. I was told in my description that I'm the key to a good soap opera (i.e. over dramatic). My husband Estaban blah blah blah doesn't care for my drama (Now I know who my husband was, but didn't know until he died and his role was revealed). I also know Estaban's sister lives with him, her name is Luz, but I don't know who that is. She also shares in liking drama with me.

Hence my abilities: I had one kill avoidance or I could fake my own death, each needing to occur within the first five days. In asking mods questions about these roles, I was told I would lose my kill avoidance once I faked my own death. So I was waiting to fake my death in case I needed kill avoidance.

So last night after I saw I was lynched (shocker), I submitted a request to the mods, stating I wanted to fake my own death last night, which I was told I could do. I was planning on doing this so it would be revealed this morning I would be dead, and also revealed as villager, which I thought would clear my name.

Then, two problems occurred:
1. I was blocked, last night, so my request to fake my death did not occur.
2. I specifically asked the mods if my kill avoidance was used, if I would lose my ability to fake my death, and they said no. This was right before I submitted the request last night. Then this morning, closer to the night action write up, another mod clarified that I could not fake my death, I had one ability or the other. I thought I had both, I would only lose my kill avoidance if I faked my death first, not the reverse also being true.

I also was sent a message this morning I was shaken up from nearly being lynched yesterday, that near death-experiences change a person. So I woke up this morning wanting to start my life as a medium. I can now hear dead people. Similar to the person who can ask one question to the living each night, I am now able to ask one question to the dead each night.

So basically my plan was derailed by miscommunication and being blocked.
Does that help explain better?

Edit: My kill avoidance worked for either lynch kill or night kill, depending on which ever one happened. Both were one-time use.

So gooses name is ugly Betty. That's amusing. Not buying what she's selling though.

I've been guilty of prematurely sharing results. Honestly between the minutes of getting results and them posting the write up it doesn't feel like a big deal in my personal opinion. I also received results early and just acted as though I hadn't, and again not a big deal in my opinion.

Leading me to put ny high on my wolf radar.

For whoever was asking I still am inclined to believe the item results I initially received that claimed trilt, STL, pippy, and myself were not wolves on day two. If last night was a conversion though all bets are off (I know I wasn't converted but I don't think I'd have been a top choice for that anyway this game).

I am confused about some other things that have come out but will try to sort through it before I ask stupid questions

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

My character:
So my name is Betty La Fea. I was told in my description that I'm the key to a good soap opera (i.e. over dramatic). My husband Estaban blah blah blah doesn't care for my drama (Now I know who my husband was, but didn't know until he died and his role was revealed). I also know Estaban's sister lives with him, her name is Luz, but I don't know who that is. She also shares in liking drama with me.

Hence my abilities: I had one kill avoidance or I could fake my own death, each needing to occur within the first five days. In asking mods questions about these roles, I was told I would lose my kill avoidance once I faked my own death. So I was waiting to fake my death in case I needed kill avoidance.

So last night after I saw I was lynched (shocker), I submitted a request to the mods, stating I wanted to fake my own death last night, which I was told I could do. I was planning on doing this so it would be revealed this morning I would be dead, and also revealed as villager, which I thought would clear my name.

Then, two problems occurred:
1. I was blocked, last night, so my request to fake my death did not occur.
2. I specifically asked the mods if my kill avoidance was used, if I would lose my ability to fake my death, and they said no. This was right before I submitted the request last night. Then this morning, closer to the night action write up, another mod clarified that I could not fake my death, I had one ability or the other. I thought I had both, I would only lose my kill avoidance if I faked my death first, not the reverse also being true.

I also was sent a message this morning I was shaken up from nearly being lynched yesterday, that near death-experiences change a person. So I woke up this morning wanting to start my life as a medium. I can now hear dead people. Similar to the person who can ask one question to the living each night, I am now able to ask one question to the dead each night.

So basically my plan was derailed by miscommunication and being blocked.
Does that help explain better?

Edit: My kill avoidance worked for either lynch kill or night kill, depending on which ever one happened. Both were one-time use.
Much, much better explanation.

Honestly, I'm kind of okay with this for now. I know the dead are supposed to be involved in the game, a fake death is a role I've actually previously used, and this is a whole heck of a lot to make up (especially including mod screw-ups).

Could be wrong. Still want to

lynch Ny

for today I think.

Yeah I don't buy goose's explanation at all, it's too convoluted and conveniently fitting to the situation.

Thank you for pointing that out! I was actually going to question why STL assumed if she is an alpha that majority would work, and that easily rules it out. But anyways, I was questioning it because when I think of an alpha, I think of a role where you need to lynch the other wolves first before lynching them, although idk if that particular form of alpha has been used at all recently. One time lynch avoid would also possibly make sense, and I'm willing to maybe test out that theory but honestly.. nyanko seems wolfy as hell right now, so I think I would rather go for her first rather than waste a lynch if it turns out goose has more than just one avoidance.

I have no idea how the conversion didn't go though, but also so thankful!

Anyone else find it strange that LIS couldn't share what his question was, but everyone else has?

The end of the PM from the mods said (paraphrased, because I have this vague recollection we can't quote mods in this game): You can only answer the question in thread and you cannot mention the question.

If that wasn't what other people got .... *shrug*

look i assumed your role because i assumed people play by the posted rules. if you don't you should be modkilled in my opinion. if the mods don't enforce the rules, there's no reason to play and i'm done.

I've no idea who to cheer for in this popcorn exchange, but I will say this:

If people played outside the rules and it led to confusion in the game, good mods clarify what happened so that everyone is on equal footing. Otherwise you have rule-breaking play changing the course of the game.

It's not even clear to me if that actually happened..... just sayin'...

Reactions: 1 users
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

3.) The assumption that any player - I don't care who they are or what affiliation - gets two shots at night actions is just wrong. That's a amateur assumption to make and I'm surprised anyone leapt to that conclusion.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Okay interpretations (not for you PBC, just want thought from other players).. Does this mean there was no conversion if the first attempt failed? I'm still not convinced it failed. But this is interesting.

I've accidentally (excitedly usually) shared night results before I was supposed to before. I appreciated being warned about it instead of immediately mod killed.

@amgoose319, I'm actually pretty willing to hear more from you. You were being sketch as all get-up yesterday, but man I was grumpy about my read on you being wrong and I'd love you to be our sketch "other" player for my own wounded ego. :p

Agreed. Mod killing is over the top for accidentally sharing something early. But if it's impacting game play it <should> be clarified. Just my opinion as a mod.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm. Honestly, I'm just a little surprised that she even claimed protection would halt conversion... that's not common at all. Conversion is often considered different than many other actions and often - but not always - unblockable/trackable/etc.

Also I love being converted lol. Just sayin'. :p

I dunno. I feel like protection usually covers conversion as well.

Maybe not "usually", but definitely more than "not common at all."

AND EVERYONE SEE THAT LAST LINE???? QUIT CONVERTING ME AND CONVERT TRILT! :)

Yeah I don't buy goose's explanation at all, it's too convoluted and conveniently fitting to the situation.

Thank you for pointing that out! I was actually going to question why STL assumed if she is an alpha that majority would work, and that easily rules it out. But anyways, I was questioning it because when I think of an alpha, I think of a role where you need to lynch the other wolves first before lynching them, although idk if that particular form of alpha has been used at all recently. One time lynch avoid would also possibly make sense, and I'm willing to maybe test out that theory but honestly.. nyanko seems wolfy as hell right now, so I think I would rather go for her first rather than waste a lynch if it turns out goose has more than just one avoidance.

I would be up for a ny lynch if this is true and she can't be killed by majority or we need to lynch the other wolves first. But I think she just had a lynch avoidance and as complex of a tale as she told I still don't buy it. Ny has pretty much declared herself as a wolf, so the only downside to waiting until tomorrow to lynch her would be she can still talk to the other wolf/wolves in wolf chat and we would have to waste our blocker blocking her tonight.

I dunno. I feel like protection usually covers conversion as well.

Maybe not "usually", but definitely more than "not common at all."

AND EVERYONE SEE THAT LAST LINE???? QUIT CONVERTING ME AND CONVERT TRILT! :)
Huh. Well, let me revise to "hasn't been a thing that I've seen since starting playing." Honestly even recently when protection halted seering that was weird to me, so maybe it's just something that used to be more common than is nowadays.

And yes. Listen to LIS. :p

Huh. Well, let me revise to "hasn't been a thing that I've seen since starting playing." Honestly even recently when protection halted seering that was weird to me, so maybe it's just something that used to be more common than is nowadays.

And yes. Listen to LIS. :p

You might be right, I really am not sure. I just feel like it is at least 50/50. Maybe it's your mod bias from your own preference and your games. Or maybe I'm wrong. :)

The more important point (obviously) is whether protection prevents conversion in <this> game.

I have reason to think it might. Definitely not slam-dunk certainty, but .... I could definitely buy it based on some other info.

Kids, we're about to learn LIS's Fourth Rule of WW.

Crap. LIS's Second Rule of WW just went into effect. unlynch SOV, lynch ProMeth

You can, but you may want to ask people about LIS's Rule #581 "Self-voting".....

Crap.

lynch AM because of LIS Rule #3826

Oh, and

lynch nyanko (LIS Rule #928)
You're really inconsistent with your Rule numbering...

Reactions: 11 users
Numbers are hard.

But seriously, how did you find all those THAT FAST?

Thanks - I lol'd.
tenor.gif

Reactions: 4 users
okay on further PMing i am inclined to believe Snowy's claim. not sure how much a vouch from me means, but it might be better to lose Jil's role (if she's telling the truth) or look at amgoose.

Ny defended Jil a bunch, but I think that is probably just defending a villager especially based on this quote where she seemed to favour a jil vote over a goose vote. Unless you guys have reason to still think Jil is wolf.

WM then bjeh were the first to vote for FB the first day, and ny was constantly on bjeh and nsfw so I am inclined to think they are all village. If this holds true, and goose is village or chaos and not a wolf, I believe the wolf is in the loco group of kc, pippy, stl, trilt, and 3m. (because nohika is not an original and the chances of cyn, LIS, and hyge being original is low).

But Genny and I both had mirrors yesterday. And yesterday Snowy was drunk posting, I also had a margarita. @bjeh can vouch for that, because I told her I had that item. I think in this game there are more than one item.
So I know I'm really late to this but I'm still going to comment. I pulled up our PM and on Saturday Goose told me she got a mirror and an "item" which she later told me was a margarita. She also made it sound like her and Genny had the mirror on Saturday. Can I copy and paste our PM in here?

Ny defended Jil a bunch, but I think that is probably just defending a villager especially based on this quote where she seemed to favour a jil vote over a goose vote. Unless you guys have reason to still think Jil is wolf.

WM then bjeh were the first to vote for FB the first day, and ny was constantly on bjeh and nsfw so I am inclined to think they are all village. If this holds true, and goose is village or chaos and not a wolf, I believe the wolf is in the loco group of kc, pippy, stl, trilt, and 3m. (because nohika is not an original and the chances of cyn, LIS, and hyge being original is low).

FWIW, I actually believe Snow's role (ability) claim. For reasons. Not 100% indisputable reasons, but reasons.

So I know I'm really late to this but I'm still going to comment. I pulled up our PM and on Saturday Goose told me she got a mirror and an "item" which she later told me was a margarita. She also made it sound like her and Genny had the mirror on Saturday. Can I copy and paste our PM in here?

:lurking::lurking::lurking::lurking::lurking::lurking::lurking::lurking::lurking:
Copy and paste is fine, quoting PM's are not allowed.
:panda::astronaut::panda::panda::panda::panda::panda::panda::panda:

Oh, and FWIW, I feel like targeting someone in my group for either a kill OR conversion would have kinda been a dumb idea, if you think through the possible implications.

We're the most likely to be protected right now, and most likely to be under suspicion for being converted as the game progresses, so why even bother? I dunno. It just doesn't seem like the most likely scenario to me *because* it would be so obvious.

sent from ma fone

Slow Afternoon Lynch Tally

goose (3) - kc, STL, snowy
ny (4) - ny, Trilt, LIS, Pippy

Check your votes!
Lynch closes in ~3.5 hours

7/16

You're really inconsistent with your Rule numbering...
Isn't LIS's First Rule that he's too damned busy to keep track of numbering? :p

Reactions: 2 users
Oh, and FWIW, I feel like targeting someone in my group for either a kill OR conversion would have kinda been a dumb idea, if you think through the possible implications.

We're the most likely to be protected right now, and most likely to be under suspicion for being converted as the game progresses, so why even bother? I dunno. It just doesn't seem like the most likely scenario to me *because* it would be so obvious.

sent from ma fone

My feels is that you are collecting villagers. Especially if you believed kcs item that said your group started with no wolves. Idk if you have a group chat going of confirmed villagers, but I would guess that's a likely case and what I wanted to do if people in my group hadnt kept dying during starwwars when I was the mover. If so you have information that would be extremely useful as a wolf, especially a wolf group without an ability seer. I mean if there was an original wolf in your group there would be no need for a conversion there and I'm sure they would follow your reasoning and convert outside your family.

So here are some PMs.Goose started by asking if anything happened to me during the night
Me - "Nope. What about you? (I haven't gotten time to read the thread in case you already said something there)" Sat at 1:28 pm

Goose - "I received a mirror, which automatically affects me, and another item that i choose if i want to use it or not" Sat at 5:07

Then at 5:10 she said - "a mirror automatically affected me, and Genny was given a mirror last night"

By the way I tried to only copy and paste the relevant part. I don't want to write a huge unnecessary post (since this all may mean nothing anyways). I don't know how helpful this info is but I thought it may be worth it to share.

lynch nyanko

Also, if anybody has suggestions for a question I should ask one of the dead tonight, I'm all ears