***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cancelled my interview yesterday since I received another offer of admission elsewhere and today received the exact same interview invite email with the subject line being that more interview dates are now available. Lots of interview dates have been added in March

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am absolutely terrified; I keep thinking i'm going to mess this up. Does anyone know the average interviewee acceptance rate at midwestern?

I am absolutely terrified; I keep thinking i'm going to mess this up. Does anyone know the average interviewee acceptance rate at midwestern?
It's about 75% for both IS and OOS interviewees, which I kind of find hard to believe.

It's about 75% for both IS and OOS interviewees, which I kind of find hard to believe.

Yea, I'm asking around to make sure that I wasn't getting duped. I saw that number off a spreadsheet someone posted like 2 years ago on sdn and it felt too good to be true. If anyone reading this could confirm that percentage that would be great.

Yea, I'm asking around to make sure that I wasn't getting duped. I saw that number off a spreadsheet someone posted like 2 years ago on sdn and it felt too good to be true. If anyone reading this could confirm that percentage that would be great.
As far as 75% I’m not sure, however at my interview there was I think 7 of us I want to say and I know 3 of us got accepted just from that day ( could have been more but that’s just from who I specifically talked to). If that gives you any insight.

As far as 75% I’m not sure, however at my interview there was I think 7 of us I want to say and I know 3 of us got accepted just from that day ( could have been more but that’s just from who I specifically talked to). If that gives you any insight.

Sorry if you already said this earlier, but when did you go to your interview? Is it okay if i message you?

Congrats! I have an interview there next week as well. I'm so scared too!! It's my first and only interview!

My interview is on March 13th! Does anyone know how full the class is already?
Stats:
DAT: 20 AA, 22 PAT
GPA: 3.52
sGPA: 3.3

Anyone encountered this.

My interview invite was sent at 4 am! I woke up in yesterday morning and saw it. D
ef wasn't expecting it, I read it and thought it was a rejection.

I am very grateful for the opportunity, but I just withdrew my application.

I hope someone who does not have any interviews yet or any acceptances get invited in my place.

Best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone encountered this.

My interview invite was sent at 4 am! I woke up in yesterday morning and saw it. D
ef wasn't expecting it, I read it and thought it was a rejection.

I am very grateful for the opportunity, but I just withdrew my application.

I hope someone who does not have any interviews yet or any acceptances get invited in my place.

Best of luck.
why did you reject it, if you dont mind me asking?

The 75% is accepted. How many actually attend may be different. A lot of people may decline the acceptance to go to cheaper schools.

So the number may not be that far off.

Interview #3
School:
MWU-IL
Notification date: 2/28/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/2018
Application complete date: 10/1/2018 (..i lagged on the supplement)
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 3.2, (post-Bac: 3.6)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 4 dates in March

I will withdraw my application from this school.

For class entering Fall 2016- MWU-IL (130 seats) interviewed 420, offered to 311. 60% of the people they offer a seat to will decline and attend another school.

Interview #3
School:
MWU-IL
Notification date: 2/28/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date:
8/2018
Application complete date: 10/1/2018 (..i lagged on the supplement)
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 3.2, (post-Bac: 3.6)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 4 dates in March

I will withdraw my application from this school.

For class entering Fall 2016- MWU-IL (130 seats) interviewed 420, offered to 311. 60% of the people they offer a seat to will decline and attend another school.
You withdrew your application? Meaning you are declining the interview invite?

How much is rent and general COL? I couldn’t find it.
Where are you from originally??

Rent is around $1200- $2000 a month depending on if you are looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom place and if you rent from a complex with a lot of amenities. The area is 30 mins from Chicago and some of the surrounding towns are on the wealthy sides so the cost of living is not super cheap. I'm originally from NYC and I am currently living in Chicago and I think the cost of living is a lot cheaper from NYC. I had a friend in the MABS program with me last year and she was from St. Louis and she found the cost of living in Downer's Grove expensive. It all relative.

Shoot, just got an interview invite but there are no dates available.

Hello, Im from SF! So would you pick NYU or touro over mwu then since COL is the same?

The cost of living of NYU and Touro are similar to SF. There are no real savings in COL. Chicago is more affordable than in NYC and SF. All the schools you are mentioning are so close to major cities that the COL is not going to be reasonable. MWU-AZ would have a better COL since Phoneix isn't a very large city.

Other reasons I wouldn't choose NYU is the class size is too large and do not get to know the faculty personally. Since they have residency programs you do not get to see complex cases in the clinic Touro is too new and haven't graduated a class yet and they do not have a large patient pool for their clinic. Nice area of the Hudson Valley though.

The cost of living of NYU and Touro are similar to SF. There are no real savings in COL. Chicago is more affordable than in NYC and SF. All the schools you are mentioning are so close to major cities that the COL is not going to be reasonable. MWU-AZ would have a better COL since Phoneix isn't a very large city.

Other reasons I wouldn't choose NYU is the class size is too large and do not get to know the faculty personally. Since they have residency programs you do not get to see complex cases in the clinic Touro is too new and haven't graduated a class yet and they do not have a large patient pool for their clinic. Nice area of the Hudson Valley though.

What made you choose mwu-IL then specifically other than it having a smaller clas size?

What made you choose mwu-IL then specifically other than it having a smaller clas size?

I did my Masters at the school and I learned a lot about the program. I really like that you are exposed to a lot of different cases and how they integrate new technology into the curriculum. There's not a competitive atmosphere and the faculty really care about the students succeeding. Coming from NYC and having worked and went to school in the area, I didn't want the feeling of my professional program to be cutthroat. Today as a health professional you need to work as a team player and leaning in a supportive environment is important to me. I saw this first hand in the Master's program.

Are you between MWU-IL and NYU/Touro?

when did you receive the email?
I got it on Thursday but I've been sick all week. Only opened it Friday night and been refreshing all day today. Landed a spot on Tuesday 3/5. Pretty tight fit but at least I got one.

Does anyone know how many seats they still need to fill?

Hey man! I just accepted my offer from MWU-IL. How do you like your experience there so far?
CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!!!! I am loving every minute of it. The faculty are amazing, the curriculum is amazing, even the stress is amazing, everything is amazing. I can’t give too much specific insight though cuz they are changing everything around for the new D1s!! So excited for you guys!

Congrats! Does it say that you were accepted in your Midwestern portal yet?
Thanks! Not yet, he said I’d be getting an email in the next couple days and I’m assuming that’s when the portal will be updated.

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!!!! I am loving every minute of it. The faculty are amazing, the curriculum is amazing, even the stress is amazing, everything is amazing. I can’t give too much specific insight though cuz they are changing everything around for the new D1s!! So excited for you guys!

What are some major changes the incoming D1’s can expect? Changes for the better right???? Haha

Thank you!! 3.7 sGPA, 3.7oGPA. AA 21 TS 21

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey, can you please share some MWU-IL interview tips? I have mine next week. What style was it? was it traditional or MMI? Can you please any questions that they asked you?

Thanks so much! Just he yourself, stay relaxed and enjoy the moment. The school & faculty are so welcoming. The interview is one student two faculty.
I've heard that it is a MMI style interview? were the questions straightforward?

Looking for some insight, my application status has been “under review” for a couple months now. Just today it has changed to “none”. Not sure what this means?

Hey, can you please share some MWU-IL interview tips? I have mine next week. What style was it? was it traditional or MMI? Can you please any questions that they asked you?
Traditional and closed file. The questions are just to see how you think on your feet

Looking for some insight, my application status has been “under review” for a couple months now. Just today it has changed to “none”. Not sure what this means?
On AADSAS? Mine was none all the way up until I was invited for an interview. I wouldn’t worry too much about that!

Reactions: 2 users
For those who were waitlisted and then accepted, did you send update letters and did you have any missing prerequisites that needed to be finished? If you did have missing prerequisites, did you finish them and then get accepted or were they still in progress at the time you got accepted

For those who were waitlisted and then accepted, did you send update letters and did you have any missing prerequisites that needed to be finished? If you did have missing prerequisites, did you finish them and then get accepted or were they still in progress at the time you got accepted
I was waitlisted and just accepted. I have missing prerequisites and am in the progress of finishing them right now and will continue doing so over the summer. I sent thank you letters to those who interviewed me and sent a letter of intent once I was waitlisted. My aadsas portal never changed to accepted I just got the call.

Not yet, which could be bad news. I interviewed on 3/5/19.
I interviewed that day too and havent heard back as well. I know a girl that did get a call the next day though :/. what does it say on your midwestern portal and on your aasdas status?

I interviewed that day too and havent heard back as well. I know a girl that did get a call the next day though :/. what does it say on your midwestern portal and on your aasdas status?
I see. MWU portal doesn't say anything. Just says I need one more class to complete my application. AADSAS says "none," but it's been that way even before I got the invite to interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.