***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviewed yesterday and just got the acceptance call!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I interviewed yesterday and this morning received an email thanking me for interviewing and saying they will let me know when a final decision has been made. Just curious if this is an email that everyone receives after interviewing, even those accepted?

Hi guys! I interviewed yesterday and this morning received an email thanking me for interviewing and saying they will let me know when a final decision has been made. Just curious if this is an email that everyone receives after interviewing, even those accepted?

I received an email at around 4am thanking me for interviewing then received a call later that morning

Reactions: 1 user
Also interviewed yesterday and got that email! Hopefully good news is coming to us soon :)

Me too!!!!! We’re going to be dentists!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, I had my interview early January and just got on the alternate list. Has anyone gotten accepted from the alternate list recently and if so what did you do to help you get in? Also, roughly how many people from the alternate list get accepted?

Hi guys, I had my interview early January and just got on the alternate list. Has anyone gotten accepted from the alternate list recently and if so what did you do to help you get in? Also, roughly how many people from the alternate list get accepted?

Hey what day in Jan did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
They don’t reject people you either don’t hear back or get waitlisted after interview

Hey, this platform is meant to help fellow applicants out so we should still try to be as accurate as possible, and if we don't know for certain, we should make note of that. This being said, MWU-IL does send out rejection letters after the interview, they normally come by snail mail two weeks after the week you interviewed.

I thought midwestern is a rolling admission? It seems like they’re giving interview an acceptances out of order!

They are. But I think that they don’t really go in strict first come first serve basis. They go by who is first choice from a 1-2 month time frame. I interviewed the last week of February on a Tuesday and I received an acceptance that same Friday. But I know there were people who interviewed at the beginning of Feb and didn’t hear back until end of March. Doesn’t mean anything negative necessarily it’s just that’s the way they do things at least in my cycle. A lot has changed since then though. Just hang in there guys!!!!

They are. But I think that they don’t really go in strict first come first serve basis. They go by who is first choice from a 1-2 month time frame. I interviewed the last week of February on a Tuesday and I received an acceptance that same Friday. But I know there were people who interviewed at the beginning of Feb and didn’t hear back until end of March. Doesn’t mean anything negative necessarily it’s just that’s the way they do things at least in my cycle. A lot has changed since then though. Just hang in there guys!!!!

Hey! Do you know how the alternate list here works? From past threads it seems as if they do not start picking from the alternate list until the end of interviews, which is March/April.

Hey! Do you know how the alternate list here works? From past threads it seems as if they do not start picking from the alternate list until the end of interviews, which is March/April.
I’m not 100% sure when they do it now but I know the waitlist is not in order chronologically. Last cycle they picked from the waitlist pretty much starting right after December. It’s still early, I know it’s hard, but be patient.

Reactions: 1 users
Has there been anyone interviewed at MWU-IL with a 2.9 gpa?

Did anyone got interviewed at MWU-IL with a 2.9 BCP or 2.9 overall gpa?

We don’t need to have our transcript in by the deposit deadline, right? Also does anyone know where to send transcripts?

Hello everyone, I am a prospective student who is going to apply to Midwestern-Illinois Dental School this summer. I would like to do a consultation with their admission director, but I was not able to find their contact online. Just wondering if anyone can help me out with that? Thanks in advance!

Does the background check need to be completed by the deposit deadline?

Has anyone that interviewed last Thursday Jan. 24th heard anything?? I heard from other people we would get a call the next day if we got accepted. Does this mean I got rejected?

Has anyone that interviewed last Thursday Jan. 24th heard anything?? I heard from other people we would get a call the next day if we got accepted. Does this mean I got rejected?
I got a call back yesterday!!! Did you??

Invited for interview. Got the email at 8:26AM EST.

Just got an interview!

Hope someone deserving gets my spot. Dropped my spot 4 days ago. Good luck!

Just got an interview invite on Monday and I scheduled my interview for March 19th, do I have a pretty good chance of getting in? Isn’t it super late into the cycle?

Super relaxed and very inviting feel! Many of my questions were very similar to what I saw on the interview feedback page.

Can you send me the link to the interview feedback page please? Thank you!

Do they ask a lot of scenario/ethical type questions, or more so typical interview questions (why dentistry, why midwestern, etc.?) Did they ever ask anything that completely caught you off guard? And is the interview conversational/easy going, or is it kind of just run down through a list of questions? I know will amake it conversation like and its up to me to continue.. just generally curious. Also.. is there one easy and one hard interviewer? Nervous!!

Do they ask a lot of scenario/ethical type questions, or more so typical interview questions (why dentistry, why midwestern, etc.?) Did they ever ask anything that completely caught you off guard? And is the interview conversational/easy going, or is it kind of just run down through a list of questions? I know will amake it conversation like and its up to me to continue.. just generally curious. Also.. is there one easy and one hard interviewer? Nervous!!
Its more laid back, conversational, and generic questions. Nothing really caught me off guard, they asked me one question about my personal statement at the end but i've heard they don't typically do that. I wouldn't describe either interviewer as one that asks hard or difficult questions.

anyone interviewing on 2/13??
ahh so nervous and excited at the same time!

Interview invite received today (OOS) 2-11, and the available dates were only in Mid/Late March

Anybody who interviewed last week hear anything back yet?

Anybody who interviewed the 7th hear back?

Is there any disadvantage to “sharing” patients in clinic here? Since I know we are partnered up with a D4 in our D3 year and vice versus. Thanks for you input! I saw that they see a lot of patients here so I don’t think that’s an issue, but just want some clarification as I make a decision.

Hey man! I just accepted my offer from MWU-IL. How do you like your experience there so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.