You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
This thread has existential crisis (an SDN mafia game)
Started by Clem J
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Black Kat
Im smol
Did they die at some point in the game? Im trying to look for the death postsMy reasoning for believing this is because she claimed she didn't know players switch roles after death. And then didn't self-prez.
I'm hesitant to think PSV's packmates would be in the neutral area towards her. Completely ignoring a packmate could also be sus.
However, since the question was raised, I don't think AM, mkg, kcalb, or genny interacted with PSV at all. Not even in neutral posts.
However, since the question was raised, I don't think AM, mkg, kcalb, or genny interacted with PSV at all. Not even in neutral posts.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, D1 among all the other first deaths.Did they die at some point in the game? Im trying to look for the death posts
I definitely talked to PSV.I'm hesitant to think PSV's packmates would be in the neutral area towards her. Completely ignoring a packmate could also be sus.
However, since the question was raised, I don't think AM, mkg, kcalb, or genny interacted with PSV at all. Not even in neutral posts.
Black Kat
Im smol
Amsksnsks that doesnt make senseYes, D1 among all the other first deaths.
But ill take their obituary at face value until proven otherwise
tbh there wasn't a self-prez option available to her, at least not one that was obvious. In retrospect, after removing dubZ, she could have voted for me to cause a tie. But she couldn't have known that at the time.My reasoning for believing this is because she claimed she didn't know players switch roles after death. And then didn't self-prez.
Not knowing about role switching is weird, but idk.
That's why I was saying I can't do anything about it despite me having a strong feeling that's not her role.Amsksnsks that doesnt make sense
But ill take their obituary at face value until proven otherwise
Black Kat
Im smol
I did bring my thoughts about them thoI'm hesitant to think PSV's packmates would be in the neutral area towards her. Completely ignoring a packmate could also be sus.
However, since the question was raised, I don't think AM, mkg, kcalb, or genny interacted with PSV at all. Not even in neutral posts.
sorry, my searching strategy was flawed as I looked for "PSV" but obviously quotes would come up with her real username.I definitely talked to PSV.
Anyways, I didn't see that you gave a formal read on her at any point (which would have been captured in the spreadsheet, even if neutral).
Again, I'm hesitant to read too much into that.
anyhoo, not that I captured in the spreadsheet. And like I said, I'm not sure I would read that close into her interactions (or lack thereof) during D2.I did bring my thoughts about them tho
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
I'm acknowledging but I think we must accept that MsP was village and adjust to that reality. It would've been great if she was mafia but even for Clem a fake "real" flip seems like too much shenanigans.Could people like this post to acknowledge they've read it even if they have nothing to add?
That's not a shenanigan. It's a real mechanic attached to a specific player. Regardless, I'm not going after anyone over it without undeniable proof, but if something happens mechanically causing her to flip mafia, I want every second from EOD1 until now combed through.I'm acknowledging but I think we must accept that MsP was village and adjust to that reality. It would've been great if she was mafia but even for Clem a fake "real" flip seems like too much shenanigans.
I think @SARdoghandler is looking relatively good too. She could have left a tie and if mafia from her POV gotten another death (it would not have worked since dubZ’s vote didn’t count).
Maybe she thought it would be too sus to leave that tie when she could have broken it, but I would be relatively unlikely to vote her tomorrow I think
Maybe she thought it would be too sus to leave that tie when she could have broken it, but I would be relatively unlikely to vote her tomorrow I think
Actually I’ll redact that. Creating a tie and causing another death increases the odds of PSV dying for real from 40% (2/5) to 50% (3/6).I think @SARdoghandler is looking relatively good too. She could have left a tie and if mafia from her POV gotten another death (it would not have worked since dubZ’s vote didn’t count).
Maybe she thought it would be too sus to leave that tie when she could have broken it, but I would be relatively unlikely to vote her tomorrow I think
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Although maybe in that situation, a 10% chance of mafia death might be worth an extra village kill.Actually I’ll redact that. Creating a tie and causing another death increases the odds of PSV dying for real from 40% (2/5) to 50% (3/6).
Ooooh maybe I *AM* @supershorty in this game

Alright, so I would say:
Town: Zenge
Town lean: rae, SAR, apop, mkg
Neutral: Kcalb (my heart wants to put in town lean, but I just don't have any compelling reason to do so)
Scum lean: genny, AM
Does anyone strongly disagree with this?
Town: Zenge
Town lean: rae, SAR, apop, mkg
Neutral: Kcalb (my heart wants to put in town lean, but I just don't have any compelling reason to do so)
Scum lean: genny, AM
Does anyone strongly disagree with this?
Yes, why am I in scum lean?Alright, so I would say:
Town: Zenge
Town lean: rae, SAR, apop, mkg
Neutral: Kcalb (my heart wants to put in town lean, but I just don't have any compelling reason to do so)
Scum lean: genny, AM
Does anyone strongly disagree with this?
@SARdoghandler thank you
Apparently I can be reasonable 😂
Well, Zenge is town.Yes, why am I in scum lean?
I have consistently read rae town since D1, and I think it's relatively unlikely that SAR is scum based on my reasoning above.
Apop is town read by Zenge/rae/SAR, so she isn't close to the chopping block.
mkg is being town read by SAR, though I'm now having a little pause because I see the other two players who were town-reading mkg were PSV and dubZ. I could move her into my neutrals.
You've been slight scum read by apop, and you've been tunneled on a player who, for now, appears to be a villager. If you are in fact correct that MsP was a mafia in a suit, we're in a great position almost regardless of what we do.
If you wanted to tell me Kcalb or mkg should take your place in the POE, I would listen though.
Are you the tailor?Well, Zenge is town.
I have consistently read rae town since D1, and I think it's relatively unlikely that SAR is scum based on my reasoning above.
Apop is town read by Zenge/rae/SAR, so she isn't close to the chopping block.
mkg is being town read by SAR, though I'm now having a little pause because I see the other two players who were town-reading mkg were PSV and dubZ. I could move her into my neutrals.
You've been slight scum read by apop, and you've been tunneled on a player who, for now, appears to be a villager. If you are in fact correct that MsP was a mafia in a suit, we're in a great position almost regardless of what we do.
If you wanted to tell me Kcalb or mkg should take your place in the POE, I would listen though.
I had literally never heard of that role before just now, nor would my packmate PSV sit her vote on me all day long, so noAre you the tailor?

Are you a wolf from a different faction?I had literally never heard of that role before just now, nor would my packmate PSV sit her vote on me all day long, so no![]()
If you would like to entertain the idea that Clem made me an alien for a second game in a row, I suppose anything is possible.Are you a wolf from a different faction?
This is an awfully small game for 2 mafia and 2 3P, though I'm not experienced enough to know how this nonstandard death mechanic affects balance.
Please say "I am not scum" or "I am a villager."If you would like to entertain the idea that Clem made me an alien for a second game in a row, I suppose anything is possible.
This is an awfully small game for 2 mafia and 2 3P, though I'm not experienced enough to know how this nonstandard death mechanic affects balance.
Black Kat
Im smol
Why are your reads based on someoneleses opinionsWell, Zenge is town.
I have consistently read rae town since D1, and I think it's relatively unlikely that SAR is scum based on my reasoning above.
Apop is town read by Zenge/rae/SAR, so she isn't close to the chopping block.
mkg is being town read by SAR, though I'm now having a little pause because I see the other two players who were town-reading mkg were PSV and dubZ. I could move her into my neutrals.
You've been slight scum read by apop, and you've been tunneled on a player who, for now, appears to be a villager. If you are in fact correct that MsP was a mafia in a suit, we're in a great position almost regardless of what we do.
If you wanted to tell me Kcalb or mkg should take your place in the POE, I would listen though.
Do you have any thoughts on mkg or kcalb? I would actually listen to those.Are you the tailor?
Now it's my turn to be paranoid, cuz this almost seems coded like how dubZ was hounding mkg for a reply. I'm worried that doing this will trigger something bad.Please say "I am not scum" or "I am a villager."
Anyways, I think everyone can read between the lines here.
I'm trying to be a better team player.Why are your reads based on someoneleses opinions
Why are you afraid is going to happen?Now it's my turn to be paranoid, cuz this almost seems coded like how dubZ was hounding mkg for a reply. I'm worried that doing this will trigger something bad.
Anyways, I think everyone can read between the lines here.
I don't know, but I feel like I've answered your questionWhy are you afraid is going to happen?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You did not. All I need you to say is "I am not scum" or "I am a villager."I don't know, but I feel like I've answered your question
Who should replace you in my POE?You did not. All I need you to say is "I am not scum" or "I am a villager."
Say "I am not scum" or "I am a villager."Who should replace you in my POE?
Night 2 vote tally!!!
genny (8) - @Zenge142 , @SARdoghandler , @GoSpursGo , @Animal Midwife , @apoptosis09 , @mkg323 , @_rae_ , @Kcalb
Kcalb (1) - @genny
9/9
Missing (but apparently alive, per the start of night): @WildZoo
Night actions end at 2pm Pacific (5pm Eastern) TOMORROW 4/14 (~19.5 hours)
@Clem J @supershorty @kaydubs
ETA: start of "night" not day
genny (8) - @Zenge142 , @SARdoghandler , @GoSpursGo , @Animal Midwife , @apoptosis09 , @mkg323 , @_rae_ , @Kcalb
Kcalb (1) - @genny
9/9
Missing (but apparently alive, per the start of night): @WildZoo
Night actions end at 2pm Pacific (5pm Eastern) TOMORROW 4/14 (~19.5 hours)
@Clem J @supershorty @kaydubs
ETA: start of "night" not day
I am a villagerSay "I am not scum" or "I am a villager."
Thank you.I am a villager
What is this?Night 2 vote tally!!!
genny (8) - @Zenge142 , @SARdoghandler , @GoSpursGo , @Animal Midwife , @apoptosis09 , @mkg323 , @_rae_ , @Kcalb
Kcalb (1) - @genny
9/9
Missing (but apparently alive, per the start of night): @WildZoo
Night actions end at 2pm Pacific (5pm Eastern) TOMORROW 4/14 (~19.5 hours)
@Clem J @supershorty @kaydubs
ETA: start of "night" not day
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
*******Night 2 vote tally!!!
genny (8) - @Zenge142 , @SARdoghandler , @GoSpursGo , @Animal Midwife , @apoptosis09 , @mkg323 , @_rae_ , @Kcalb
Kcalb (1) - @genny
9/9
Missing (but apparently alive, per the start of night): @WildZoo
Night actions end at 2pm Pacific (5pm Eastern) TOMORROW 4/14 (~19.5 hours)
@Clem J @supershorty @kaydubs
ETA: start of "night" not day
The report of my life was an exaggeration
*******
We will find out together 🙂What is this?
I was afraid of some weird triggered ability (a la dubZ's Yahtzee), but eventually I remembered the ability you were hinting at.Thank you.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
********
On the other hand, maybe I'm not dead.
I'm just a winner 😎
*******
On the other hand, maybe I'm not dead.
I'm just a winner 😎
*******
Hers didn't even do anything. She just exited the game.I was afraid of some weird triggered ability (a la dubZ's Yahtzee), but eventually I remembered the ability you were hinting at.
I mean, yes, but I could imagine it doing something bad.Hers didn't even do anything. She just exited the game.
Anyways, please do report back what you learn 🙂
Apparently people shouldn’t wait up to find out what I didNight 2 vote tally!!!
genny (8) - @Zenge142 , @SARdoghandler , @GoSpursGo , @Animal Midwife , @apoptosis09 , @mkg323 , @_rae_ , @Kcalb
Kcalb (1) - @genny
9/9
Missing (but apparently alive, per the start of night): @WildZoo
Night actions end at 2pm Pacific (5pm Eastern) TOMORROW 4/14 (~19.5 hours)
@Clem J @supershorty @kaydubs
ETA: start of "night" not day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Share with the class?Apparently people shouldn’t wait up to find out what I did
One per game during the night phase I can do what I did, and then we find out what happensShare with the class?
Apparently at the end of the nightOne per game during the night phase I can do what I did, and then we find out what happens
How do you feel about my reads list?Share with the class?
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Ohh excitingOne per game during the night phase I can do what I did, and then we find out what happens
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 92K