Touro COM - New York, Harlem Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted the health forms just now. Gotta file taxes and then I'll do the FAFSA right away. Is there even financial aid for professional school?

Do you mean scholarships?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

II just now. Super surprised. Pretty set on PCOM GA but I live in Brooklyn so I think I'll go. Can't believe they have so many interview dates left.
I think they interview in small groups. You'd be insane not to go.

I think they interview in small groups. You'd be insane not to go.

Yea my day was 9 or 10 people compared to some other schools where there was 30+. They also started interviewing much later than other schools. Got my secondary in mid September and had already been on 3 interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea my day was 9 or 10 people compared to some other schools where there was 30+. They also started interviewing much later than other schools. Got my secondary in mid September and had already been on 3 interviews.

Yea, my interview group consisted of 10 or 11 people. Other interviews I've attended the count was around 20.

Yea, my interview group consisted of 10 or 11 people. Other interviews I've attended the count was around 20.
That's crazy. The other interview I had was 4 people lol. So I felt like touro was a higher number

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What about background check and drug screening? There was nothing about that in the email after the deposit.

They don't drug test at all

Reactions: 1 user
I swear ! My interview at rowan university we were only 4 people lol. Not even kidding.

My interview at SOMA there had to have been 50+ people. It's insane because their class size is 100 or something. It felt really weird.

My interview at SOMA there had to have been 50+ people. It's insane because their class size is 100 or something. It felt really weird.

You're kidding me ??? Did they do one on one interviews ???

You're kidding me ??? Did they do one on one interviews ???

Yes! In fact they did a ton of things. MMI, Small group project, One on one interview, speed dating interviews. It was insane and the actually interviewing process was like 3 hours long.

Yes! In fact they did a ton of things. MMI, Small group project, One on one interview, speed dating interviews. It was insane and the actually interviewing process was like 3 hours long.
This is ridiculous.

Wait guys. Do I actually have to scan the page for the acceptance response form ? There's a like a 1000 easier ways to do that as opposed to scanning. How fid you guys do it ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait guys. Do I actually have to scan the page for the acceptance response form ? There's a like a 1000 easier ways to do that as opposed to scanning. How fid you guys do it ?

I just copied the text in a blank email & then bolded the option for accept that I picked, and deleted the options I didn't pick.

I saved it as a pdf, then circled the option of choice.

Do they send you other emails after they receive the 2000 dollars or that's pretty much it ?

Do they send you other emails after they receive the 2000 dollars or that's pretty much it ?

I paid my deposit back in mid-December and haven't heard anything from them since then. I assume once more of the class is set they will start moving things forward.

There was a moving forward email after you pay the 2000 dollars and send in/email that sheet. I'd call them if you did not receive the moving forward email that had the health forms and other things about preparing for matriculation

Reactions: 1 users
There was a moving forward email after you pay the 2000 dollars and send in/email that sheet. I'd call them if you did not receive the moving forward email that had the health forms and other things about preparing for matriculation
I just paid my deposit yesterday. When did you receive the following email ?

I just paid my deposit yesterday. When did you receive the following email ?

I think it depends on when people are in the office. I get the sense it's a small staff there. I got mine a few hours my deposit.

I just received the moving forward email and deposit confirmation 2 days after deposit was made.

I paid my deposit back in mid-December and haven't heard anything from them since then. I assume once more of the class is set they will start moving things forward.
Either check your junk mail or give them a call because you should have received that moving forward email by now.

Either check your junk mail or give them a call because you should have received that moving forward email by now.

Yeah, I called them today and left a voicemail. I'll give them another try tomorrow. It didn't go to my junk so I probably just didn't make the list

Yeah, I called them today and left a voicemail. I'll give them another try tomorrow. It didn't go to my junk so I probably just didn't make the list
Did you send the acceptance confirmation mail ? Did u get the confirmation of debit from bursar and all ?

Did you send the acceptance confirmation mail ? Did u get the confirmation of debit from bursar and all ?

Yep! Sent in my form to accept. The payment is confirmed and has been removed from my account. I've setup my portal and have started to get the emails reminders about the summer courses offered to matriculated students. I think I just missed the moving forward email but think I am listed as a matriculating student.

Yep! Sent in my form to accept. The payment is confirmed and has been removed from my account. I've setup my portal and have started to get the emails reminders about the summer courses offered to matriculated students. I think I just missed the moving forward email but think I am listed as a matriculating student.
That's great then. The moving forward email just has some important informations as to what needs to be done to make the matriculation process smooth. I'm sure they'll send it to u if you get in touch with them. Plus you've already done the first thing on the list which is setting up your touro email.

Do any of you know how to access our touro email account? I see that it's there on my portal but I don't know how to actually access it:/

Did you guys get a link to the FB page yet? If so was it through email? I am anxious to start looking for housing!...I know it is really early :/

Do any of you know how to access our touro email account? I see that it's there on my portal but I don't know how to actually access it:/
There are instructions on how to access it in the moving forward email. I still have to set it up.

Same I want to figure out where I am living, I'm also taking the summer anatomy course so I'd like to get my housing in order soon!

Did you guys get a link to the FB page yet? If so was it through email? I am anxious to start looking for housing!...I know it is really early :/
I'm not sure if anyone has received an invite at this time.

LI think I have the email set up but I don't see where you get to see your inbox and stuff like that. I see that I have a touro email address I just don't know how to access it.

LI think I have the email set up but I don't see where you get to see your inbox and stuff like that. I see that I have a touro email address I just don't know how to access it.
I'll set up mine and let you know if I have the same issue.

It's a Google email so you actually login through gmail. If you go on the portal there should be a message box that says to access email click a link and it sends you through to gmail

It's a Google email so you actually login through gmail. If you go on the portal there should be a message box that says to access email click a link and it sends you through to gmail
Thanks for the heads up. I'm about to set up mine.

Do you know under what tab that access email link is?

I'm having the same issue right now. It's telling me what my email address is but I don't know how to access it.

I'm having the same issue right now. It's telling me what my email address is but I don't know how to access it.

I googled "touro email" the first link takes you to My Touro Portal

https://touroone.touro.edu/sso/login?service=https://mytouro.touro.edu/paf/authorize

login in using your touro email address name... ex username from [email protected] and I think the initial password was MMDD##FFLL maybe
once you are in there there is an email tab on the left that links you to gmail.

I googled "touro email" the first link takes you to My Touro Portal

https://touroone.touro.edu/sso/login?service=https://mytouro.touro.edu/paf/authorize

login in using your touro email address name... ex username from [email protected] and I think the initial password was MMDD##FFLL maybe
once you are in there there is an email tab on the left that links you to gmail.
I ended up finding this but I can't even access the portal. I called the help center and apparently they are working on it.

Any responses yet for people who interviewed after 2/17? I know that benzyne interviewed on 2/17 and was accepted but has anyone else heard anything?

I haven't heard anything, and I interviewed on 2/3. Tomorrow is Friday though so hopefully we'll hear something!

It turns out I wasn't able to access mytouro because they have the wrong SSN on file. Now it's working at last.

For those who submitted health forms, how did you submit? Did you guys scan and email Kendra Copeland or did you send physical copies (or both)?

Accepted here today! Interviewed in 1/13. Will be declining in favor of another program, but I loved my interview here and am sure I would have been happy at Touro-Harlem. Hope my spot goes to somebody here who needs it! :)

Reactions: 2 users
For those who submitted health forms, how did you submit? Did you guys scan and email Kendra Copeland or did you send physical copies (or both)?

I scanned and emailed. My scanner let me put all like 15 pages in one giant document so it's easier for everyone!

Hey everyone!

Fellow Touro 2020 here! Super excited! Anyone figure out the portal and email access? I have made the account and after logging into MyTouro Portal, the only links are Getting Started and FAQs...am I missing something here? Any help would be awesome

does anyone know when the white coat ceremony for the 2020 class would be?

does anyone know when the white coat ceremony for the 2020 class would be?
In 2018... Touro does the white coat ceremony before students get into clinical rotations. But they do give the white coat at the beginning of first year I believe cuz you need it for other stuff during the first two years.