Touro COM - New York, Harlem Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know anything else about waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Why is that "a joke." Nobody is being forced to do anything it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Check the Facebook group.

They're transferring students to middletown and rescinding acceptances by force now.

It sucks if anyone signed a lease already or turned down better schools like CCOM, NYCOM, Nova.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Check the Facebook group.

They're transferring students to middletown and rescinding acceptances by force now.

It sucks if anyone signed a lease already or turned down better schools like CCOM, NYCOM, Nova.

I'm seeing this. Now things are a lot different then when you posted the "joke" thing. I'm watching this closely on Facebook.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone comment on how feasible it is to go here without a car? Is it possible for all 4 years for only possible for the first two? And if you are bringing your car, what's your plan? thanks!

Can someone comment on how feasible it is to go here without a car? Is it possible for all 4 years for only possible for the first two? And if you are bringing your car, what's your plan? thanks!
Don't know anyone that drives in the first two years but I know many people that drive in their 3rd and 4th year

Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Where do many of your classmates live? Is Harlem safe a night>?
I live in Harlem and have walked home at 3 am a couple of times with laptops in my computer and I felt perfectly safe.

Odd question - esp for med school... but are there lots of places to go out on the weekends in Harlem?

I live in the Upper East Side - I think most students live in Harlem/Upper West because the commute is easier, but there is a bus line (M101) that picks up on 3rd Ave and drops off literally 1 block away from the school. The same bus line also picks up from school and drives down on Lexington. Just some food for thought if you want to live in an area other than the west side.

The Harlem area around the school is safe to walk around in, but that being said just be aware of your surroundings at all times. East Harlem is not as nice of an area.

As far as places to go out - it's NYC so there are bars/restaurants everywhere :) I haven't really gone out in Harlem personally, but my friend lived on 140th and she went out/came back late all the time without any issues. You can always take the subway farther downtown if you want to go out in more trendy areas as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in the Upper East Side - I think most students live in Harlem/Upper West because the commute is easier, but there is a bus line (M101) that picks up on 3rd Ave and drops off literally 1 block away from the school. The same bus line also picks up from school and drives down on Lexington. Just some food for thought if you want to live in an area other than the west side.

The Harlem area around the school is safe to walk around in, but that being said just be aware of your surroundings at all times. East Harlem is not as nice of an area.

As far as places to go out - it's NYC so there are bars/restaurants everywhere :) I haven't really gone out in Harlem personally, but my friend lived on 140th and she went out/came back late all the time without any issues. You can always take the subway farther downtown if you want to go out in more trendy areas as well.

I concur with this. I also strongly suggest making the most out of your two years and if you're making the effort to go out, do it the best you can and hit up trendier parts of New York like the Meat Packing District, Chelsea, and East Village.

I'm seeing this. Now things are a lot different then when you posted the "joke" thing. I'm watching this closely on Facebook.

Whoa what? So it sounds like too many people accepted offers?

Generally, you won't be able to afford to have a car in Manhattan for the first 2 years. You also don't need one.

For 3rd and 4th year rotations, you need a car. Most sites are in Jersey.

What rotation sites does the Middletown campus offer for 3rd and 4th year students? Are they all in rural areas or are some in NYC?

Woah. Kinda freaked out by what's going on with this "overacceptance" thing.

Has anyone received a secondary from Touro-NY this new cycle? I'm honestly really debating filling one out now. As a Canadian, I would be absolutely screwed going to this school then they took away my acceptance.

Any current student want to comment on how big the actual class size is? After all the summer drama I'm curious how big the actual size of the class is.