2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anybody signing up for the summer anatomy courses? It seems very pricey :(

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how long they are interviewing for? I applied very late and see that some IIs have come out recently but unclear as to what interview dates are still available. TIA!

^ nvm answered my own question. I emailed the admissions office. They stated that they have filled all interview spaces through April and are unlikely to extend anymore IIs. This applies to Middletown too.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! That's amazing congrats!!!!!! I'd love to know, why is it your top choice?
For a lot of reasons, actually! More than some other schools they seem to take the idea of creating a well-rounded physician to heart, in terms of emphasizing the importance of academics, research, and outreach opportunities for their students. I have a close friend who is a student there, and even with the pandemic they have managed to create ways to safely do research and volunteer. The faculty there also seem very invested in student learning and getting to know their students. Learning and eventually working with underserved populations is important to me as a student, and Is something that Touro also really emphasizes, which I resonate with. The location and opportunities for research/clinical purposes is also important to me. Overall, they seem like a really well-rounded school with the capability to help me be the kind of osteopathic physician I want to become!

Is anybody signing up for the summer anatomy courses? It seems very pricey :(
I'm seriously considering it. I think anatomy is gonna be one of the hardest classes we take just due to the sheer amount of info. Plus I've been in my gap year since August, so this class might bring me back to reality :lol:

on the TouroCOM website is information pertaining to student aid and how to apply using FAFSA, the whole process should only take about 20 minutes. As to the summer course, I spoke with several current students who said that it is not necessary to succeed in Anatomy.

Anyone heard back from 3/1? Do they usually take 4 weeks for a decision?

Cancelled my interview today...hoping it goes to someone who is still waiting! Good luck everyone! It isn't over until it's over.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how many people are on the waitlist? And how they typically take people off of it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gone on the campus tour? If so, was it worth it? Debating if I should make the trip.

I was accepted and they sent me an email offering a campus tour
Not worth it in my opinion, unless you wanted to check out the area anyway! It's a school located entirely in 1 building hahaha. However, when I went I decided to make a day of it and go to a museum afterwards :)

Anyone know how many people are on the waitlist? And how they typically take people off of it?
I'm not sure about how many people are on the waitlist but I was told that they had a higher number of applicants this cycle than usual, so this might influence the length of the waitlist this year. People are ranked on the waitlist and I assume they are taken off in that order, but your own ranking is not known.

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist so far?
got off the waitlist last week! I will likely be declining so I hope the rest of you get that acceptance email soon!

Reactions: 5 users
got off the waitlist last week! I will likely be declining so I hope the rest of you get that acceptance email soon!
Nice! Did you send an update or anything?

a few people messaged me for stats, so here ya go:
3.5 overall GPA @ NYU
512 MCAT
humanities major
2+ years total of clinical experience

I'm not sure about how many people are on the waitlist but I was told that they had a higher number of applicants this cycle than usual, so this might influence the length of the waitlist this year. People are ranked on the waitlist and I assume they are taken off in that order, but your own ranking is not known.
ugh why cant they tell us our rank. this is so stressful

Just got a post secondary rejection today after having been complete since idk July? August?

I had a really good application. Canadian yes but 4.0 GPA, and 512 MCAT, top quartile in Casper...my PS was super clean and well written.

I have friend who applied with 527 on the MCAT and 4.0 GPA who didn’t get any interviews in the states for MD but my application got one. all I’m trying to say with this is that I wrote my application well.

somehow this school rejected me. I think it’s because I was born in Iran. Racism is a BIG thing with this school. Look it up.

Go here if you want to be a racist p.o.s physician.
come on bro

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a post secondary rejection today after having been complete since idk July? August?

I had a really good application. Canadian yes but 4.0 GPA, and 512 MCAT, top quartile in Casper...my PS was super clean and well written.

I have friend who applied with 527 on the MCAT and 4.0 GPA who didn’t get any interviews in the states for MD but my application got one. all I’m trying to say with this is that I wrote my application well.

somehow this school rejected me. I think it’s because I was born in Iran. Racism is a BIG thing with this school. Look it up.

Go here if you want to be a racist p.o.s physician.
okay I also caught the R and I am as ORM as they get so lol.
But I find it a bit bitter and rude of you to submit an application here and then act like you're so above this school and go as far as to say they educate "racist p.o.s" physicians? The entire healthcare system and medical admissions system needs some damn work as we have seen in the last year with many schools being exposed for racist behavior, but in the context of your post you're clearly not here to critique them for that reason. this may be somebody's only acceptance and for you to say that is incredibly disrespectful to those folks and really comes off as bitter and is not helpful to anybody.

Reactions: 7 users
Maybe you’d find it more helpful if you googled it and saw personal testimonies of ex-employees at touro talking about how racist this school is. Yeah I’m bitter. They didn’t give me a chance for no good reason. I only got upset when I saw employees saying that they’re racist. Otherwise I’m pretty desensitized to rejections.
There are many people with better stats than you that did not receive an interview. As I’m sure you’ve read stats aren’t everything in the application, so saying the school is racist because they rejected you just makes you look like a fool. Also, have you ever been to Harlem? It would be very strange for a racist school to be located in the heart of such a diverse neighborhood like Harlem.

I wish you the best in your application cycle. Perhaps changing your attitude will improve your luck

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone here has touroCOM Harlem as their number one and got waitlisted?

lol yup. I have hope though in regards to waitlist movement
Not only is it my top choice, it's my only choice lol

If anyone has any information/updates about waitlist movement (specifically this cycle with the higher number of applicants) or has heard anything from the admissions directors please share in here!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just declined my offer. Good luck to you all, future docs!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone from 3/3 interview date hear back yet? Everytime I get an email notification I start sweating lolo_O

Last edited:
I was told by Mr. toplan we’d hear back this week!!

Did it take anyone more than 5 weeks to get a decision? Kind of concerned that some people who interviewed two weeks after me already got a response and I haven’t heard anything. I interviewed on 2/24

Did it take anyone more than 5 weeks to get a decision? Kind of concerned that some people who interviewed two weeks after me already got a response and I haven’t heard anything. I interviewed on 2/24
I interviewed 3.3 and I haven't heard back yet despite people who interviewed same day as me hearing today. So im sure it's not only you

I interviewed 3.3 and I haven't heard back yet despite people who interviewed same day as me hearing today. So im sure it's not only you
I also interviewed 3/3 and haven't heard back yet either. How do you know people our interview day heard back today?