University of North Texas (UNTHSC/TCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I want to put a shout out to this school!!

Caroline just made special accommodations to let me interview on August 2nd because I am OOS and I am flying in for a Texas A & M interview on Aug 1. I don't have to change my flight or anything and I know she put a lot of time into making this work!

Members don't see this ad :)
We are sort of on the same level as far as stats: GPAs 3.2 & 26R mcat. My ECs are a little more advanced with publications and a couple thousand clinical hours. We may not interview till late in the cycle due to our lower stats.

Did you apply to any other osteopathic schools?

Anyone know or have any info in going to that recruitment event thing on Saturday the 13th is worth it

Anyone know or have any info in going to that recruitment event thing on Saturday the 13th is worth it

I'm sure it doesn't hurt... I'm going so I can network and display my interest for the institution since they are my number 1 pick!

I'm sure it doesn't hurt... I'm going so I can network and display my interest for the institution since they are my number 1 pick!

How do you plan on getting any actual face time with anyone who can get you an interview though. I feel like that would be hard

Members don't see this ad :)
We are sort of on the same level as far as stats: GPAs 3.2 & 26R mcat. My ECs are a little more advanced with publications and a couple thousand clinical hours. We may not interview till late in the cycle due to our lower stats.

Kinda the same stats - GPA 4.0 - MCAT 24 !

My interview is next Tuesday. I signed up for a host but haven't heard a response. Should I just go ahead and book a hotel or wait for a few more days?

Hey guys I spoke with the assistant dean of admissions today via email about my application and he said that my app has been reviewed once , but that they review apps until the week if Thanksgiving. So if you have not received and interview yet we still have plenty of time! A reminder of my stats are 3.86 cgpa 3.78 science 23 mcat. My app was complete on May 30

Hey guys I spoke with the assistant dean of admissions today via email about my application and he said that my app has been reviewed once , but that they review apps until the week if Thanksgiving. So if you have not received and interview yet we still have plenty of time! A reminder of my stats are 3.86 cgpa 3.78 science 23 mcat. My app was complete on May 30

Really? I just figured they give your app a once over they sent an invite or not. With 2000+ applicants per year it would be difficult to review apps multiple times. Someone with experience please give some input

Who did you email and when were you complete on the primary/secondary?

I am interested in trying this out.

I emailed Caroline in the admissions office and she directed my email to Patrick Middleton who is the assistant director of admissions. My primary was sent out on May 17 and my application was all complete at TCOM with letters and secondary on May 30. Sorry I misspoke earlier when I said dean I meant director.

I emailed Caroline in the admissions office and she directed my email to Patrick Middleton who is the assistant director of admissions. My primary was sent out on May 17 and my application was all complete at TCOM with letters and secondary on May 30. Sorry I misspoke earlier when I said dean I meant director.

I was complete on 5/28. I am 3.2 with a 26R, so I'm sure they have reviewed me. I really hope they come back to me

My interview is next Tuesday. I signed up for a host but haven't heard a response. Should I just go ahead and book a hotel or wait for a few more days?

I'm in the same boat as you interview next Tuesday. Haven't heard anything about the host yet either :confused:

I hear ya! I hope I hear back too! Maybe they will interview us the same day haha

I'm in the same boat as you interview next Tuesday. Haven't heard anything about the host yet either :confused:

Aw well I have already booked a hotel. Homewood on Charlie lane. Where are you staying at?

Aw well I have already booked a hotel. Homewood on Charlie lane. Where are you staying at?

I'm waiting one more day to see if I get a reply for the student host. If not I will have to find a hotel or just drive there the morning of.

For those of you that have received interviews did your portal status change from complete to under review and then to invited for interview or did it just go from complete to invited for interview?

Bump

My application finally says complete. Everything but my MCAT scores were received on 6/21/13 and now that my MCAT scores are in it says complete.

cGPA: 3.76
sGPA: 3.64
MCAT: 27 (7/11/9)
Hopefully I can land an interview soon.

Just got an II by phone this morning! Transmitted 6/20, Secondary submitted 6/13

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you had any information on what a competitive mcat score would be to be accepted to the medical sciences masters program? I am just trying to have a plan if I do not get any interviews this cycle with my 23 :(

No hosts are available for 7/30 :(...there goes 200 bucks

I wasn't able to get a host either for 7/30. If any other interviewees know of a nearby hotel or want to meet for dinner we should arrange something. It would be nice to get to know each other before the interviews.

I wasn't able to get a host either for 7/30. If any other interviewees know of a nearby hotel or want to meet for dinner we should arrange something. It would be nice to get to know each other before the interviews.

I am staying at the Homewood suite by Hilton. I am up for meeting fellow interviewees also! Those who have interview on this date and would like to meet up should post so we can figure something out!

it's harder to find a host at certain times of year. i know august is a very busy month for almost every student at tcom.

I am staying at the Homewood suite by Hilton. I am up for meeting fellow interviewees also! Those who have interview on this date and would like to meet up should post so we can figure something out!

I suppose I'll book at that hotel as well. Anyone interested in meeting on the 29th is more than welcome, though we should communicate through PMs so we don't clutter up this thread with our planning. :sleep:

I suppose I'll book at that hotel as well. Anyone interested in meeting on the 29th is more than welcome, though we should communicate through PMs so we don't clutter up this thread with our planning. :sleep:

Good idea...just PM me or arsarcrium if you want to meet up on Monday night (7/29)

Hey does anyone know if TCOM has a pre-interview dinner? I am interviewing on Friday, August 2, who else is interviewing with me?

TCOM does not have a pre-interview dinner. You're on your own until you're signed in. Best of luck!

I was recently made aware of this ESPN clip on a TCOM grad in action at the Nascar accident earlier this year, so I thought I'd share. My family is military and there is much resonance.

Thunderbird 9 NASCAR Feature for ESPN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBODbUQggug

(http://afthunderbirds.com/site/team_members/michael-carletti/
Major Michael Carletti is the flight surgeon for the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron. He provides medical care for more than 120 team members and keeps the pilots in optimal health to complete their rigorous flying schedule. He played football in high school before transitioning to athletic academics, tutoring student athletes in college. Doctor Carletti entered the Air Force in 2002 as a graduate of Texas Christian University and completed medical school in 2006 at the University of North Texas. Before joining the team, he was the flight surgeon for the 72nd Medical Group, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla. He has logged more than 650 flight hours. Doctor Carletti is in his second season with the team and hails from San Antonio, Texas.)

Complete today 7/30. Texas resident 3.8 cgpa 3.7 sgpa 27 mcat. Hope I get an interview.

Hello everyone!

I am an out of state student from Iowa and have already submitted my AACOMAS application. But am debating on whether or not I should apply to TCOM. I know that only 10% of out of staters get accepted, but can anyone give any insight on this? Is it worth filling out TMDSAS? I have family from texas so I have visited the school before. Let me know what you guys think!

If anyone who's out of state sees this could you comment ?

Thanks!