University of North Texas (UNTHSC/TCOM) Discussion Thread 2016 - 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have gotten IIs, are you in state or OOS?
In state.
So you made an account before(I have one; where you create your own ID and password)? How were they linked after your app was transmitted?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

After TCOM gets your primary and secondary, they should send you an email with a username and password to get into the HSC portal.

Members don't see this ad.

In state.

After TCOM gets your primary and secondary, they should send you an email with a username and password to get into the HSC portal.
So, I can submit the secondary before they receive my primary? Does it make sense to do so? How do they link it to my primary? TMDSAS ID I guess?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I can submit the secondary before they receive my primary? Does it make sense to do so? How do they link it to my primary? TMDSAS ID I guess?

Yea you can submit it beforehand. They ask for your TMDSAS ID and link it to your primary once you receive it.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get a call from them yet?
It's been about a week since my status changed to interview invitation but still no call. I'm like paranoid with checking my phone.

It's been about a week since my status changed to interview invitation but still no call. I'm like paranoid with checking my phone.
No more news on my end. I'm sure they are busy with the wait list and related matters as they finalize the 2016 incoming class, so don't worry!

No call yet. I've been getting a lot of calls lately and quickly answer each time hoping it is them to finally set a date for the interview lol.

Where will it show on the portal that my secondary is linked to my account? On my status it says that my application is complete. There is nothing mentioning my secondary either under my to do list.

I'm just skeptical it is actually linked since I just created this portal account this morning and I only submitted my secondary on Tuesday.

Where will it show on the portal that my secondary is linked to my account? On my status it says that my application is complete. There is nothing mentioning my secondary either under my to do list.

I'm just skeptical it is actually linked since I just created this portal account this morning and I only submitted my secondary on Tuesday.
I would call to make sure, but if they gave you your login information and the portal says your application is complete, then they should have everything they need.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just read Osteopathy & the Zombie Apocalypse by Dr. Mitchell A. Cohn, and now I'm super excited about applying to DO school!

Reactions: 1 users
I just read Osteopathy & the Zombie Apocalypse by Dr. Mitchell A. Cohn, and now I'm super excited about applying to DO school!
I'll have to check this out. It sounds awesome! I've been looking for some good summer reads.

Someone on this thread already called about it. I'm sure they're busy enough, so I'll wait.
When your application changed to "invited to interview", where did this reflect? Under view my status?

When your application changed to "invited to interview", where did this reflect? Under view my status?

The top of the "Applicant Status" page above the table.

Just now received the call to schedule the interview! July 29th! I'm so excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Just now received the call to schedule the interview! July 29th! I'm so excited!
Awesome! Congrats!
Would you mind sharing the first few dates that were offered?
Is it all on a Friday?
Last year it was on Tuesdays so I thought it would be the same. my summer class exams are on Fridays so just wondering

Last edited:
Awesome! Congrats!
Would you mind sharing the first few dates that were offered?
Is it all on a Friday?
Last year it was on Tuesdays so I thought it would be the same. my summer class exams are on Fridays so just wondering
They just told me that date was the earliest they had and I took it. Didn't listen to any other days they had to offer.

They just told me that date was the earliest they had and I took it. Didn't listen to any other days they had to offer.

Did they call from an Unknown number?

I submitted my secondary, but it still says it's not complete. Does it take awhile for it to process?

I submitted my secondary, but it still says it's not complete. Does it take awhile for it to process?
yes, back when i submitted it i was told that it could take up to 24 hrs to process. however, if it still says incomplete after 24 hrs then call them and follow up.

Wow, I'm glad I checked this forum today! My application has also been marked 'invited to interview' for who knows how long. I haven't checked for weeks. No call yet... Also, I'm OOS.

Just FYI, TCOM always calls you for interviews under an "Unknown" number. However they usually leave a voicemail if they miss you. Be sure to be checking your voicemails if you get a call from an unknown number and pick up if you get a call.

Is anyone willing to read a secondary submission I'm considering for TCOM? I might be rolling the dice here with this one.

Wow, I'm glad I checked this forum today! My application has also been marked 'invited to interview' for who knows how long. I haven't checked for weeks. No call yet... Also, I'm OOS.

Do you mind telling me the date your application was completed (with secondary, LOR, and transcripts in)? And stats?

Congratulations on the ii! This waiting game is torturous

Do you mind telling me the date your application was completed (with secondary, LOR, and transcripts in)? And stats?

Congratulations on the ii! This waiting game is torturous

Thanks! I believe I submitted the secondary on 5/16 and all my letters and transcripts were already there. However, I didn't release my MCAT until 6/21. Hopefully that's helpful. As far as stats my LizzyM is ~75.

Also, does anyone have any idea how many OOS interviews are offered? It looks like there's a 2:1 ratio of interviews to acceptances on the whole. I don't know if OOS is any more/less selective on interviews.

Thanks! I believe I submitted the secondary on 5/16 and all my letters and transcripts were already there. However, I didn't release my MCAT until 6/21. Hopefully that's helpful. As far as stats my LizzyM is ~75.

Also, does anyone have any idea how many OOS interviews are offered? It looks like there's a 2:1 ratio of interviews to acceptances on the whole. I don't know if OOS is any more/less selective on interviews.

Thanks! I submitted everything 6/10 with LizzyM 74.5. In state though. Hoping my status changes soon D:!

As for OOS, all I know is that for Texas schools OOS interviews are generally conducted earlier because they can offer OOS acceptances earlier than Texas residents. TCOM is publicly funded so 10% of students can be OOS. For the schools I applied to as an out of state resident I found a website (I believe it was start class though I will check up on that for you) that gave a breakdown of the number of OOS interviews offered and the number of OOS applicants who matriculated. Not sure if they will have info for TCOM since it's a DO school though!

Last edited:
For the secondary, it asks why we are motivated to pursue a career in osteopathic medicine and our most memorable healthcare experience. For me, both of these were directly addressed in the personal statement. Should I be redundant, and go more in depth on the details...or should I try to draw from a new experience? Personally, my strongest feelings/experiences were put on the PS.

I don't think anyone really knows this except for the ADCOM. However, I don't think many OOS people even bother applying to Texas schools simply because they know they cannot accept more than 10% OOS by law and also because of the separate TMDSAS application. This, of course, raises the chances for the OOS applicants that actually do apply. Overall, I would say that the interview/acceptance ratio is probably similar for OOS applicants, although I can't be sure. I do know that OOS TCOM matriculants tend to have slightly higher than average stats (for TCOM that is), and they also tend to favor BYU alumni for whatever reason. That's all anecdotal though, from what I've seen.

I just got the phone call! II for Aug 16th. I was also offered the 12th but it doesn't work with my schedule and it's cheaper for me to fly during the week from OOS. Hopefully a few days later isn't a thing (it shouldn't be right...?) Keep your phones close everyone!

@gertlush you beat me to it;)

Just got a call from lovely Caroline to schedule II this afternoon:)
I also can't do the 12th so I'll be there on the 16th!!
Super duper excited:banana:

I think Caroline is working her way through all the interviewees so those of whom are waiting will get the call soon!

Did you guys have your applicant status change online before you got the call?

@gertlush you beat me to it;)

Just got a call from lovely Caroline to schedule II this afternoon:)
I also can't do the 12th so I'll be there on the 16th!!
Super duper excited:banana:

I think Caroline is working her way through all the interviewees so those of whom are waiting will get the call soon!

Good to hear about everyone else getting their calls! Haha