2008-2009 University of Washington Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I called today, and it's a rejection for me. I'm bummed, but it's not unexpected, and I'm just glad the suspense is over. Good luck to everyone still in the game!

Aw sorry Breeak. Good luck with your other schools :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I see many people experienced confusion over the residency forms. If you were going to apply all over again what would you do differently? Is there any reason not to click the UW registrar's office residency form and just do that when doing the other initial forms or secondary and either submit it then or have it all ready to go upon request?

Is it the same form for every one at UW or is there something special about the UWSOM form?

I see many people experienced confusion over the residency forms. If you were going to apply all over again what would you do differently? Is there any reason not to click the UW registrar's office residency form and just do that when doing the other initial forms or secondary and either submit it then or have it all ready to go upon request?

Is it the same form for every one at UW or is there something special about the UWSOM form?

I had an exceptionally unique situation involving out-of-state undergrad, long-term volunteer time abroad, out-of-state grad and a lot of other things, including buying a "junker" car in a different state to get around and having that state's DMV issue me a title/registration even though I have a WA DL. It was a huge mess, moral of the story, if you own any type of property (real estate, automobiles, etc.) out-of-state, change it, sell it, whatever, ASAP. They're looking to see if you're trying to make any other state besides WA (or other WWAMI) your "legal domicile." So, for me, it took forever, but for others with simpler situations (went to school in state or are young enough where your parents still claim you on taxes in state) it was a very easy process. Like posted before, Dana Hendricksen is incredibly helpful with WA residency verification. She's nice, sympathetic, helpful, and prompt. I have only good things to say about her!

Members don't see this ad :)
YES!
Congratulations! See you in 2010!

Thank-you! Congratulations to you as well!! Do we have a facebook page yet?
UWSOM Class of 2013 thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=593849

:luck: :luck: to all of you who are still waiting to hear. I know what it is like. I waited one entire year from the date of my application to the day I received the rejection letter last year. What a crazy process! Hang in there and try again if you don't get in this year.

Last edited:
it would be great to hear something from uwsom '09 bunch-- how interview season is going etc... (post dec that is.)

complete early Dec. and no interview invite...

I'm OOR

Should I give up??? The waiting is making me ill!!!

complete early Dec. and no interview invite...

I'm OOR

Should I give up??? The waiting is making me ill!!!

Don't give up just yet; you only have to wait about another week. I called them earlier this week and the admissions office staff said that all pre-interview interview decisions will be made by end of next week. Hang in there for a little while longer.

Was there an ExCom meeting today?

Was there an ExCom meeting today?

I hope we don't have to wait until Tuesday to hear the results!!! Last time they had an ExCom meeting from 8-10 we heard the next morning.

So I am interviewing the week of Feb 9th (rather not say the day/time). Does that mean I will be reviewed at that weeks EXCOM meeting? That would be nuts to hear something so soon, even if it were "continue to review"

Crap, i just realized that you guys have been saying that they haven't really been notifying ppl the day of...and that monday is a holiday. But still, if I heard that Tues, it would be less than a week so can't really complain about that

Last edited:
Don't give up just yet; you only have to wait about another week. I called them earlier this week and the admissions office staff said that all pre-interview interview decisions will be made by end of next week. Hang in there for a little while longer.

I'm pre-interview and had some questions as far as the process, and they called me back, actually a couple times, and said that if you got your application in before the deadline, you're application will be reviewed no matter what. She said if the interview spots are "full" but they see your file and still want to invite you for an interview, you will get one, they are not determined by interview spots. So, if you got your application in "late" but before the deadline, no worries. They aren't just going to reject you because you're on the bottom of the pile and they "ran out" of interviews. That's just what I heard.

Aw sorry Breeak. Good luck with your other schools :luck:

Thanks Nina. I figure things tend to work out for the best, so I obviously wasn't meant to be there. There's always residency though, right? :D

Good luck to those still in the running! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Something should come out today. I'm sitting on pins and needles here. This one made me very anxious, I hope it's not my intuition tell me I'm rejected :scared:

Same here Nina...I'm right there with you on that front...:scared::scared: Probably can't go back to sleep now :laugh:

Same here Nina...I'm right there with you on that front...:scared::scared: Probably can't go back to sleep now :laugh:

Back to sleep!?! I have to leave for work soon :(

Well, I hope we all hear some good news today :xf: I know I'll be on SDN today (even though my work monitors internet use and I don't think they'd approve...:rolleyes:) I am really into emoticons today

Nothing yet? Good luck to all of you!

Has anyone heard from UW yet from the Fri committee meeting? I'm starting to get nervous..

Nobody has heard anything yet :scared: Who wants to be the brave soul that calls??

Just called and the person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about (?). Then he transferred me to someone that did not pick up the phone. Someone else's turn!! :D

I spoke to a very nice lady in the admissions office. She said that emails have been sent out. However, if you've been "under consideration" previously then you'll probably only get an update email every month or so (so Frannie, you and I probably won't hear until Feb). She also said that if you're under consideration, you most likely won't get a decision until the end of the season because they like to look at everyone else who is interviewing. So now we just wait I guess. She said to feel free to call whenever to check on your status. Apparently I'm still under consideration....

FYI I called 206-543-7212 and some guy transferred me over to the lady in the admissions office (I think her name was Stella...)

let me know if anyone hears anything else! I'm gonna relax now until the first meeting in Feb

Thanks Nina, that was great! I'm glad you were able to ferret out the answer :D:D I guess the Feb meeting isn't TOO far away...the stress continues..:p

do you mean two years in a row? otherwise it doesnt make sense :)

No, he said that he wasn't able to mark UWash on AMCAS because he was out of region. He started med school at Harvard in 2007 so I don't know why he would say that.

hi all,
last friday evening i found out i got into uw. needless to say it was the BEST moment of my life.

congrats to everyone who got in, good luck to those still waiting....hope to see you all next September!

would someone explain to me how UWSOM interviews over 700 IR (according to MSAR two years in a row) applicants when I count on their calendar around 200 or less? are there secret interviews they don't list?

would someone explain to me how UWSOM interviews over 700 IR (according to MSAR two years in a row) applicants when I count on their calendar around 200 or less? are there secret interviews they don't list?

What are you assuming the interview group size to be? My group was about 13 people I think...the other WAMI groups may be larger...

What are you assuming the interview group size to be? My group was about 13 people I think...the other WAMI groups may be larger...

My interview day had 3 people!! (2 OOR, 1 WA resident) At the end of the day another WA resident came and interviewed, but she skipped all the orientation stuff. So, a total of 4 people

(This is a pretty long thread so excuse if I'm reposting information that was previously posted.) It is my understanding - and please correct me if I am wrong - that the U has a new D/A and that person has changed the way the U conducts IR interviews. It used to be that auto-invites were granted, but not any longer. So, although 200 seems like a rather low number, the number of applicants interviewed this year will be far fewer than 700.

Wow, it must be totally different than the WA interviews. If you look at the calendar for WA they only do about 3 per day

From what I understand, there are three "interview time slots" per day. The actual number of people interviewed depends on how many interview committees they can get. For example, on my interview day, there were three committees, so at each interview slot each committee interviewed one person. Three committees, three time slots = nine people total. One of my friends who interviewed a few weeks ago, however, told me that they only had once committee of interviewers, so only three interviewees were in the group. Hope that clears something up!

From what I understand, there are three "interview time slots" per day. The actual number of people interviewed depends on how many interview committees they can get. For example, on my interview day, there were three committees, so at each interview slot each committee interviewed one person. Three committees, three time slots = nine people total. One of my friends who interviewed a few weeks ago, however, told me that they only had once committee of interviewers, so only three interviewees were in the group. Hope that clears something up!

ohhhh, now it makes sense

Any WWAMI peeps remember how soon you got your interview date set before your actual interview? Wyoming is less than a month away and still no news besides "you've been invited!" blah...any info would help :)

Any WWAMI peeps remember how soon you got your interview date set before your actual interview? Wyoming is less than a month away and still no news besides "you've been invited!" blah...any info would help :)

I had an interview last Tuesday with all the Idaho peeps and they only gave us two weeks notice before the interview. I was still super stoked just to interview though. I guess they'll be deciding my fate in just a few hours. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I had an interview last Tuesday with all the Idaho peeps and they only gave us two weeks notice before the interview. I was still super stoked just to interview though. I guess they'll be deciding my fate in just a few hours. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Oh man! good luck, thanks for the help!!

Has anyone from Idaho heard anything yet?

No, I haven't heard anything personally. And I haven't heard of any other Idaho people hearing back either. Hopefully we find out soon!

No, I haven't heard anything personally. And I haven't heard of any other Idaho people hearing back either. Hopefully we find out soon!

I called an hour ago and they said their server was down and they couldn't pull up my file. They said they would call me when it's back up.

Interesting.. I just got another still under consideration email from UW, was there a committee meeting recently? I'm a WA resident.

Interesting.. I just got another still under consideration email from UW, was there a committee meeting recently? I'm a WA resident.

I also got one. I think there was a committee meeting last week on Wednesday, so this email must be in reference to it. Looks like update emails are being sent every other committee meeting or so, for the people that are still under consideration. Good luck :D

I never thought I'd say that an email is the most amazing birthday gift ever, but today it feels like it is! (My b-day is on Sunday)

Interview 12/2
Acceptance 1/27!!!!!

I never thought I'd say that an email is the most amazing birthday gift ever, but today it feels like it is! (My b-day is on Sunday)

Interview 12/2
Acceptance 1/27!!!!!

Congrats AuDggr! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you :)

Just out of curiosity, were you put in the consideration pool first, or was this a straight acceptance? Thanks!

I'm an Idaho applicant and I got the consideration pool email earlier today. Anyone from Idaho get accepted?

I'm an Idaho applicant and I got the consideration pool email earlier today. Anyone from Idaho get accepted?
I still haven't heard anything. When I finally got ahold of them yesterday they said that nothing on my file had been posted yet. Is Audggr an Idahoan? I'm getting the feeling that I might get a sad letter in the mail soon.

Sorry, stupid question about Auggr. I should have looked at the interview date first.

Has anyone been under consideration and then rejected before the final evaluation in March? I'm wondering if these continued "under consideration" emails mean that we made it through another evaluation or just that nothing has really happened...

The lady I spoke with on the phone said if you're under consideration, you probably won't hear anything until March....which makes it seem like you aren't evaluated at every meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.